Australian Influencers #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There must be some rule around having to disclose at some point rather than having to disclose at the start of the sponsored posts because it happens all the time - notsomumsy does it constantly. I read somewhere that Ad Standards can’t do anything about stories anyway because by the time you submit a complaint and they get around to looking at it, the story is gone 🙄 it’s a joke
Yes there is a law they’re mean to post ad at the beginning and apparently nowadays #gifted doesn’t cover it. They’re meant to put Ad and also disclose this stuff on their tax return! As if anyone will!

Reactions: 3
Lol but they didn't fly Economy when her and Tim did their Euro anniversary trip. Poor Elle had to slum in Economy though
There is pretty limited business class flights to Bali especially from Sydney. Most are on the small neo planes.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what the rules are around gifted hotel stays? Why is it that the influencer can post stories over multiple days at a hotel but only tag them in teeny tiny font on the last day that it was a #giftedstay?
Georgia Love has just done this over the whole weekend, Amy Gerard has as well. It’s so blatantly obvious you’re not paying for hotel stays so why not be honest about it the WHOLE time instead of the last post you do
Yeah and Lockie Gilbert or whatever his name is. Was so obvious their honeymoon was paid for but no ad acknowledgement

Reactions: 3
Just off the top of my head I can think of Yarli creative GFM scam, little lulu love questionable use of GFM $, now these two. I would never donate to an influencer tbh. I give to selected GFMs, I don’t have a problem with crowdfunding in certain scenarios though I think a fair chunk are ridiculous. But influencers have such a dodgy track record it would have to be one I know personally/could verify the story was true before I gave away my $$.
Ohhh what was the Yarli Creative scam?

Reactions: 2
I reckon Meshel Laurie has some serious tea about the old radio bro’s!

Some of the stuff she has said lately has been pretty unhinged but I’d say she is spot on about the misogyny among that industry / era. She doesn’t follow Tim Blackwell anymore.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Late to the commentary about the Yumi Stynes book, but can we just thank the Dolly Doctor column and sealed sections in Dolly and Girlfriend for my knowledge of sex as a teen in the 90s

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I like Lauren Curtis but oh my God, another chronicle of her hair journey is here. I have never come across anyone who carries on about their hair as much as she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Looks like Charli & Cullen have split!
She’s struggling to hold her tit together.
interesting she jumped on and dropped a bunch of hints while nearly crying on camera, only to then say they haven’t set boundaries on what they’re sharing etc? why are you saying anything at all then 🙃 wonder what ad she’ll be flogging tomorrow with the boost in engagement after today’s sob stories 🙄

Reactions: 16
It’s so sad. I do feel for her. It was a really compelling and hopeful story. I do find it worrying she was doing her own IVs and spreading some unhelpful messaging about sugar and cancer.

I find generally the coverage about her story misleading… same with Kellie Finlayson - not saying the women themselves reported so, but we sure love a miracle story - the media loves a catchy headline. I don’t know why it has been put out there that people can necessarily be cured of stage 4 cancer. Advances in treatment have come a long way and younger people tend to have much better outcomes… but I think there hasn’t been any room to talk about what happens further down the track.
What a sad story. Her friends have launched a GFM type thing for her today, but they say essentially that her cancer was caused by grief from her marriage break up she stored in her lungs, then it spread 🤔. It’s a bit wakadoodle and also way to blame the ex.

It’s very sad and she seems to have a wonderful mindset. I wonder sometimes about raising money for treatment for cancers that are almost unanimously considered noncurable. I know there are situations where the doctors get it wrong, but not too often. I guess as long as people are across the full story then it’s their money to part with.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Another whinge, but iryna (fromgreatbeginnings) and having to share her child's every thought but blurring his face out 🙄 just stop showing him, it's not that hard to figure out what he would look like based on constantly resharing face pics from a year ago.

Reactions: 14
Another whinge, but iryna (fromgreatbeginnings) and having to share her child's every thought but blurring his face out 🙄 just stop showing him, it's not that hard to figure out what he would look like based on constantly resharing face pics from a year ago.
I find her so cringe!! Did anyone else see the speech thing she did on the weekend? The hair and outfit was just so tacky!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.