Anyone had a mole removed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have two moles on my face that nobody will remove as they say the scar will be worse than the moles but I absolutely hate them and always have ☹
I had a mole removed from the side of my face back in March after being referred through my GP last year and major postponements due to Covid.

I'll be honest, it has scarred somewhat badly. Half of it is fine, the other half is a raised bump. It was done on the NHS and two seperate people did the stitches (it sounded to me as if one of them was being trained which I wouldnt have an issue with if it wasn't on my face) so I think half of it got a little botched.

They told me recently the poor healing could be down to the fact I'm pregnant and to massage it for 15 mins each day with something like Palmers and it should break up the scar tissue. I think it's working. Its still all pink but that should fade over the next year.

Either way, I'm glad I got it done. The scar is far easier to cover with makeup than my mole and I feel far more confident in my appearance.

Jumping on here. I had a mole removed a few weeks ago. Dr said it looked ok but would need monitoring or I could have it removed. I just decided to have it removed. Now been called by the Dr saying I need to come in urgently and have an appointment tomorrow morning. I’m so worried. I think I’m slightly shocked as Dr didn’t think it was an issue it was more because I didn’t want to traipse back and forward for check ups. Google is not my friend at the moment
Fingers crossed for you xx

Reactions: 1
Jumping on here. I had a mole removed a few weeks ago. Dr said it looked ok but would need monitoring or I could have it removed. I just decided to have it removed. Now been called by the Dr saying I need to come in urgently and have an appointment tomorrow morning. I’m so worried. I think I’m slightly shocked as Dr didn’t think it was an issue it was more because I didn’t want to traipse back and forward for check ups. Google is not my friend at the moment
My gp said the same thing when I originally visited him - that it looked ok and he wasn’t concerned but he sent me to a dermatologist anyway. I am so glad he did. Just wish they wouldn’t say “looks ok” when they don’t actually know. Fingers crossed for you, keep me updated! It’s been removed now which is the main thing xx

I had a mole removed from the side of my face back in March after being referred through my GP last year and major postponements due to Covid.

I'll be honest, it has scarred somewhat badly. Half of it is fine, the other half is a raised bump. It was done on the NHS and two seperate people did the stitches (it sounded to me as if one of them was being trained which I wouldnt have an issue with if it wasn't on my face) so I think half of it got a little botched.

They told me recently the poor healing could be down to the fact I'm pregnant and to massage it for 15 mins each day with something like Palmers and it should break up the scar tissue. I think it's working. Its still all pink but that should fade over the next year.

Either way, I'm glad I got it done. The scar is far easier to cover with makeup than my mole and I feel far more confident in my appearance.
Ah im glad you are pleased, yes im the same id prefer a scar to the mole. I have loads and they've always bothered me.

Fingers crossed for you xx
Thanks

My gp said the same thing when I originally visited him - that it looked ok and he wasn’t concerned but he sent me to a dermatologist anyway. I am so glad he did. Just wish they wouldn’t say “looks ok” when they don’t actually know. Fingers crossed for you, keep me updated! It’s been removed now which is the main thing xx
It was the dermatologist that said it was ok, my GP had said she always refers people as she hasn’t got a clue when it comes to moles. Not expecting to sleep much tonight thinking the worst. But yes at least it’s been removed and checked and if I need any more treatment at least I’ll hopefully get it quite quickly

• Heart
By way of an update the mole they’ve removed was found to be pre-cancerous, so I’ve got to go back and get some more skin and tissue removed but then that’ll hopefully be the end of it. Very glad I went to have it checked now. My sunbathing years are over, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just need to get a bit better with the fake tan.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
By way of an update the mole they’ve removed was found to be pre-cancerous, so I’ve got to go back and get some more skin and tissue removed but then that’ll hopefully be the end of it. Very glad I went to have it checked now. My sunbathing years are over, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just need to get a bit better with the fake tan.
Glad you got it removed. I had my wider local excision under general anaesthetic as they removed and tested some lymph nodes at the same time.

Reactions: 2
Because I grew up in a hot country I am a great believer in having mole removed and not just monitoring them. If you catch it early like you have it's very treatable.
So glad that everything is ok - remember sunscreen is your friend!

Because I grew up in a hot country I am a great believer in having mole removed and not just monitoring them. If you catch it early like you have it's very treatable.
So glad that everything is ok - remember sunscreen is your friend!
I’ve been guilty in the past of sunbeds/tanning with oil etc (I know, I know but in your 20s you think you’re invincible and I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever burnt despite being Scottish so just don’t think it’s anything to worry about 🙄) but as I’ve got older I’ve definitely thought about it more. Use facial sunscreen every as I use retinols but came straight out of my appointment and into boots to stock up on plenty!

