Are you happy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Getting a mortgage and buying a house isn’t the be all and end all of life. It’s perfectly acceptable to rent your home. You cannot put your entire life on hold for the sake of getting a mortgage. If you and your boyfriend want to live together, build a life together, get married and start a family there is nothing stopping you from doing that. Nothing. You do not have to have a mortgage to do any of those things and you do not have to have a mortgage to be happy or have a good life.
lots of people have wonderful, happy lives living in a rented home. Don’t let your live pass you buy for the sake of a mortgage! Please!
I agree with this - I have rented with my husband for the last 6 years and whilst we are no where near having a deposit for our own house, we have built a lovely life together which is in no way affected because we don’t own our home.

Reactions: 10
I agree with this - I have rented with my husband for the last 6 years and whilst we are no where near having a deposit for our own house, we have built a lovely life together which is in no way affected because we don’t own our home.
I don’t own a house; my husband does and we are each others second marriage. And I still can’t say it’s something I overly care about. Only reason I want a house is to decorate it and not put money into someone else’s. However I’ve had 2 huge weddings and a lot of my friends and family have said what waste, well not waste but an awful lot of money, but in the mean time, they have children. I honestly am happy got my friends but at 39 I do not regret a thing.

Reactions: 6
I am kind of in the opposite situation, I own my home (partly, it is shared ownership but I will hopefully be able to pay it off and have a mortgage on it all) and do love the (relative) security it brings, as well as things people have said like being able to decorate etc. But I am single and if I had the choice I would rather have a partner and rent than a mortgage tbh. Not to mention with the whole cladding issue (which my flat is affected by) and has become a huge expense :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I feel you with this!
I am married to an amazing man with 2 lovely children but at the same time feel like i just want a day of being me - laying on the grass in a pub garden with a guy, a few wines and listening to music.
I love my husband and kids but crave the old me so much just for a day!
Do you have free time for dates like this together?

I am kind of in the opposite situation, I own my home (partly, it is shared ownership but I will hopefully be able to pay it off and have a mortgage on it all) and do love the (relative) security it brings, as well as things people have said like being able to decorate etc. But I am single and if I had the choice I would rather have a partner and rent than a mortgage tbh. Not to mention with the whole cladding issue (which my flat is affected by) and has become a huge expense :rolleyes:
This is interesting I always thought people would rather own a property then rent as like you say it brings more security.

This is interesting I always thought people would rather own a property then rent as like you say it brings more security.
no generally speaking I would rather own, especially in the uk as tenants rights are not protected well, but if it was a choice between this and a relationship I would choose the latter

• Sad
Reactions: 3
no generally speaking I would rather own, especially in the uk as tenants rights are not protected well, but if it was a choice between this and a relationship I would choose the latter
Provided you find the right person. Sometimes you think you have a great relationship and you find that your partner is not so decent.

My step sister in law, only found out her husband was cheating when a mutual friend saw his photo in someone else's house.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I kinda wish I knew how to be. I know I come across as a miserable witch 99% of the time

• Sad
Reactions: 3