Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jumble

Nah I’m not here for criticising her. I felt every second of that cry for help. I also have pmdd and when I tell you all to please be more understanding.. it’s fucking hard. I knew she had pmdd before she even said it, I could feel it with every fibre of my body. That’s real. It’s just a ball of fucking anger and rage inside your body and unfortunately the people who are closest to you cop it, and that’s your kids a lot of the time.
It’s real, guys. It’s not just pms. We have dark dark thoughts. She needs more support.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

savefloss

VIP Member
Lauren Dubois is such a virtue signalling attention seeker. She acts as though sending a few DM’s has helped the cause. She only claimed her supposed indigenous heritage when it was trending and I have never seen her actively do anything for the indigenous community. If she truly cares so much, I’d like to see her take some actual, meaningful, physical action. Go mentor some young First Nations people at the ACT universities, promote the Indigenous Literacy Foundation on your platform, donate food and supplies to a remote community. I could list hundreds of other options she’s never bothered with. I find her to be so fake and shallow in all her commentary on this

• Heart

Emilyemily99

Was she? Because she posted messages she got from people asking why she hadn’t said anything about it defending it saying how she’s not going to speak about something just because someone passively aggressively asks her to. It very much looked to me like she didn’t start talking about it until it was getting mass attention.
---
I just went and checked her highlights and her earliest Palestine story is Oct 17 so not as long as I thought but 10 days is still a while and hasn’t changed my mind that she only started talking about it because every else was/the pressure was on/she saw how much attention it was getting. People don’t have to agree but I don’t think she’s genuine, I think she fixates on topics she knows other people care about
I’m going to disagree on this one. She was heavily focussed on the referendum before this and was really working hard to educate and sway voters in the months leading up to that. Doing waaaay more than most influencers who kept absolutely silent until referendum day before they posted a smug ‘Yes’ pic to their stories or remained silent.

The renewed conflict in Gaza started on the 7th with the Hamas invasion and Israel declaring a state of war immediately before issuing the evacuation warning on the 14th and ramping up air strikes on the 17th. The whole situation is abhorrent, with acts of terrorism and war crimes being committed on both sides.

LDB just is not the kind of person to stay quiet on matters she considers unjust and her timing is appropriate. At least her focus is mainly consistent and she’s not bending to pressure from brands or other influencers and media folks to pipe down.

• Heart
So a certain IG influenza, *cough* @mumma_to_glamma *cough* known for her be you, body “confidence”, size 14-16 fashion inspo comes into my local pharmacy to buy the one and only weight loss craze drug…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
No we can’t, I personally love her.

The fact she will hear out different opinions in her DM’s instead of straight up blocking people like the precious, uneducated Kearns Bogan Kunts has me supporting her any day of the week.
But I can see others point of view on her, but I don’t hate her like some do. Emmylou yes, hate that oxygen thief with a passion. Dumb as a box of bricks and not even capable of an original thought unless it’s about food.
I get why people don’t like her, but I don’t have an issue with her. She had an educated opinion and she backed it up with facts and evidence to hopefully sway people to that side, while also amplifying Indigenous voices. There’s nothing wrong with that. It was something she was genuinely passionate about and she 100% will have lost followers over it.

The government did a horrendous job on the referendum, so I’m glad there were people trying to inform (on BOTH sides). You don’t have to agree with her, it’s her page and her opinion. If it was ill informed then yeah, I’d snark on that, but it wasn’t. Obviously some people had an issue with the delivery, and that’s fine and they’re entitled to their opinion too.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

FrontYardFitness

I was told by a very reliable source that her birth name is “Jade” but in her teens (whenever she first gained a following, I actually think this was through Tumblr!) that she added the è and told everyone around her to start calling her “jarday”.
Sounds like Chris Lilley's character Jamie who insists her name is Ja'mie. 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 31

santababy

Chatty Member
Nothing inappropriate?? How many times have we seen that child naked or in unsafe situations? I don’t think it’s necessarily creepy if people are discussing her in general (would weird me the eff out if it was my kids, but whatever). It is creepy af for people to have a whole ass group chat dedicated to discussing her and sharing photos.
This is the original post that set it off

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

justjumpingonhere

Chatty Member
Yes I’ve said it before and will say it again. She was a part of the SMILF gang up. I know SMILF was out of line at times, but when she challenged the Kearns and called them out, Lauren was the first to send flowers in support of the Kearns and publicly bashed SMILF. Now where is that friendship.
No it was Anna Not so perfect mum that sent flowers to the Kearns. Not Lauren! I was heavily invested in that saga.
---
Someone I know is a fellow school mum and all the school mums were talking about her and being pissed that she complains about them and being judged etc. so she’s probably being judgemental and thinking they are judging her but it was actually in reverse.
Close to outing myself here but I am a fellow school mum myself. Everyone I know really likes her. She’s quiet but really lovely to everyone. Even my kids like her because she’s “that mum that does the Mother’s Day/Father’s Day stalls” and she’s nice to all the kids.
So don’t know who your friend is but it sounds fake to me.