I have a small mole on my neck. I find it’s a really tricky place to monitor. For ease of mind, I would like to have it removed.
Am I best of going straight to private healthcare? Also if anyone is happy to share how much theirs cost that would be great

thanks

I have a small mole on my neck. I find it’s a really tricky place to monitor. For ease of mind, I would like to have it removed.
Am I best of going straight to private healthcare? Also if anyone is happy to share how much theirs cost that would be great

thanks
I don’t know where you are but my GP will automatically refer any moles straight to dermatology and it’s a 2-3 week wait to be seen. From there you can request a removal. Mine basically said if anyone asks for a mole to be removed they won’t say no, and then it’s another few weeks from then. Might be worth asking at your GP

I had a raised mole on my neck removed about 7 years ago by the GP. They froze the area to numb it and I felt nothing, it was fine afterwards too. Although they only removed it for me because my seatbelt was digging into it and hurting me, GP’s won’t remove them for cosmetic reasons. You could ask for a referral though.

I don’t know where you are but my GP will automatically refer any moles straight to dermatology and it’s a 2-3 week wait to be seen. From there you can request a removal. Mine basically said if anyone asks for a mole to be removed they won’t say no, and then it’s another few weeks from then. Might be worth asking at your GP
I had a raised mole on my neck removed about 7 years ago by the GP. They froze the area to numb it and I felt nothing, it was fine afterwards too. Although they only removed it for me because my seatbelt was digging into it and hurting me, GP’s won’t remove them for cosmetic reasons. You could ask for a referral though.
Thanks guys! I’m actually not that bothered by it, so it’s not for cosmetic reasons as such. It makes me anxious that I can’t really see it, so hard to properly monitor for any size / colour changes etc. I might call my GP about it in the next few weeks to see what they say

thanks
If you cite you've seen a change in the mole particularly, you are more likely to get referred. Although you will probably not get a fast track referral without any 'red flag' symptoms/if the GP isn't overly concerned.

If you cite you've seen a change in the mole particularly, you are more likely to get referred. Although you will probably not get a fast track referral without any 'red flag' symptoms/if the GP isn't overly concerned.
Thanks to all.
I actually spoke to my GP today, because there was marked changes (2 different colours) and the darker part is raised, I’m being fast tracked to dermatology. He said because of the changes, it’s going to be on the potential skin cancer pathway- so now I’m really anxious. (I have bad health anxiety anyway)
I’ll just have to wait and see I guess. If it wasn’t for seeing this forum- I never would have even bothered to check it out- so thanks to the creator I guess!

• Heart
Thanks to all.
I actually spoke to my GP today, because there was marked changes (2 different colours) and the darker part is raised, I’m being fast tracked to dermatology. He said because of the changes, it’s going to be on the potential skin cancer pathway- so now I’m really anxious. (I have bad health anxiety anyway)
I’ll just have to wait and see I guess. If it wasn’t for seeing this forum- I never would have even bothered to check it out- so thanks to the creator I guess!
Good luck! I had mine removed within 2 weeks or so of my GP referring me to the dermatologist so fingers crossed it is fast for you xx

• Heart
Thanks to all.
It’s scary when they say that, same happened to me but good thing is it’s being dealt with and means you’ll be seen quickly. I’m still waiting for an appointment to get the extra skin and tissue removed around mine and I’ll be glad when it’s done!

• Heart
It’s scary when they say that, same happened to me but good thing is it’s being dealt with and means you’ll be seen quickly. I’m still waiting for an appointment to get the extra skin and tissue removed around mine and I’ll be glad when it’s done!
Thanks this helps a lot. I’m really upset because I don’t know what it is. I am just recovering from COVID too. I’m so scared that I’m going to have skin cancer.

Thanks this helps a lot. I’m really upset because I don’t know what it is. I am just recovering from COVID too. I’m so scared that I’m going to have skin cancer.
Better to get it removed and know, than leave it and could be much worse. That’s how I had to think about it. Have a chat about your fears with the consultant when you see them, they’ll hopefully be able to put your mind at ease a bit. Also my GP said they just put everyone who goes to see them with a suspect mole on the skin cancer pathway because they have no way of knowing what it is, so it’s the only option. Easier said than done (I know) but try not to worry x

• Heart
Seen by dermatologist and they said mine were perfectly normal. I didn’t need to have any removed, which was great. Just shows importance of not reading horror stories and worrying yourself to death, and to leave it to the professionals

• Heart
Reactions: 4