Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Everybody

Chatty Member
Glad it was okay for you! I’ve been thinking about you ❤

Quoting myself haha this probs isn’t going to help my anxiety but did they say anything about why the mole on your neck was 2 colours?
Lots of love for you!! They actually told me it’s absolutely normal for it to be two colours, it’s just due to sun exposure. She told me that even if I did develop cancer in the future it would be caught so early as it takes YEARS to develop to a serious state. And that it’s so easy to monitor so I’m really happy

how did yours go? Xx

Reactions: 2

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I had one on my underarm removed by my GP, didn't hurt a bit. It was raised so has left a small scar but I’m so glad it’s gone!

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
Ive had 2 removed..one on my arm few years ago ..it wasnt raised and i do have a small scar as it was cut out.
i also had a raised one removed from my face in the summer, its colour vanished & started itching really bad so i was scratching it constantly. My GP still isnt doing appts i bypassed the NHS as im Lucky enough to have bupa through work.
I had a small injection of anesthetic * it was sort of shaved off and they but something on it to seal wound.i had to put vaseline on it as it supposed to help with with reducing scaring ..the surgeon did a great job. i had a small red mark which is now gone .
Do get it done if its irritating you xx

Yeah, don’t worry about it. They removed a skin lesion from my lip (thank god it ended up being nothing serious!)
And I was very apprehensive but did not feel a thing as they inject you and the anesthesia takes immediate effect. I was not worried about a scar as my thinking was rather have a scar than something bad. But I can’t believe how fantastic my lip healed. You would never guess I had a lesion removed.

bexgreen1983

VIP Member
I had a birth Mark removed and had local anathestic to have it removed... the worst part was hearing the snipping... defo take some headphones to get rid of the sound

calmyourritas

VIP Member
By way of an update the mole they’ve removed was found to be pre-cancerous, so I’ve got to go back and get some more skin and tissue removed but then that’ll hopefully be the end of it. Very glad I went to have it checked now. My sunbathing years are over, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just need to get a bit better with the fake tan.
Glad you got it removed. I had my wider local excision under general anaesthetic as they removed and tested some lymph nodes at the same time.

I’ve had two moles removed, one twice as the second more skin was taken as it was cancerous. I now have mole mapping every year. The anaesthestic is a bit of a scratch/sting then it doesn’t hurt. I had about 15 stitches overall which were fine just have to keep them clean and dry!

I have a small mole on my neck. I find it’s a really tricky place to monitor. For ease of mind, I would like to have it removed.
Am I best of going straight to private healthcare? Also if anyone is happy to share how much theirs cost that would be great

thanks
I don’t know where you are but my GP will automatically refer any moles straight to dermatology and it’s a 2-3 week wait to be seen. From there you can request a removal. Mine basically said if anyone asks for a mole to be removed they won’t say no, and then it’s another few weeks from then. Might be worth asking at your GP

By way of an update the mole they’ve removed was found to be pre-cancerous, so I’ve got to go back and get some more skin and tissue removed but then that’ll hopefully be the end of it. Very glad I went to have it checked now. My sunbathing years are over, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just need to get a bit better with the fake tan.
Because I grew up in a hot country I am a great believer in having mole removed and not just monitoring them. If you catch it early like you have it's very treatable.
So glad that everything is ok - remember sunscreen is your friend!

Mememe9

Chatty Member
I have! I had 2 on my neck that stuck out so had them removed. Completely painless and was more cosmetic than anything else. I am however covered in moles to the point I have too many to count and some I don’t even know about. I try not to dwell on it

37BBL

VIP Member
Thanks both, reassuring to know. Did the injection of local anaesthetic hurt?

Reactions: 1

Welshgal

VIP Member
Jumping on here. I had a mole removed a few weeks ago. Dr said it looked ok but would need monitoring or I could have it removed. I just decided to have it removed. Now been called by the Dr saying I need to come in urgently and have an appointment tomorrow morning. I’m so worried. I think I’m slightly shocked as Dr didn’t think it was an issue it was more because I didn’t want to traipse back and forward for check ups. Google is not my friend at the moment
Fingers crossed for you xx

37BBL

VIP Member
After some experiences on what happened, did it hurt, hospital or GP etc?

Have a fairly large mole on my neck, its raised and has been the same size for years without bothering me. Just these last few days its felt a bit sore, caught it on my Necklace a couple of times and I'd like it removed.

