Autistic Interpretations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In general, gifts under 15k from each individual are not taxable or reportable. I haven’t seen them get gifts that amount to anywhere near that.

They are somehow able to fund Disney trips a few times a year, pay for eye surgeries & build a new deck from the "gifts" they've received.
Not to mention how much those dogs cost (but of course, they're therapy dogs 🙄).

I'm guessing there's alot we don't know about!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
In general, gifts under 15k from each individual are not taxable or reportable. I haven’t seen them get gifts that amount to anywhere near that.
You are so wrong ins your assumption I will discuss this with IRS You defend them and may well be part of the problem!

Reactions: 4
You are so wrong ins your assumption I will discuss this with IRS You defend them and may well be part of the problem!
To be fair, they are right. If you google "Do you have to report gifts to the IRS?" the first piece of info that comes up is from the IRS website and it says gifts valued at $10,000 or more must be reported by the giftee. The person receiving the gift does not have to report it.

I've said it before, but I don't think they are actually rolling in dough. If they were, I don't think they would be waiting to move to a new house. Even in this hot of a real estate market. I think they make a decent amount of money from the monthly Crispy subscriptions/donations and when added to whatever government assistance they receive for taking care of Jess it probably equals out to two monthly incomes. I think the bulk of what they bring in though from the channel comes in the form of gift cards and other physical gifts. Stuff like that you don't have to report, as far as I am aware. Unless it reaches a certain ridiculous dollar amount (like the swag bags at the Oscars - nominees and presents have to pay taxes on those if they want to keep it). It's actually the perfect way for them to get free stuff and it not cost them in taxes.

Reactions: 1
Today is Greedy Thursday!! Surprised to see so many sending money just because Jessica got her EEG done. Now this was after threatening thoughts of hurting the technician if she came. Then they reward her with candy , fudge brownie party and out to lunch. My thought is there’s the problem with Jessica she threatens aggression and they load her with rewards. Why not encouragement and if she doesn’t act appropriate she has consequences!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Today is Greedy Thursday!! Surprised to see so many sending money just because Jessica got her EEG done. Now this was after threatening thoughts of hurting the technician if she came. Then they reward her with candy , fudge brownie party and out to lunch. My thought is there’s the problem with Jessica she threatens aggression and they load her with rewards. Why not encouragement and if she doesn’t act appropriate she has consequences!!
I can't watch them beg anymore. It is disgusting watching them. Just can't stand to look at the idiot Hannah. Just come here for updates.

Seems to me a lot of what they get is pretty nominal and not of high value. Just little stuff unless I have missed something. Mostly cards, dvds, coloring books, and not sure the gift cards are more than 25 bucks for the most part.

I do find it quite funny that Jessica is getting more cards then anything else on Greedy Thursday! Maybe people are finally catching on to the scam or it’s a waste to send gifts beyond playing cards . I did hear Val let out a hoop when someone finally sent a gift card.

I actually feel like Hannah looks better with her glasses than without.
I thought the same thing. Just something about her I find annoying. Maybe because she’s such a whiner. She has no clue about the real world. Living in the basement and not facing reality is so sad. She pays all this money for LASIK surgery so the Crispies can tell her she’s beautiful? Because she doesn’t leave the house for anyone else to comment.

