Australian Influencers #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Veruca Salt's tiktoks are so sad 😢 she loved her son so much. I hope she has a strong support network around her.

Reactions: 22
On Gemma Peanut and the quality time story… she’s gotta hit the quota of stories of her sponsored trip 🙄 couldn’t possibly just take hubs away out of her own pocket. I bet we’ll be hearing all about how much ‘adult time’ they had on next weeks podcast episode

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Is the coffin in her stories his!?

I feel this is a dumb question. But it literally shocked me.
Sure is! It’s called a cold cot.
apparently it perseveres the body for the final few days before the funeral, and gives parents extra time with their baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Sure is! It’s called a cold cot.
apparently it perseveres the body for the final few days before the funeral, and gives parents extra time with their baby.
Thanks for that, I had no idea.

Love to anyone who has had to go through this. Just heartbreaking 💕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I was shocked at the cold cot too. Amazing idea, for me a bit too personal for socials on many levels.

Reactions: 17
I think it's important to remember that everyone deals with grief differently and seeing people judge or try to police how you're coping is unfair and honestly just the worst.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
I think it's important to remember that everyone deals with grief differently and seeing people judge or try to police how you're coping is unfair and honestly just the worst.
absolutely…. I really hope she has good supports in place… my heart is just breaking for them 😥

Reactions: 11
As much as I love them.. now that they’ve got a new production team I can foresee Lucy and Nikki releasing a podcast this year that ends up getting them cancelled. Like they’ll make a comment that slips through that is super offensive without them realising.
My 2024 prediction lol

Reactions: 8
Just saw in the previous thread someone asking about Sophie Coote from SIR and her husband - they have split. He cheated.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
How does one even think to create TikTok’s when going through that though 😵💫😵💫😵💫 would be the extreme last thing on my mind
As someone whose heard a lot of grief stories (I’m a nurse) people really deal with their own grief uniquely. In her case she wants to stay connected with others as a distraction to very intrusive thoughts. The thought of being alone, replaying the whole scenario is torture in itself. I do hope she is surrounded by love and support.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Do we think Nikki Styling You is on ozempic her weight loss looks quite terrible it didn’t even click that she would be on ozempic as I thought oh crap she looks sick.

counting down the minutes for a post about lots of walking like Chrissy Swan 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How does one even think to create TikTok’s when going through that though 😵💫😵💫😵💫 would be the extreme last thing on my mind
I think it's one of those experiences that you think you'd behave one way before you go through it, but when you actually go through it you behave totally differently and unexpectedly.

I don't think she's doing anything wrong. We don't handle death well as a culture. Her content could help one less grieving parent feel less alone, inspire one person to become a grief counselor, or encourage donations to SIDS or Bears of Hope. I'm sure that isn't her intention but she's not doing anything bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think it's one of those experiences that you think you'd behave one way before you go through it, but when you actually go through it you behave totally differently and unexpectedly.

I don't think she's doing anything wrong. We don't handle death well as a culture. Her content could help one less grieving parent feel less alone, inspire one person to become a grief counselor, or encourage donations to SIDS or Bears of Hope. I'm sure that isn't her intention but she's not doing anything bad.
As someone privy to someone who went through similar, they were online a lot initially to find connection, to process, to distract.
The brain goes through such a shock process it takes a long time to come to terms with the new reality.
I think the hardest part is usually 3-5 months post, once the funeral is finished and people resume their lives - all the milestones start coming through. I hope she has good support.
Completely agree - we do death and grief so appallingly in our culture. It’s hidden away and sanitised from us so much yet most, if not all (if we’re lucky to live long enough) will lose people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Do we think Nikki Styling You is on ozempic her weight loss looks quite terrible it didn’t even click that she would be on ozempic as I thought oh crap she looks sick.

counting down the minutes for a post about lots of walking like Chrissy Swan 🙄😂
Yes! For a woman of her age that amount of weight loss does not come from walking. Her and Stace McGregs have both lost a lot of weight. Staces' may be from diet and exercise though. Nikki does yoga and walks once a week. That isn't shifting 10-15kg in your mid 50's

Reactions: 11
Yes! For a woman of her age that amount of weight loss does not come from walking. Her and Stace McGregs have both lost a lot of weight. Staces' may be from diet and exercise though. Nikki does yoga and walks once a week. That isn't shifting 10-15kg in your mid 50's
Stacey is from the stress of her break up

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.