Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m sure someone here must have also watched it too. I think it was when RG was interviewed in this morning he said that “Martha” had never actually gone to prison but there was a real life resolutio/ending but he wasn’t prepared to divulge what that was.
I'm sure I read that he got a restraining order against her, I could be wrong

Reactions: 4

HughJanus

Chatty Member
I've just seen a post online suggesting that it could be the guy from Peep Show, not sure of his name. But it would make sense, looks quite like him too.
Ffs peep show is one my faves of all time!!
I can’t watch it the same anymore and have to admit all the clues definately lead to him!

• Wow

cheesemonger

Am I right in thinking in the Netflix show he sleeps with Martha? I just can’t get over how wrong that is when he knows she is not well mentally.

HarryToby

I had lost interest in the whole thing until I saw Piers Morgan was putting out an interview with her, I've subscribed and set an alarm 😂

She looks much more put together in the photo with him than she does on Facebook. Those close up pictures of her do her no favours, she looks deranged.

She is reasonably nice looking in the Piers pic.
---
Considering what she has said after the interview, I don't think we will see sympathetic Piers.
What did she say?

I think it’s really difficult to say. I don’t think she recognises her behaviour as problematic but even with that, it’s not really ok to take advantage of that as PM did and even as it seems like RG has done to embellish things for Netflix (per his own admissions of elements not being factual, not her denials).

She has to be responsible for her own vicious words and behaviour but not for other people deciding that it’s then ok to lie about her just because “she’s a horrible person” nor for things like Piers thinking he’s got a massive gotcha just because he doesn’t understand the Scottish educational system - they need to take responsibility for that themselves.
---

Like this whole argument. If she went to prison, she has to own that but if she didn’t, the responsibility is on Gadd and Netflix to explain the “this is a true story”.
I totally agree with you. At the time I posted that I thought it was exploitative of the media to be using this story and her as entertainment. I was merely responding to someone who responded to me when I asked if she was radio silent because she could be getting legal advice and I also asked if her recent posts could go against her. Someone then responded she could use diminished responsibility regarding her posts and that's when I posted that I'm not sure if diminished responsibility would stand because I believe her to have a level of awareness although I don't believe she knows how problematic her behaviour is and due to having that awareness she takes responsibility meaning I don't think she could use diminished responsibility as a legal defence. Outside of that everyone else is responsible for their own. It's tragic to dramatise an already really traumatic experience and I do wonder if the SA by Martha in BR was a representation of how he was feeling or it really happened and if it didn't really happen its strange and wrong to include it within the show.

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I hope he’s not going to spend loads of this just going through stuff in the show that’s already been established as fiction

No, no disclaimer at the start. Just the "this is a true story" at the end of the opening scene, it's in the same typography as the typed up emailed on screen throughout the show. It's the in the credits where they list it.
I know. I mean from the start of it being on Netflix as on X people claim it’s only been added to the credits recently, that when people watched it at first it wasn’t there.

Topsy-turvy2

One more thing. I think I've just realised what "wee green spot on his face" means. I think it means he had a bogey on his face. That's been bugging me for days!
I woulda just thought it was pimple.eeady ro burst. I didnt think wS anything hidden behind it she ment henhad a spot 🤷‍♀️ nothing more
---
I'm not sure of diminished responsibility because even though I don't think she recognises her behaviour as problematic I think she has some level of awareness of what she is saying. I don't think she's a sane minded individual but I also don't think that protects her from responsibility of her vicious words and behaviour.
She def has awareness, when asked about the other men, indont go out with young men with no jobs, instantly she realised that was rude and the other lads didn't do nout to her.. you could she literally instantly and she half ass corrected herself oh no that was crude or something she said , she's much more aware then lot people are believing. And the more interviews she does the more will start to spot that she's sick yes but not as sick as some would like to believe.
---
I woulda just thought it was pimple ready to burst. I didnt think was anything hidden behind it she ment he had a spot 🤷‍♀️ nothing more
---

She def has awareness, when asked about the other men, i dont go out with young men with no jobs, instantly she realised that was rude and the other lads didn't do nout to her.. you could she literally instantly and she half ass corrected herself oh no that was crude or something she said , she's much more aware then lot people are believing. And the more interviews see does the more will start to spot that she's sick yes but not as sick as some would like to believe.

Typos 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
So I watched the entire series yet have no idea what happened in real life- did gadd actually report ‘Martha’ to the police and did she get convicted?

Fee24601

Also want to clarify my comment about personality disorders was not to generalise or stereotype anyone. Personality disorders don't make people inherently bad and I'm not implying anything of the sort. Just speculating on some contributing factors behind the behaviour .
I didn’t take your comment as a diagnosis, more of a general reflection on how FH came across *if* she has any form of neurological disorder, divergence, etc. I’m sorry if I have the impression of judgement, hopefully you understand my intention ❤

I personally think FH should be assessed by a clinician as early as possible, and receive some form of support, but I couldn’t say at this moment exactly how that would work out.

Tuppence

I think she probably does but I'm thinking a Desmond or lower. Basically she doesn't feel she did well enough to use it as a brag.

Sorry, swift commentary change... "and judge for yourselves". OK 😆
It wasn't an honours degree so it wouldn't be graded. You just pass or fail.