Ashley Cain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say I thought he was a knob on ex on the beach, but since his daughter was born and diagnosed with leukaemia he seems to have grown up so much. His daughter is adorable and I really hope her treatment is successful, I saw that their go fund me has reached its target already šŸ™ŒšŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I have never watched the show he was on but from what I see on his Instagram from the past few months I think he is absolutely incredible and inspiring, Saffiya too. I pray to god they get the treatment for that beautiful baby and she lives a long healthy life. Sometimes the internet can be an amazing place and he has used it for something so pure and good.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I have to say I thought he was a knob on ex on the beach, but since his daughter was born and diagnosed with leukaemia he seems to have grown up so much. His daughter is adorable and I really hope her treatment is successful, I saw that their go fund me has reached its target already šŸ™ŒšŸ»
I actually liked him on ex on the beach (I may be the only one right enoughšŸ˜‚), you can see how much he adores that sweet little girl. The go fund me is doing incredibly well so fingers crossed all goes to plan šŸ¤žšŸ½

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Iā€™ve never watched ex on the beach apart from the first series and only one episode so I didnā€™t know who he was. But been following their posts for a while. Their little girl is sooo adorable and she Breaks my heart. So glad they have reached their amount and can now go to Singapore I hope it all goes ok. Even through it all she is still smiling šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ breaks my heart how such a tiny little human being has been through so much already.

Reactions: 16
I had heard about this wee ones brave battle and was shocked to find out who her dad is! A boy about town who grew up like most do and became an amazing father. Really hoping for a positive outcome ā¤ He seems so lovely and she is such a warrior šŸ„°

• Heart
Reactions: 21

He was a complete bellend on Ex On The Beach but has clearly grown up especially since becoming a dad. It's incredible the support for his beautiful daughter. It is so sad what she's going through and her family.

Reactions: 9
I'm pleased that they can get treatment for their daughter, but it does frustrate me slightly that these 'celebs' can raise Ā£1million in hours because they are 'famous' when there's thousands of children in similar positions without the luxury of Insta parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 127
I'm pleased that they can get treatment for their daughter, but it does frustrate me slightly that these 'celebs' can raise Ā£1million in hours because they are 'famous' when there's thousands of children in similar positions without the luxury of Insta parents.
I get were you are coming from but find it odd that people have an issue with how much money they have raised because they are ā€œcelebsā€ (hardly). No one forced anyone to donate. You can go on go fund me and search ā€œcancer treatmentā€ or what ever you prefer to spend your money on and donate to them. I donā€™t mean that to sound snide I just donā€™t know how to write differently šŸ’œ I usually donate to animals needing surgery. Iā€™m hoping Ashley and his girlfriend share other peopleā€™s go funds me to help raise awareness and maybe donate any money they have over their target to less fortunate families.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
I get were you are coming from but find it odd that people have an issue with how much money they have raised because they are ā€œcelebsā€ (hardly). No one forced anyone to donate. You can go on go fund me and search ā€œcancer treatmentā€ or what ever you prefer to spend your money on and donate to them. I donā€™t mean that to sound snide I just donā€™t know how to write differently šŸ’œ I usually donate to animals needing surgery. Iā€™m hoping Ashley and his girlfriend share other peopleā€™s go funds me to help raise awareness and maybe donate any money they have over their target to less fortunate families.
I agree, no one forced anyone to donate, but they are in the public eye, with famous people clambering over themselves to donate (or being slagged off on here for not donating). These 'celebs' could donate to another cause as well/instead.

ETA; I think my 'issue' is that it feels like there's some self promotion going on.

Reactions: 27
I see what you mean in some ways, however, I find that sometimes certain cases like this blow up piblically more than others do even if their parents aren't celebs... I hope that makes sense. It's similar to missing people in some ways I guess, sometimes certain missing people cases are all over the news and social media for weeks on end, yet similar cases don't even make local news never mindending national news.

