Anyone had a mole removed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have! I had 2 on my neck that stuck out so had them removed. Completely painless and was more cosmetic than anything else. I am however covered in moles to the point I have too many to count and some I don’t even know about. I try not to dwell on it

Reactions: 2
I have a mole on my left butt cheek which seems to have got bigger and I have a lump near it also which feels really sore. I’m concerned 😟 cos the lump looks really odd. I will be calling my gp in the morning.
Please do and let me know how you get on!!💖

I’ve had one removed, I couldn’t get it done on the NHS but I went private at our local hospital. Phoned for a consultation and was booked the next day, no messing. Cost me £150 and was the best money I ever spent. Good luck it won’t hurt and you’ll feel much better xx
I’ve looked at the prices online of a private hospital near me and they are around £500 to get a mole removed!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I had one lasered off my face privately - it wasn’t sinister but it annoyed me. Cost me £295 and the anaesthetic was a bit stingy but not terrible.

Hey everyone!
Hope those of you who were waiting for results got only good news ❤

I have one on my left arm since birth and it never bothered me but I do think it has changed in shape ever so slightly and now I just want it gone asap. Going to call a clinic this afternoon and hope they can book me in quickly!
Absolutely terrified that it‘s cancerous but if it‘s cut out then there‘s a good chance of it not becoming too problematic, right? 😢

I have two moles on my face that nobody will remove as they say the scar will be worse than the moles but I absolutely hate them and always have ☹

I have two moles on my face that nobody will remove as they say the scar will be worse than the moles but I absolutely hate them and always have ☹
Have you gone to private clinics to ask about this?? it is a procedure that a lot of private cosmetic surgery clinics offer.

Have you gone to private clinics to ask about this?? it is a procedure that a lot of private cosmetic surgery clinics offer.
Yes I contacted 3 clinics near where I used to live in Bristol and they all said the scar would be worse so I left it and tried to forget about it and then I tried the clinic called Transform but they said the person who does this procedure was unavailable due to the pandemic.

Yes I contacted 3 clinics near where I used to live in Bristol and they all said the scar would be worse so I left it and tried to forget about it and then I tried the clinic called Transform but they said the person who does this procedure was unavailable due to the pandemic.
Have you asked anyone like at the Dermatology clinic if there is a make up that will cover them or tone them down a bit for you? They can cover port wine stains now really well and that skin condition that people get when they end up with white patches. Is it vitiligo? That could be an option for you?

I’ve had one taken off my face and one off my neck. Didn’t hurt but I can’t still think of the exact noise of them cutting the face one off and feel queasy… like someone cutting denim 🤮. Walked home after the neck one, no bother.
My hubby currently has one on his face causing him trouble and they won’t take it off as they are too busy. Good luck

Hey everyone!
Hope those of you who were waiting for results got only good news ❤

I have one on my left arm since birth and it never bothered me but I do think it has changed in shape ever so slightly and now I just want it gone asap. Going to call a clinic this afternoon and hope they can book me in quickly!
Absolutely terrified that it‘s cancerous but if it‘s cut out then there‘s a good chance of it not becoming too problematic, right? 😢
Hi @Welshgal how did you get on today?
I went to the GP about a mole in September, he referred me to the hospital straight away and within a few weeks it was removed. The procedure itself wasn’t too bad just uncomfortable and because of where it was I struggled to walk after.
Unfortunately my results came back as stage 1b melanoma which meant I needed further surgery to ensure it hadn’t spread. I had that in February and luckily it hadn’t and I now just need to be extra careful in the sun and be vigilant with my moles.
Happy to answer any questions you have xx

• Heart
Thanks for your reply @calmyourritas. Glad to hear it didn‘t spread. Fingers crossed you won‘t have any more problems in the future 🤞🏻❤

The first clinic I called said they were fully booked for the next couple of months but I managed to get an appointment for Thursday somewhere else which I‘m thrilled about!
I‘m not too worried about the procedure but very much about the test results afterwards. It‘s almost like I know it‘s going to be bad news...

Thanks for your reply @calmyourritas. Glad to hear it didn‘t spread. Fingers crossed you won‘t have any more problems in the future 🤞🏻❤

The first clinic I called said they were fully booked for the next couple of months but I managed to get an appointment for Thursday somewhere else which I‘m thrilled about!
I‘m not too worried about the procedure but very much about the test results afterwards. It‘s almost like I know it‘s going to be bad news...
Great that you got an appointment so soon! My original results took around 2-3 weeks to come back which was a hard wait! Will have my fingers crossed for you, keep us updated x

• Heart

Just for balance

my Dad has had many many many moles removed from his body over the years. Some have been completely harmless. But yes, some have come back as malignant melanoma - so he has had skin cancer. However- he’s completely fine. They have removed them, tested them and usually if malignant they then go back and remove a larger area of skin & tissue from around where the melanoma was, and that’s it. Yes this results in a scar But it’s all very neat & tidy and it’s all very easily dealt with.

my point is, it’s most likely to be nothing sinister but if it is anything bad it’s probably early enough that a simple procedure will be all you need to sort things out. The main thing is to get things checked as soon as you notice a difference and to be vigilant with checking moles on a regular basis. xx

• Heart
Same here! My GP wouldn’t even entertain it so I went through my work private healthcare. The lady I saw was really nice but basically said the same thing - the scar would be bigger/worse than the moles and so it wouldn’t be worth it. I’m thinking about looking into having them lasered off, if it’s an option.

Same here! My GP wouldn’t even entertain it so I went through my work private healthcare. The lady I saw was really nice but basically said the same thing - the scar would be bigger/worse than the moles and so it wouldn’t be worth it. I’m thinking about looking into having them lasered off, if it’s an option.
That’s just what I was going to suggest if it’s only for cosmetic purposes.
Although saying that my brother had a mole removed by his nose that bothered him and it left no scarring which really surprised me. Maybe talk to a plastic surgeon, although that might be far more costly

Update:
I've just come back from the clinic. I explained everything and they had a look at it and pretty much immediately told me it looked very normal. I could still have it removed if I wanted but they warned me that a) even if a test of the tissue showed some bad cells, it would be classed as plastic surgery and my insurance would not pay and b) it would leave a white mark or even scar, so no reason to get it for aesthetic reasons.

I feel so relieved ! Will keep an eye on it of course and I will ask my GP about regular check ups but for now I can just let it be.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi @Welshgal how did you get on today?
I went to the GP about a mole in September, he referred me to the hospital straight away and within a few weeks it was removed. The procedure itself wasn’t too bad just uncomfortable and because of where it was I struggled to walk after.
Unfortunately my results came back as stage 1b melanoma which meant I needed further surgery to ensure it hadn’t spread. I had that in February and luckily it hadn’t and I now just need to be extra careful in the sun and be vigilant with my moles.
Happy to answer any questions you have xx
Jumping on here. I had a mole removed a few weeks ago. Dr said it looked ok but would need monitoring or I could have it removed. I just decided to have it removed. Now been called by the Dr saying I need to come in urgently and have an appointment tomorrow morning. I’m so worried. I think I’m slightly shocked as Dr didn’t think it was an issue it was more because I didn’t want to traipse back and forward for check ups. Google is not my friend at the moment

• Heart