Anyone had a mole removed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After some experiences on what happened, did it hurt, hospital or GP etc?

Have a fairly large mole on my neck, its raised and has been the same size for years without bothering me. Just these last few days its felt a bit sore, caught it on my Necklace a couple of times and I'd like it removed.

Wondering will it hurt, will they have to cut and stitch?! I'm quite the wimp 😃

Reactions: 1
I’ve had 2 removed, one on my neck and one on my back. The one on my neck, like yours, kept getting caught on my necklace. It also became itchy and annoying so my gp removed it. I had a bit of local anaesthetic injected into the skin around it and they used a razor to basically shave it off. I felt no pain and they put a little dressing on it afterwards. I don’t have a scar from it.
The one on my back was cut out and due to the way they remove them, I do have a scar. But it’s on my back so I can’t see it 😄

Reactions: 3
I’ve also had two removed. One on my chest, the other on my bum crack, haha. Both done in a mole clinic privately. The NHS wait was far too long as they weren’t cancerous or anything. I wanted them removed ASAP once I’d made my decision.

Best thing I ever did and only wish I’d had them removed sooner as they both made me feel super self conscious. Like the above poster, the area around them was injected with local anaesthetic. No pain either and I am a wimp too :)

Had a bit of scarring on the one on my chest, but using palmers skin therapy oil helped with that. This is a great body moisturiser anyway FYI as I’ve continued to use it. :)

Thanks both, reassuring to know. Did the injection of local anaesthetic hurt?

Yes one on the back of my neck and one on my back. With the neck one it didn't hurt when they did it as the area was numbed but when the anaesthetic wore off it hurt like bloody hell. So have some pain at the ready. I had to go back as well and have the 2 little stiches out.
I cant remember the one on the back causing any problems. The Dr had two massive black eyes and I thought it was strange someone would turn up for work as a Dr in that state. I asked if he had been fighting and he said not!

Ive had 2 removed..one on my arm few years ago ..it wasnt raised and i do have a small scar as it was cut out.
i also had a raised one removed from my face in the summer, its colour vanished & started itching really bad so i was scratching it constantly. My GP still isnt doing appts i bypassed the NHS as im Lucky enough to have bupa through work.
I had a small injection of anesthetic * it was sort of shaved off and they but something on it to seal wound.i had to put vaseline on it as it supposed to help with with reducing scaring ..the surgeon did a great job. i had a small red mark which is now gone .
Do get it done if its irritating you xx

Reactions: 2
Thanks both, reassuring to know. Did the injection of local anaesthetic hurt?
The one on my neck hardly hurt at all, just a tiny scratch. The one on my back was quite stingy as they had to inject the anaesthetic deeper into the skin. It was ok though, and I’m a whimp 🤣

Just a little bit from what I can remember, not anything too severe.
Not as bad as a tattoo, no where near. Nothing to be concerned about.I'd get it done, they are a nuisance, moles and warts etc.X

Thanks all! Going to give my GP a call on Monday 😀 I definitely want it removed.

Yeah, don’t worry about it. They removed a skin lesion from my lip (thank god it ended up being nothing serious!)
And I was very apprehensive but did not feel a thing as they inject you and the anesthesia takes immediate effect. I was not worried about a scar as my thinking was rather have a scar than something bad. But I can’t believe how fantastic my lip healed. You would never guess I had a lesion removed.

I had one on my underarm removed by my GP, didn't hurt a bit. It was raised so has left a small scar but I’m so glad it’s gone!

I had one removed on the NHS - it was a simple procedure. Local anaesthetic, in and out in an hour or so. I was worried about the anaesthetic but honestly it was fine, just a tiny prick and then I couldn’t feel a thing. They stitched it up and had stitches removed in around 10 days.

It was cancerous so I’m really glad I did - I’m now waiting for other tests and removal of more tissue. Definitely get it removed if you’re concerned!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had a birth Mark removed and had local anathestic to have it removed... the worst part was hearing the snipping... defo take some headphones to get rid of the sound

I had one on my underarm removed by my GP, didn't hurt a bit.
Same, I'm so glad I got it done. Mine was the size of a sweetcorn (but brown), and every time I wore sleeveless tops people would ask what's stuck under my arm *blush*. Did u have any stitches? I had two xx

I’ve had two moles removed, one twice as the second more skin was taken as it was cancerous. I now have mole mapping every year. The anaesthestic is a bit of a scratch/sting then it doesn’t hurt. I had about 15 stitches overall which were fine just have to keep them clean and dry!

I’ve had one removed, I couldn’t get it done on the NHS but I went private at our local hospital. Phoned for a consultation and was booked the next day, no messing. Cost me £150 and was the best money I ever spent. Good luck it won’t hurt and you’ll feel much better xx

Had one off at my Drs as they do a special clinic once a fortnight I was surprised how easy and fairly painless it was.
It was one right under my boob and caught on my bra all the time!

I have a mole on my left butt cheek which seems to have got bigger and I have a lump near it also which feels really sore. I’m concerned 😟 cos the lump looks really odd. I will be calling my gp in the morning.