And to be fair they have stated that anything over what they need will be used to help families in similar situations. Also months back he did say that once their battle is over he will be doing loads of fund raising for such causes.

Reactions: 9
I agree, no one forced anyone to donate, but they are in the public eye, with famous people clambering over themselves to donate (or being slagged off on here for not donating). These 'celebs' could donate to another cause as well/instead.

ETA; I think my 'issue' is that it feels like there's some self promotion going on.
Donations should be private as the news articles are now about which celebs have donated instead of the reason why they are donating!! They all have huge platforms and it would be nice to see them use it to support go fund me pages etc but we both know they donā€™t do anything without wanting recognition or paid for it šŸ˜©

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Donations should be private as the news articles are now about which celebs have donated instead of the reason why they are donating!! They all have huge platforms and it would be nice to see them use it to support go fund me pages etc but we both know they donā€™t do anything without wanting recognition or paid for it šŸ˜©
Exactly!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m happy the baby gal got the money for operations but Iā€™m sorry I thought this guy was worth millions , couldnā€™t he easily funded the deposit and then crowdfunded the rest ? Maybe he isnā€™t as rich as he pretended to be .
Hopefully the little girl will get beat treatment there is , mind blowing it costs 1 million to save someoneā€™s life šŸ˜­

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
[
I was just typing and then it said new messages.

if the donations site didnā€™t give a name do you think any of the z listers would do it when they only really want the clout?

I feel that people who publicise their charity are on a ego boost and want to receive praise

glad his child can get the treatment but there are so many children who will never get the luxury of this platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Iā€™m so happy that she will be able to get the treatment that she needs, but you canā€™t help feel sad for all the parents who donā€™t have a platform to raise that amount of money and so fast šŸ˜” Itā€™s just sad all round that any child has to go through all this. Itā€™s heartbreaking.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
[

I was just typing and then it said new messages.

if the donations site didnā€™t give a name do you think any of the z listers would do it when they only really want the clout?

I feel that people who publicise their charity are on a ego boost and want to receive praise

glad his child can get the treatment but there are so many children who will never get the luxury of this platform.
No they wouldn't, and this is the exact reason i have an issue with it. All self promotion.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I only know of him as he lives near my best friend actually and drives some bright green super sports car, sheā€™s not a huge fan!
This was before he had his daughter though, they really have smashed their goals? That poor sweet girl.

Reactions: 5
The annoying one is the owner of PLT giving 20 thousand pounds. That's amazing publicity for PLT. Cheap advertising for him when the press make it known as they have and people flock to PLT to buy from him. He's a billionaire so could have paid the full million in private without anyone knowing (how George Michael for example used to donate his cash) and he wouldn't have missed the money. Now sales will probably go up of the cheap tat he sells that's unsustainable and bad for the planet.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Youā€™d do anything for your kids. But as others have said the life he portrays on Instagram - the cars, clothes, business ventures are all a sham. His car collection is meant to be close to a million pound. šŸ™„

Glad theyā€™ll be able to get the treatment for their little girl.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
[
The annoying one is the owner of PLT giving 20 thousand pounds. That's amazing publicity for PLT. Cheap advertising for him when the press make it known as they have and people flock to PLT to buy from him. He's a billionaire so could have paid the full million in private without anyone knowing (how George Michael for example used to donate his cash) and he wouldn't have missed the money. Now sales will probably go up of the cheap tat he sells that's unsustainable and bad for the planet.
I think he did that to top the IN THE STYLE owner Adam or something as he did Ā£10k and was the top donator

Youā€™d do anything for your kids. But as others have said the life he portrays on Instagram - the cars, clothes, business ventures are all a sham. His car collection is meant to be close to a million pound. šŸ™„

Glad theyā€™ll be able to get the treatment for their little girl.
I donā€™t follow him but as a footballer ever LI, we know how much These people get paid for posts etc... the average person giving 10Ā£ is more than the national hourly wage ...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.