Astroworld Festival and Travis Scott

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That latest lawsuit really points the blame at Apple and the livestream. Good, they've been flying under the radar and it really does seem very possible that the stream was a huge contribution to how it was arranged and how it continued.

The underlying lawsuit alleges Apple’s multimillion dollar purchase, promotion and implementation of its exclusive online streaming rights played a critical role in the crowd-control disaster.

“Early reports from the investigation of the Astroworld catastrophe indicate that the premises were arranged in a fashion that best served Apple’s online streaming of the concert at the detriment to concertgoer safety,” the lawsuit states.

“Apple Music had cameras, camera stands, cameramen, and metal barriers surrounding each; these cameras effectively split the premises both horizontally and vertically by the metal barricades,” the paperwork claims. “The placement of cameras streaming for Apple Music’s broadcast effectively limited many concertgoers’ means of exit; this dangerous condition would inevitably prevent individuals from dispersing.”
this is just them trying their best to shift the blame, even if it was created to best serve apple, apple didn't create the barriers and bolt them so far down into the ground Travis's team did. nice try astro world but anyone with sense can see that this is just a lame attempt to blame apple

Reactions: 5
Yep they’ve paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in lawsuits due to people that have died or got injured at their shows. They’ve been connected to 200 deaths and 750 injuries at their concerts over the past 15 years.

They organised the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester that had a terrorist attack and the Las Vegas festival shooting (they were sued for the latter for not providing enough exits and having staff inadequately trained for emergencies).

You’d think they’d have the best security and safety plans going by now but they seem to continue to cut corners & keep their monopoly on the market regardless.
I had no idea they were a big company. A child I know was at the Ariana Grande concert, no physical injuries but still has ptsd. I wonder how many from astroworld are going to have ptsd too

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had no idea they were a big company. A child I know was at the Ariana Grande concert, no physical injuries but still has ptsd. I wonder how many from astroworld are going to have ptsd too
until reading here neither did I, for so many issues I had assume it was a recently launched company with no experience. I feel sorry for the person you know, I imagine there will be loads from Astroworld, children and adults

Reactions: 1

Yel

anyone with sense can see that this is just a lame attempt to blame apple
Well we're all allowed our own opinions. I'd say anyone with sense wouldn't judge something without being aware of all the details.

Sure it might be claims with no basis. But in that case apple can easily show they have no responsibility and them keeping the stream running didn't contribute to the show keeping going. I'm not going to loose sleep over another big company being challenged, even if it's false might help the investigation to get to the truth.

Reactions: 4
Yes - I think the best outcome from this (other than the victims families and all the other people who continue to suffer from the events of that night getting the compensation they deserve) - is that this kind of thing never happens again. Apple did nothing to prevent it, in fact they live streamed the whole thing even as it must have been clear that something terrible was happening. I don't think they're being sued in an effort to 'shift the blame', (I don't even think it will be Astroworld's decision to sue them), but at the very least they should have better guidelines for if and when something like this happens, rather than putting profit above human life.

Reactions: 7
Really pleased that the grieving families are refusing to be paid off - because that's what it is, let's be real.

I did not find Travis Scott remotely genuine in his apology video. It came across as very much acting. I imagine he will on some level feel guilt and distress but everything at the moment is about trying to save his own arse from what I can tell.

Reactions: 11
Well we're all allowed our own opinions. I'd say anyone with sense wouldn't judge something without being aware of all the details.

Sure it might be claims with no basis. But in that case apple can easily show they have no responsibility and them keeping the stream running didn't contribute to the show keeping going. I'm not going to loose sleep over another big company being challenged, even if it's false might help the investigation to get to the truth.
I wasn't coming for you I was just speaking generally of course everyone is allowed an opinion I just feel that it was a poor attempt of them trying to shift the blame

Really pleased that the grieving families are refusing to be paid off - because that's what it is, let's be real.

I did not find Travis Scott remotely genuine in his apology video. It came across as very much acting. I imagine he will on some level feel guilt and distress but everything at the moment is about trying to save his own arse from what I can tell.
I agree I honestly don't think he cares

Yes - I think the best outcome from this (other than the victims families and all the other people who continue to suffer from the events of that night getting the compensation they deserve) - is that this kind of thing never happens again. Apple did nothing to prevent it, in fact they live streamed the whole thing even as it must have been clear that something terrible was happening. I don't think they're being sued in an effort to 'shift the blame', (I don't even think it will be Astroworld's decision to sue them), but at the very least they should have better guidelines for if and when something like this happens, rather than putting profit above human life.
but apple isn't in charge of security and safety.. it's like hiring a wedding photographer and then blaming them for overcrowding in the venue, that doesn't even make sense. I feel that travis and the company who sold the tickets are solely to blame, maybe also the security company because they ignored peoples cry for help

but apple isn't in charge of security and safety.. it's like hiring a wedding photographer and then blaming them for overcrowding in the venue, that doesn't even make sense.
I get what you're saying but the way the concert was laid out (as Yel quoted above) was specifically for their live stream, and contributed to what happened.

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 17.04.08.png

I get what you're saying but the way the concert was laid out (as Yel quoted above) was specifically for their live stream, and contributed to what happened.

View attachment 901438
again, apple didn't choose the layout - it benefited them yes but they did not design it, although it best served apple apple didn't ask for the barriers to be bolted into the ground if that makes sense? unless apple actually designed the layout and requested those barriers then I don't see how they're too blame even if it didn't benefit their camera people

Does anyone else think it's weird how strong the barriers were. They never tell down.

There an oasis gig and the barrier breaks when there is a crowd surge.

Why were the astroworld barriers so strong, how were they fixed in by concrete.

Does anyone else think it's weird how strong the barriers were. They never tell down.

There an oasis gig and the barrier breaks when there is a crowd surge.

Why were the astroworld barriers so strong, how were they fixed in by concrete.
yes one of the survivors said it was such a strong barrier that she and five other people couldn't even push it and trying to left her lungs severely bruised

yes one of the survivors said it was such a strong barrier that she and five other people couldn't even push it and trying to left her lungs severely bruised
It's just another little factor that makes it seem like someone set it up for this to happen. Not only was the health and safety non existent, they did things that made a crowd crush much more likely and sever.

On an emotional level, I just can't believe that they broadcast that, live. We seem to have become used to snuff movies in the news. Was there ever any discussion in Apple's live control room (or whatever) about what was going on? It would be good to know.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
On an emotional level, I just can't believe that they broadcast that, live. We seem to have become used to snuff movies in the news. Was there ever any discussion in Apple's live control room (or whatever) about what was going on? It would be good to know.
It would be the responsibility of the event managers to relay any concerns and keep apple and others updated on operational issues. Transcripts of these conversations will be essential. Did apple ask these questions? What was the answer?

I’ve worked in entertainment arenas and the control room has all been one so all agencies including the emergency services are all together as well.

It would be the responsibility of the event managers to relay any concerns and keep apple and others updated on operational issues. Transcripts of these conversations will be essential. Did apple ask these questions? What was the answer?

I’ve worked in entertainment arenas and the control room has all been one so all agencies including the emergency services are all together as well.
exactly, Travis's team fucked up if they didn't relay the concerns

Reactions: 4
exactly, Travis's team fucked up if they didn't relay the concerns
I think there are just SO many examples of bands stopping shows when they realise something is wrong, and even where there were deaths/injuries the way it was dealt with is just so different from Astroworld, it is not as if they are dealing with something totally unprecedented, ridiculous how they are getting it so wrong

I heard Drake withdrew all his Grammy nominations, I'm guessing it's brcause of this incident

&Travis wants the lawsuit to be dismissed. TRASH!