Reactions: 2
I do think it is okay that they used rewards for good behavior. A reward can be a powerful tool. I do think they overdid the rewards. I think her getting a chocolate bar as a reward for getting the EEG leads placed on her head is fine. I also think one reward the next day (either brownie party or out to eat) for keeping the leads on is also okay. However, I do not think she needed to be rewarded with candy, brownie party, going out to eat AND rewards from the Crispies. That's just too many rewards.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I do think it is okay that they used rewards for good behavior. A reward can be a powerful tool. I do think they overdid the rewards. I think her getting a chocolate bar as a reward for getting the EEG leads placed on her head is fine. I also think one reward the next day (either brownie party or out to eat) for keeping the leads on is also okay. However, I do not think she needed to be rewarded with candy, brownie party, going out to eat AND rewards from the Crispies. That's just too many rewards.
I agree with rewards also but I think she’s rewarded so much for things not warranted it’s ineffective. One small token but it was totally ridiculous the amount she was given. Especially after making comments that sounded threatening toward the tech if she came. You could almost see the crazy in her tone and eyes when she spoke about it. I can’t even imagine what it has to be like for them tip toeing around Jessica demands everyday. I heard them say they have to be on top of everything they say because if she misconstrues what she hears the meltdown begins. I know Jessica is disabled but they have definitely created a monster by babying her so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
They have to report gifts over $10,000. That deck, the car. Etc is more than
I thought the same thing. Just something about her I find annoying. Maybe because she’s such a whiner. She has no clue about the real world. Living in the basement and not facing reality is so sad. She pays all this money for LASIK surgery so the Crispies can tell her she’s beautiful? Because she doesn’t leave the house for anyone else to comment.
she definitely is not beautiful, or even close to it!
Seems to me a lot of what they get is pretty nominal and not of high value. Just little stuff unless I have missed something. Mostly cards, dvds, coloring books, and not sure the gift cards are more than 25 bucks for the most part.
plus the deck, new car, surgery potential new house!
I think they go overboard for this woman/child. She should have been made to get the EEG with any threats to the tech. I would be mortified if one of my children acted like that!

I agree with rewards also but I think she’s rewarded so much for things not warranted it’s ineffective. One small token but it was totally ridiculous the amount she was given. Especially after making comments that sounded threatening toward the tech if she came. You could almost see the crazy in her tone and eyes when she spoke about it. I can’t even imagine what it has to be like for them tip toeing around Jessica demands everyday. I heard them say they have to be on top of everything they say because if she misconstrues what she hears the meltdown begins. I know Jessica is disabled but they have definitely created a monster by babying her so much.
I agree. The excessive amount of gifts, money and treats will cause issues of entitlement. And this has nothing to do with her being disabled. A neurotypical person would become entitled, too.

Reactions: 4
They have to report gifts over $10,000. That deck, the car. Etc is more than

plus the deck, new car, surgery potential new house!
Not to white knight for them, because again, I don't care for how they exploit Jess for profit. But technically we don't know enough about the things you mentioned to know whether or not they should or should not be reported. For instance, we have no way of knowing if the car was paid in full. That's an assumption you are making. My guess is more than likely not. We also don't know what money they used to pay for the car. If it was money they earned from Crispy subscriptions (as well as the money they receive from the government for being caretakers) then that is earned income. Not a gift. So the car does not need to be reported.

In regards to the deck, if I remember correctly they "fundraised" half of the money for it, then Val's family chipped in for the other half and offered to build it for them. I think it was about $500 total. I could be wrong though, but I seem to remember Val saying this either in a YouTube video or on Insta-stories when showing the progress of the deck.

As for them both getting Lasik, I have not had the procedure myself but a quick Google search states that the procedure is usually not covered by insurance since it is considered cosmetic. Pricing usually starts around $2,000 though it could be higher depending on where you live. So at the least, it probably cost them $4,000 for both to have the procedure done. Again, we don't know if they each paid in full and if so, was it with money from Crispy subscriptions/earned income, or was it gifted money. Another scenario is they put it all on their Disney credit cards and are paying it off in increments.

IMO, they're still very much small-time compared to other social media personalities. Unless a rich Crispy comes along that sends $1,000 gift cards/checks or Val gets some kind of lucrative, big-time book deal, they are never going to make a ton of money beyond having enough to live off of and a little extra for things like Disney. Which is not bad at all and better than some regular people. But to make big-time money, you need sponsorships and they are not going to get the same sponsorships that lifestyle/fashion/beauty influencers do. I think Jess' age also works against them, as brands that want to promote inclusivity tend to have sponsorships with younger individuals with intellectual or physical disabilities.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.