Anyone had a mole removed?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seen by dermatologist and they said mine were perfectly normal. I didn’t need to have any removed, which was great. Just shows importance of not reading horror stories and worrying yourself to death, and to leave it to the professionals
Glad it was okay for you! I’ve been thinking about you ❤

Quoting myself haha this probs isn’t going to help my anxiety but did they say anything about why the mole on your neck was 2 colours?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I've had two one on my face about 15yrs ago and was fine
And 6/7wks ago had one removed from the bottom of my foot which had grown alot recently and changed colour - it was fine but the heeling has been a nightmare! Better then leaving it tho!

Quoting myself haha this probs isn’t going to help my anxiety but did they say anything about why the mole on your neck was 2 colours?
Lots of love for you!! They actually told me it’s absolutely normal for it to be two colours, it’s just due to sun exposure. She told me that even if I did develop cancer in the future it would be caught so early as it takes YEARS to develop to a serious state. And that it’s so easy to monitor so I’m really happy

how did yours go? Xx

Reactions: 2
Lots of love for you!! They actually told me it’s absolutely normal for it to be two colours, it’s just due to sun exposure. She told me that even if I did develop cancer in the future it would be caught so early as it takes YEARS to develop to a serious state. And that it’s so easy to monitor so I’m really happy

how did yours go? Xx
Oh that’s good to know!
haven’t had mine yet, Monday ☹

• Heart
Oh that’s good to know!
haven’t had mine yet, Monday ☹
I'd just like to give some reassuration in regards to skin cancer. I come from a hot country so know a lot of people who've had moles and skin lesions removed or checked out.

It's super rare to have aggressive skin cancer and like another member mentioned skin cancer tends to be very slow growing. They normally get it all with the first removal or they'll ask you back and do a second removal of skin surrounding the area.

I know the word cancer sparks fear but honestly skin cancer is nothing too worry yourself about unless they tell you too worry. The best thing to do is just to keep an eye on any moles. And tbh as long as you use sunscreen and don't stay in the sun for long periods you will be fine.

• Heart
I'd just like to give some reassuration in regards to skin cancer. I come from a hot country so know a lot of people who've had moles and skin lesions removed or checked out.

It's super rare to have aggressive skin cancer and like another member mentioned skin cancer tends to be very slow growing. They normally get it all with the first removal or they'll ask you back and do a second removal of skin surrounding the area.

I know the word cancer sparks fear but honestly skin cancer is nothing too worry yourself about unless they tell you too worry. The best thing to do is just to keep an eye on any moles. And tbh as long as you use sunscreen and don't stay in the sun for long periods you will be fine.
Thanks for your kind words ❤
but what worries me is I was kind of silly in the sun from about 2015-2019, and I have used sunbeds in the pasta few times 😪 so I feel guilty and not worth the reassurance when people say ‘as long as you use sunscreen’ because I didn’t for a bit 😪

I had what I thought was a black mole removed on my thigh privately but it turned out to be a thrombosed angioma which was mimicking a melanoma. I was worried sick at the time as it did look worrying and very relieved when I got the results. I have quite a lot of small moles so I didn’t even realise that it wasn’t a mole. I also have a mole on my neck that I might get removed not because it’s particularly worrying but because it sometimes gets a bit irritated and itchy because of where it is.

Anyway getting it removed was no bother. Local anaesthetic, cut out and stitches which were then removed after a week or two.

• Heart