Last edited:
  • Heart

notgifted

VIP Member
I think we can all agree LDB is super condescending
No we can’t, I personally love her.

The fact she will hear out different opinions in her DM’s instead of straight up blocking people like the precious, uneducated Kearns Bogan Kunts has me supporting her any day of the week.
But I can see others point of view on her, but I don’t hate her like some do. Emmylou yes, hate that oxygen thief with a passion. Dumb as a box of bricks and not even capable of an original thought unless it’s about food.

Those pics of Sonia K have me curious, I had no idea she was 58, if she is having another child I think that’s amazing, scary too, I have 2 kids, I’m an older Mum, but 58 is scary.

• Heart

treasurecat22

Her comments on the vote are correct. Don’t know her history- know nothing about her. Cant drag history into her comments on the here and now. If that makes you feel better about voting no, then suck it up and bathe in it cos you need to
LDB is stating facts. Time and time again we see the areas of marginalised or lower socio economic groups voting for right wing policies. For gods sakes, the trump vote is reliant on the poors of America. The fact that the largest concentration of political parties have voted pro vote says it all. Add in the vote from remote NT- it’s all yes. Democracy is great except it relies on ppl being able to educate themselves properly and sadly this doesn’t happen. Any policy that prevents education is a policy that is hoping to progress right wing policy, end of
😂 I voted NO! Why? Because the First Nations who I know & love don’t want it. I done my research. Oh by the way I don’t live in a low socioeconomic area, oh & I have a uni degree 😄

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28

marthamartyr

Lol at Tim Robards posting a video of him in pain to justify why he was so shit at the physical challenges on SAS Australia. If you were in chronic pain for years to this extent why would you go on a reality show full of gruelling physical and psychological challenges. Think you’ve just been exposed as full of s*#* mate!

• Haha
  • Sick

Hereforthelellls

VIP Member
I mean…it is irresponsible? A baby isn’t the only thing you get from unprotected sex 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sometimes I think I must be a prude and then I see someone say it like it is. Accidents absolutely happen and I’m glad emergency contraceptives are super easy to get, but goodness me have people forgotten about STDs ? HPV is bloody serious as we well understand now!

fakeymcfake

VIP Member
The French Folk is the worst for over sharing and exploiting her children for content. I remember when she was sharing every detail about her middle daughters diabetes diagnoses and a doctor messaged her to ask why she feels the need to share so much about her daughters private medical history on social media and how it’s illegal in her home country France and she posted the message defending it and slamming the doctor. She’s clearly learnt nothing. If my baby was having a medical emergency like that the last thing I’d be doing is thinking to document it for my gram

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

StickyTapeTits

VIP Member
Lmfao what? You’re not seriously trying to compare comments. I would absolutely shame someone again for taking their kids to school with their saggy boobs hanging down to their knees and their buttons undone 😂 It’s not appropriate but in no way did I call her a whore for it or even insinuate that.

Someone wearing a bikini on a boat and their nipple slipping out is not the same and it shouldn’t have even been published let alone her be named called for it.

Sorry your brain doesn’t work x
Okay, so now would be a really good time to take a breath, and mention that her name is Starlette, which apart from being a God awful name for a human, is obviously where the “harlette” thing has come from, with intended wrong spelling and with no real intention of slut-shaming. It’s just a play on words on a dedicated snark forum, so can you guys just hug it out pretty please?

beigebabe

VIP Member
I have crossed paths with Lauren Dubois many times throughout my earlier career while working at a rival network. She is a rude, self righteous woman who firmly believes her opinion is the only opinion worth listening to, she is arrogant and extremely patronising.
I understand she has indigenous heritage but it doesn’t make her spokesperson for all indigenous or mean that her reasons for voting a certain way are the only reason and 100% of the population should agree with her and vote according. I have a cousin who is married to an Aboriginal, she does not share the same opinions as Lauren and her (my cousins wife) parents don’t share the same opinions as she (my cousins wife) does, they all wanted different outcomes on Saturday, but they have the respect to accept the outcome and move forward.
Anyway, I don’t like talking politics, not sure what I hope to achieve from this post but while I respect Lauren’s opinions some of the time, her delivery needs work and the chip on her shoulder addressing because she is very clever.

• Heart