Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Seen by dermatologist and they said mine were perfectly normal. I didn’t need to have any removed, which was great. Just shows importance of not reading horror stories and worrying yourself to death, and to leave it to the professionals
Glad it was okay for you! I’ve been thinking about you ❤

Glad it was okay for you! I’ve been thinking about you ❤
Quoting myself haha this probs isn’t going to help my anxiety but did they say anything about why the mole on your neck was 2 colours?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Everybody

Chatty Member
It’s scary when they say that, same happened to me but good thing is it’s being dealt with and means you’ll be seen quickly. I’m still waiting for an appointment to get the extra skin and tissue removed around mine and I’ll be glad when it’s done!
Thanks this helps a lot. I’m really upset because I don’t know what it is. I am just recovering from COVID too. I’m so scared that I’m going to have skin cancer.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I have two moles on my face that nobody will remove as they say the scar will be worse than the moles but I absolutely hate them and always have ☹
Have you gone to private clinics to ask about this?? it is a procedure that a lot of private cosmetic surgery clinics offer.

mcfeez

VIP Member
I have a small mole on my neck. I find it’s a really tricky place to monitor. For ease of mind, I would like to have it removed.
Am I best of going straight to private healthcare? Also if anyone is happy to share how much theirs cost that would be great

thanks
If you cite you've seen a change in the mole particularly, you are more likely to get referred. Although you will probably not get a fast track referral without any 'red flag' symptoms/if the GP isn't overly concerned.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Thanks for your reply @calmyourritas. Glad to hear it didn‘t spread. Fingers crossed you won‘t have any more problems in the future 🤞🏻❤

The first clinic I called said they were fully booked for the next couple of months but I managed to get an appointment for Thursday somewhere else which I‘m thrilled about!
I‘m not too worried about the procedure but very much about the test results afterwards. It‘s almost like I know it‘s going to be bad news...
Great that you got an appointment so soon! My original results took around 2-3 weeks to come back which was a hard wait! Will have my fingers crossed for you, keep us updated x

• Heart

slippyfrog

I have a mole on my left butt cheek which seems to have got bigger and I have a lump near it also which feels really sore. I’m concerned 😟 cos the lump looks really odd. I will be calling my gp in the morning.

Thanks to all.
I actually spoke to my GP today, because there was marked changes (2 different colours) and the darker part is raised, I’m being fast tracked to dermatology. He said because of the changes, it’s going to be on the potential skin cancer pathway- so now I’m really anxious. (I have bad health anxiety anyway)
I’ll just have to wait and see I guess. If it wasn’t for seeing this forum- I never would have even bothered to check it out- so thanks to the creator I guess!
It’s scary when they say that, same happened to me but good thing is it’s being dealt with and means you’ll be seen quickly. I’m still waiting for an appointment to get the extra skin and tissue removed around mine and I’ll be glad when it’s done!

• Heart

Noseyrg

I’ve had one removed, I couldn’t get it done on the NHS but I went private at our local hospital. Phoned for a consultation and was booked the next day, no messing. Cost me £150 and was the best money I ever spent. Good luck it won’t hurt and you’ll feel much better xx
I’ve looked at the prices online of a private hospital near me and they are around £500 to get a mole removed!!

• Wow

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hey everyone!
Hope those of you who were waiting for results got only good news ❤

I have one on my left arm since birth and it never bothered me but I do think it has changed in shape ever so slightly and now I just want it gone asap. Going to call a clinic this afternoon and hope they can book me in quickly!
Absolutely terrified that it‘s cancerous but if it‘s cut out then there‘s a good chance of it not becoming too problematic, right? 😢
Hi @Welshgal how did you get on today?
I went to the GP about a mole in September, he referred me to the hospital straight away and within a few weeks it was removed. The procedure itself wasn’t too bad just uncomfortable and because of where it was I struggled to walk after.
Unfortunately my results came back as stage 1b melanoma which meant I needed further surgery to ensure it hadn’t spread. I had that in February and luckily it hadn’t and I now just need to be extra careful in the sun and be vigilant with my moles.
Happy to answer any questions you have xx

• Heart

Hulahoopsfromthe80s

I've had two one on my face about 15yrs ago and was fine
And 6/7wks ago had one removed from the bottom of my foot which had grown alot recently and changed colour - it was fine but the heeling has been a nightmare! Better then leaving it tho!

Eezypeezy

I had one lasered off my face privately - it wasn’t sinister but it annoyed me. Cost me £295 and the anaesthetic was a bit stingy but not terrible.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I have two moles on my face that nobody will remove as they say the scar will be worse than the moles but I absolutely hate them and always have ☹
Same here! My GP wouldn’t even entertain it so I went through my work private healthcare. The lady I saw was really nice but basically said the same thing - the scar would be bigger/worse than the moles and so it wouldn’t be worth it. I’m thinking about looking into having them lasered off, if it’s an option.

Everybody

Chatty Member
I don’t know where you are but my GP will automatically refer any moles straight to dermatology and it’s a 2-3 week wait to be seen. From there you can request a removal. Mine basically said if anyone asks for a mole to be removed they won’t say no, and then it’s another few weeks from then. Might be worth asking at your GP
I had a raised mole on my neck removed about 7 years ago by the GP. They froze the area to numb it and I felt nothing, it was fine afterwards too. Although they only removed it for me because my seatbelt was digging into it and hurting me, GP’s won’t remove them for cosmetic reasons. You could ask for a referral though.
Thanks guys! I’m actually not that bothered by it, so it’s not for cosmetic reasons as such. It makes me anxious that I can’t really see it, so hard to properly monitor for any size / colour changes etc. I might call my GP about it in the next few weeks to see what they say

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I'd just like to give some reassuration in regards to skin cancer. I come from a hot country so know a lot of people who've had moles and skin lesions removed or checked out.

It's super rare to have aggressive skin cancer and like another member mentioned skin cancer tends to be very slow growing. They normally get it all with the first removal or they'll ask you back and do a second removal of skin surrounding the area.

I know the word cancer sparks fear but honestly skin cancer is nothing too worry yourself about unless they tell you too worry. The best thing to do is just to keep an eye on any moles. And tbh as long as you use sunscreen and don't stay in the sun for long periods you will be fine.
Thanks for your kind words ❤
but what worries me is I was kind of silly in the sun from about 2015-2019, and I have used sunbeds in the pasta few times 😪 so I feel guilty and not worth the reassurance when people say ‘as long as you use sunscreen’ because I didn’t for a bit 😪

Welshgal

VIP Member
Hey everyone!
Hope those of you who were waiting for results got only good news ❤

I have one on my left arm since birth and it never bothered me but I do think it has changed in shape ever so slightly and now I just want it gone asap. Going to call a clinic this afternoon and hope they can book me in quickly!
Absolutely terrified that it‘s cancerous but if it‘s cut out then there‘s a good chance of it not becoming too problematic, right? 😢

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member

Welshgal

VIP Member
Thanks for your reply @calmyourritas. Glad to hear it didn‘t spread. Fingers crossed you won‘t have any more problems in the future 🤞🏻❤

The first clinic I called said they were fully booked for the next couple of months but I managed to get an appointment for Thursday somewhere else which I‘m thrilled about!
I‘m not too worried about the procedure but very much about the test results afterwards. It‘s almost like I know it‘s going to be bad news...