Aoife Walsh #2 Stepford life but not a wife, Baby Daddy pays so I’m not in strife

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her dad is an accountant, and he’s a fairly shrewd man 😉
I doubt he’s too pleased with herself practically on the dole at this rate. I can’t think of one other influencer with that low a following who doesn’t work a job! Waiting for freebies to slowly do up the house is the same as a beggar on the street. No shame!

Reactions: 6
I doubt he’s too pleased with herself practically on the dole at this rate. I can’t think of one other influencer with that low a following who doesn’t work a job! Waiting for freebies to slowly do up the house is the same as a beggar on the street. No shame!
It's a strange situation right enough.

Is she too embarrassed to repost her requests for "recommendations"?

Reactions: 2
Where is her house? Is it close to her parents? Did someone have the link to the for sale page & it was in really bad condition? Maybe it turned into a money pit & boring things needed to be fixed first, like roof or leaks etc ?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Where is her house? Is it close to her parents? Did someone have the link to the for sale page & it was in really bad condition? Maybe it turned into a money pit & boring things needed to be fixed first, like roof or leaks etc ?
That’s what I thought…probably a full rewiring or replumbing job…would need a tit load of insulation too I’d imagine. Strange that she did that attic room first…unless she needed storage, probably has the parents house taken over with clothes etc.

I’ve said it before but some refuse to believe it, she is earning in or around €2k per post / advertisement. In the last six weeks she has posted for tan off, tk maxx, Liffey valley, Samsung and Clarins. That’s €10k….or over €86k per annum which is pretty decent income outside of Dublin with no childcare costs….and it doesn’t even include the ones where she’s marked them PR as opposed to AD so probably got paid for those too, nor those that would just have been posted as stories rather than on her grid!! I don’t understand why some continue to think these instragammers are earning nothing! They’re earning a mint for doing SFA!

I know Grace made a big song and dance about getting a mortgage when no one else could. The way I’d look at that is, if Grace could get a mortgage, there’s hope for everyone!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She’s getting at least 2k per post. I don’t know why people find it so difficult to get their heads around the fact that ‘influencing’ is very lucrative. Aoife might not be showcasing a lavish lifestyle anymore, but she’s earning enough to be comfortable and spend time with her daughter…

Reactions: 4
She has to pay tax on all of that. It’s not as flush as you think. Her follower numbers are low and that affects payouts! That’s why most people in her position work a job too. IG is her only social media income, she isn’t on other platforms even.

The whole mortgage debate though is based on fact her income isn’t secure. Banks would run a mile!

It came out after that Grace’s accountant was dodgy.
Yes I know she has to pay tax! I’m well aware and very familiar how banks and mortgages work. Influencers may not have been regarded as secure customers a few years ago but times have changed and they are the most successful form of marketing strategies these days. They are regarded same as any other self employed trader.

Let’s also take it account that the house was around 150 grand. What would be per month? Between 500 and 700 a month depending on the term of the loan. It’s duck all.

It’s also possible if she is earning that much that she saved a massive chunk to put down. She has no major expenses like rent or crèche. I bet she doesn’t even pay bills in her parents house.

Reactions: 7
Let’s also take it account that the house was around 150 grand. What would be per month? Between 500 and 700 a month depending on the term of the loan. It’s duck all.

It’s also possible if she is earning that much that she saved a massive chunk to put down. She has no major expenses like rent or crèche. I bet she doesn’t even pay bills in her parents house.
I take your point regarding her having no bills etc at the moment and I didn’t realise the house only cost 150k but I always thought a bank won’t loan you anything if you aren’t financially stable and able to make re-payments. Genuinely curious as to when this changed? I thought during covid and since that it’s worse than ever.

Given her followers I’d be really shocked if she taking home 2k per mention! (I reckon Aoife could charge maybe half that at her level). It’s the Roz Purcells levels of influencers charging high rates for mentions. Rates are based on your following. (I’m only talking about mentions not the big ads/charity ambassador things she did last year for comparison).