Wondering will it hurt, will they have to cut and stitch?! I'm quite the wimp 😃

Fingers crossed for you xx
Thanks

My gp said the same thing when I originally visited him - that it looked ok and he wasn’t concerned but he sent me to a dermatologist anyway. I am so glad he did. Just wish they wouldn’t say “looks ok” when they don’t actually know. Fingers crossed for you, keep me updated! It’s been removed now which is the main thing xx
It was the dermatologist that said it was ok, my GP had said she always refers people as she hasn’t got a clue when it comes to moles. Not expecting to sleep much tonight thinking the worst. But yes at least it’s been removed and checked and if I need any more treatment at least I’ll hopefully get it quite quickly

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Thanks for your reply @calmyourritas. Glad to hear it didn‘t spread. Fingers crossed you won‘t have any more problems in the future 🤞🏻❤

The first clinic I called said they were fully booked for the next couple of months but I managed to get an appointment for Thursday somewhere else which I‘m thrilled about!
I‘m not too worried about the procedure but very much about the test results afterwards. It‘s almost like I know it‘s going to be bad news...
Just for balance

my Dad has had many many many moles removed from his body over the years. Some have been completely harmless. But yes, some have come back as malignant melanoma - so he has had skin cancer. However- he’s completely fine. They have removed them, tested them and usually if malignant they then go back and remove a larger area of skin & tissue from around where the melanoma was, and that’s it. Yes this results in a scar But it’s all very neat & tidy and it’s all very easily dealt with.

my point is, it’s most likely to be nothing sinister but if it is anything bad it’s probably early enough that a simple procedure will be all you need to sort things out. The main thing is to get things checked as soon as you notice a difference and to be vigilant with checking moles on a regular basis. xx

• Heart
Hi @Welshgal how did you get on today?
I went to the GP about a mole in September, he referred me to the hospital straight away and within a few weeks it was removed. The procedure itself wasn’t too bad just uncomfortable and because of where it was I struggled to walk after.
Unfortunately my results came back as stage 1b melanoma which meant I needed further surgery to ensure it hadn’t spread. I had that in February and luckily it hadn’t and I now just need to be extra careful in the sun and be vigilant with my moles.
Happy to answer any questions you have xx
Jumping on here. I had a mole removed a few weeks ago. Dr said it looked ok but would need monitoring or I could have it removed. I just decided to have it removed. Now been called by the Dr saying I need to come in urgently and have an appointment tomorrow morning. I’m so worried. I think I’m slightly shocked as Dr didn’t think it was an issue it was more because I didn’t want to traipse back and forward for check ups. Google is not my friend at the moment

• Heart
Because I grew up in a hot country I am a great believer in having mole removed and not just monitoring them. If you catch it early like you have it's very treatable.
So glad that everything is ok - remember sunscreen is your friend!
I’ve been guilty in the past of sunbeds/tanning with oil etc (I know, I know but in your 20s you think you’re invincible and I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever burnt despite being Scottish so just don’t think it’s anything to worry about 🙄) but as I’ve got older I’ve definitely thought about it more. Use facial sunscreen every as I use retinols but came straight out of my appointment and into boots to stock up on plenty!

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Lots of love for you!! They actually told me it’s absolutely normal for it to be two colours, it’s just due to sun exposure. She told me that even if I did develop cancer in the future it would be caught so early as it takes YEARS to develop to a serious state. And that it’s so easy to monitor so I’m really happy

how did yours go? Xx
Oh that’s good to know!
haven’t had mine yet, Monday ☹

• Heart

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
I had a mole removed from the side of my face back in March after being referred through my GP last year and major postponements due to Covid.

I'll be honest, it has scarred somewhat badly. Half of it is fine, the other half is a raised bump. It was done on the NHS and two seperate people did the stitches (it sounded to me as if one of them was being trained which I wouldnt have an issue with if it wasn't on my face) so I think half of it got a little botched.

They told me recently the poor healing could be down to the fact I'm pregnant and to massage it for 15 mins each day with something like Palmers and it should break up the scar tissue. I think it's working. Its still all pink but that should fade over the next year.

Either way, I'm glad I got it done. The scar is far easier to cover with makeup than my mole and I feel far more confident in my appearance.
Ah im glad you are pleased, yes im the same id prefer a scar to the mole. I have loads and they've always bothered me.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Thanks to all.
I actually spoke to my GP today, because there was marked changes (2 different colours) and the darker part is raised, I’m being fast tracked to dermatology. He said because of the changes, it’s going to be on the potential skin cancer pathway- so now I’m really anxious. (I have bad health anxiety anyway)
I’ll just have to wait and see I guess. If it wasn’t for seeing this forum- I never would have even bothered to check it out- so thanks to the creator I guess!
Good luck! I had mine removed within 2 weeks or so of my GP referring me to the dermatologist so fingers crossed it is fast for you xx

• Heart