Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbletea123

VIP Member
Fair enough but this was planned down to the t wasn’t it. She created letters from hmrc etc. It takes a stable mind to put the work in there hence why she was sent to prison not secure hospital. I think Natasha initially forgave her but she did something again so she had to drop her. Asha never mentioned mh issues before she got caught either.
Asha is a sociopath.

Reactions: 7

erin182

VIP Member
I’m sorry but I just don’t have any sympathy for her. She’s vile and calculated and I believe she knew exactly what she was doing. So happy she got 4 years in prison.

Reactions: 6

Tinks77

I missed most of this whole story. I just saw the aftermath of other bloggers all saying how shocked they were etc.

What did actually happen?
She duped and conned her friends and family and left her grandparents stranded abroad and penniless, those poor people have nothing left to enjoy their retirement, are I’m sure are left feeling betrayed and heartbroken

• Wow

Crbif

Someone who way truly suffering from poor mental health would of slipped up, you had to of been very much in a good mental place to keep such a massive lie to yourself for such a period of time.

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
It’s so difficult with mental health though, I’ve personally really suffered and others have not been aware (suicidal) so I tend to err on the side of caution.
Oh I totally agree and I’m sorry that you’ve been through that. I just think it’s easy for someone like Asha to jump on it and use it as an excuse for shitty behaviour. Just like cancer, it immediately elicits a sympathetic response which I don’t think she deserved. And again, just like cancer, it makes a mockery of someone who’s really suffering.

So are we saying that mentally ill people cannot have friends? Cannot have support? Surely this is the complete opposite of what Natasha was campaigning for. Maybe it’s only the white middle classes with anxiety as their mental health issue who gets the support. I am not condoning what Asha has done at all, in fact I think it’s despicable, however, it would be a different story if it was white middle class woman with post natal depression swindles life savings from her granny by faking cancer, in fact there would be support. People would be saying how that woman had been failed by the system, how there was not enough support. Asha has been completely failed by the system, she had a shitty upbringing. No excuse for it at all but there is no doubt she’s been failed.

Reactions: 5

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I would think it’s easier to fake cancer than you might imagine. Even if you have suspicions, you wouldn’t really want to question someone who’s told you they have cancer, would you? He might not have understood the in and outs of it unless he already knew someone who’d been through it. But who knows what she was telling him?

Last edited:

Bellabob

Asha is back on Insta and not only that is starting her own Podcast! Can you believe the gall of this woman?!

• Wow
Do we think the boyfriend knew? Must admit I can see how people fell for it she was so likeable she came across such a laugh I watched a good few lives of hers thinking back it's creepy the level of lying. Just thinking he was in the background whilst she discussed her "cancer" did he never attend appointments? Wonder why no paperwork or drugs in the house? Where her never ending money was coming from? I remember the effort people were going to for her the money they must of spent she was befriending insta mums and their children too which is just scary. I know I keep repeating myself but I just can't get over how someone with an account as big as hers and her links to bigger names like channel mum Caroline Hirons etc how it was all swept away fairly easily with the deletion of her account! I never followed the new one but heard from others she was blaming everyone else. Mostly it brings home you really can be anything you want to be online and people can and will believe you, they'll let you into their homes near their kids, raise money, give gifts, time, friendship how scary! Still can't believe people would blame the people around her for acting like they did I'd of run for the hills too

Acorncollecter

VIP Member
I feel sorry for her young son and hope he's doing okay. Also she was telling us he had autism and now I wonder if that was true. 😕

Reactions: 4
Yep I'm just trying to understand because I know if my partner had cancer I'd be there every step of the way and at every appointment wild horses wouldn't stop me whatever they said. Did he work again if your partner is going through cancer you/family would be rallying for her throughout the day and the care of the toddler? It's hard to believe questions and suspiciousions weren't raised sooner. especially with the losing of hair and wasn't it a terminal diagnosis?

Beepbeepfiat500

VIP Member
Not true. She was jailed for the theft of £130K from her Grandparents.

Yeah that’s her. Why the fuck is Natasha Baillie following her?!!!! Honest to Jesus. Haven’t they been through enough together for Natasha to see through her?!!!
To be honest I think Natasha enjoys the drama

• Angry

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
I’m sure she spoke bad about her mum on Instagram.
Yeah in fairly sure she did too?

I followed her for quite a while before and after the fake cancer debacle.
On one hand I admired how she had the bare brass balls to show her face and admit what she had done. I mean, we've all done regrettable things. Not stealing from our grandparents and faking cancer however.

On the other, however....she constantly absolved herself of all responsibility putting it down to mental illness. Mental illness my arse. Personality disorder, more like. She clearly had an evolving addiction to diazepam which she seemed to be on long term.
She was sooooo manipulative, befriending vulnerable but popular instagrammers, buying them presents, going out of her way for them and I must admit I felt sorry for her and how she'd fucked her life up.
When I read the full details of the trial and what she'd actually done to her poor grandparents it took a while to sink in. Truly cruel and a prolonged deception.
She may well be mentally ill but that's not to say shes also a terrible person.
I'm sure personality disorder is a mental health condition.

That aside, I don't like how she's used something (mental health) as excuse for her behaviour with the expectation that all is forgiven because it was something she couldn't control.

To me, you still have an element of responsibility with your behaviour. It seems to me she's treating as a pass to do what she likes as she has a mental health problem which equates to no responsibility as people don't/won't question it for fear of worsening a condition.

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
She’s done her time, you can tell she was majorly unwell mentally (think she has BPD and bipolar). She wasn’t even convicted for the cancer thing it was from when she was 18 to do with her grandparents.
Not true. She was jailed for the theft of £130K from her Grandparents.

Just checked and she’s changed her handle again, she’s now ajl96_ and removed the podcast handle from her bio! Must have literally changed it in the last couple of hours as it was still ajlyndsay this morning
Yeah that’s her. Why the fuck is Natasha Baillie following her?!!!! Honest to Jesus. Haven’t they been through enough together for Natasha to see through her?!!!

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Yeah, there’s being a compulsive liar (a recognised mental condition, according to her ‘apology’) and then there’s conning your grandparents out of £130k. I think she actually came on the MN threads at one point too. She’s got some front, I’ll give her that. I think the MN threads were too busy condemning her friend, Natasha Baillie (?), who’d been Bff’s with her, but then dropped her like a stone once she found out about the lies (can’t blame her for that, tbh). Out of the two, I think Asha was by far the worst.
Talking about mental health on Mumsnet is a strange thing. Some posters will excuse any behaviour if someone claims to mentally ill.

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Yeah, there’s being a compulsive liar (a recognised mental condition, according to her ‘apology’) and then there’s conning your grandparents out of £130k. I think she actually came on the MN threads at one point too. She’s got some front, I’ll give her that. I think the MN threads were too busy condemning her friend, Natasha Baillie (?), who’d been Bff’s with her, but then dropped her like a stone once she found out about the lies (can’t blame her for that, tbh). Out of the two, I think Asha was by far the worst.
Talking about mental health on Mumsnet is a strange thing. Some posters will excuse any behaviour if someone claims to mentally ill.
It’s so difficult with mental health though, I’ve personally really suffered and others have not been aware (suicidal) so I tend to err on the side of caution.

InstaLurk

VIP Member
Wow she’s got some fans on here. Wait until the word gets out and everyone and realises she’s still trying to grift on insta and socials rather than trying to keep her head down and do something useful with her life. She had some sort of narcissist complex, she thinks she needs to be heard

Reactions: 3