Unless she has an unreal account manager pulling all sorts of strings. Yes she gets handy money but I doubt she’s taking home the amount quoted on here (86k??) given she’d be considered a “micro” or part time influencer to brands with her stats. She’s barely active!

Reactions: 3
I take your point regarding her having no bills etc at the moment and I didn’t realise the house only cost 150k but I always thought a bank won’t loan you anything if you aren’t financially stable and able to make re-payments. Genuinely curious as to when this changed? I thought during covid and since that it’s worse than ever.

Given her followers I’d be really shocked if she taking home 2k per mention! (I reckon Aoife could charge maybe half that at her level). It’s the Roz Purcells levels of influencers charging high rates for mentions. Rates are based on your following. (I’m only talking about mentions not the big ads/charity ambassador things she did last year for comparison).

Unless she has an unreal account manager pulling all sorts of strings. Yes she gets handy money but I doubt she’s taking home the amount quoted on here (86k??) given she’d be considered a “micro” or part time influencer to brands with her stats. She’s barely active!
You can get a mortgage as a self employed person if you have two years of steady accounts. How is being an influencer any different than being a painter or something like that? You don’t get the same amount every month as it depends how much work you get that month. It’s a more difficult process but possible.
I don’t know how much she is making that does seem a lot.

Reactions: 5
You can get a mortgage as a self employed person if you have two years of steady accounts. How is being an influencer any different than being a painter or something like that? You don’t get the same amount every month as it depends how much work you get that month. It’s a more difficult process but possible.
I don’t know how much she is making that does seem a lot.
Because Instagrams a dying platform that has at best another 5 years in it (and that's being generous).

That's not the same as being a self employed electrician with 40 years of work ahead of you.

Even if you think Instagram has longevity, do you think Aoife will be getting paid for PR drops in her 60s? It's a temporary career based on her looks and a platform thats falling out of favour with young users.

I can't believe anyone is comparing an Instagram account to a viable business. Yes there are some people making a fortune out of it but they generally tend to have mass appeal and have made the leap to mainstream success. Aoife is barely known by anyone, she's not a celebrity or household name, she's a nobody. I can't believe banks are that generous given the difficulty I see people with full time jobs and two wages having with mortgages. She has a child, from personal experience I can assure you that makes a huge difference and really reduces the amount you can borrow.

I don't begrudge her the house at all, it's great for her and Penny. I really hope she has realised she can't depend on Instagram for a career and that she has a Plan B because that little girl deserves a mother who is putting her first and not chasing some dream.

Reactions: 7
Instagram now is where Facebook was in 2010-2011.
In a few years, as its user base ages further, Instagram is just going to go the same way

• Heart
I personally think the parents bought the house for her in their name, she saved what she could and gave them money towards the deposit.
She is living at home with no bills, gets a bit from instagram and probably gets a good bit from Gary in maintenance.
My guess is her and the mother sat at the kitchen table and came up with a game plan. Tell instagram about the house and she will get stuff for free to furnish and do it up.

Her engagement is piss poor. She is not making 2k per post. I can’t believe anyone thinks in the current climate that she got a mortgage on her own. Delusional

Instagram now is where Facebook was in 2010-2011.
In a few years, as its user base ages further, Instagram is just going to go the same way
Facebook really did fall off a cliff, YouTube too.

It's inevitable that it will happen to Instagram too.

Someone on here a few pages back said that they knew the house she had bought and it was an awful condition, one of the bedrooms had no ceiling. That house was obviously not Aoife’s house, the interior was totally different, but it sold for €260k. That person said they knew for a fact that the house is in the same estate, so one would presume that if it was in better structural condition it cost more. that being said, they were obviously not as well informed as they thought since they referenced the wrong house totally. No other houses in that estates sold last year, it seems.

There’s no way an average 3bed semi d in any estate in or around Clonmel was bought for €150 k last year, you’d be lucky to buy a garage for that around here at the moment.

Reactions: 2