Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mRu

When me & my now husband first started dating we had loads of coincidences. Our Pin numbers only consist of 2 digits but repeated, it's the same 2 digits & it's the one the bank gave us originally. Just in a different order.

Also I was helping him file some of his certificates and paperwork from college and one of the documents had his birthday wrong so he said it caused a right nightmare. The wrong birthday was my date of birth! (Different date, different month and year!)

There's also a load more but those 2 always stick out in my mind!

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Lynseyp

VIP Member
* I was waiting for an op but hadn't received a letter from the hospital as to when the date would be, a year later still waiting, was at a funeral and a relative asked if i had my appointment yet which i hadn't. Next day a letter arrived from the hospital with my pre op and operation dates that i had been waiting over a year for.

* Was staying at a hotel which i thought was haunted, in the reception area was a guest book so i decided to have a nose through it, i lifted my hand under a page to turn over to read some of the comments and the date at the top of that page was my birth date 😱

* Not sure if this was a coincidence or just bad luck 🤣 - we was on a plane heading to Greece for a holiday, behind us was 3 men quite rowdy who got on my nerves. Was glad to get off the plane to get away from them, thought i wouldnt see them again!!! How wrong was i - got onto the coach to take us to hotel, the same 3 men were on same coach, then they were in same hotel and make matters worse they was in room next to us.
One of the 3 guys got chatting to us and was pleasant, he then struck up a holiday romance with my sister. Cut a long story short he moved down to be near her after holiday ended, they got married and had a baby. They were together 7 years before marriage ended but we are still in contact with him now.

* My cousin was due to get on one of the planes that had crashed into Twin Towers in 2001. Fortunately for him he missed that flight.

• Wow

mummy2under2

VIP Member
Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but I was born on the same date and exact time as my grandfather, just 50 years different.
My youngest was born on the exact date and exact time that he passed away.

• Wow

Princesspinky

Most of my coincidences seem to involve places , but here's the strangest.

When I was 18 I moved from a teeny tiny rural village near the Cotswolds , to Bournemouth to be with my dad. The population of that village was something like 1500. I had lived there all my life and it was time to move on.
I was working in a beauty salon in Bournemouth and one day I was reading my client list and there was this name of a woman having a spray tan with me , I remember thinking to myself I went to school with a girl with that name ...... But quicky dismissed the idea as really what's the odds. But that girl stuck in my mind as her mum used to work for Cadbury and one day she had come over to play and her mum brought round a huge box of Cadbury whisper gold ( they were new at the time and just about to launch them ) .
When the woman come in for her spray tan , I didn't recognize her as the girl I went to school with , so I told her I went to school with someone with her name , she immediately said omg I thought I recognized you ..... Yes indeed it was the girl I went to school with 10+years before ! Her parents had moved to Dorset as she had finished primary school and was working in an insurance office 20 ft away from the beauty salon !
We never did keep in touch , I often kick myself this king we should have

Reactions: 14

50sGirl

VIP Member
My step-mum died several years ago.

Two days before the first anniversary of her death, I took my sons to the dentist.
I was surprised to see a new painting/print on the wall of the waiting room because it happened to be by my step-mum’s favourite artist. He wasn’t a well known artist and was from “up North”, like my step-mum, so I didn’t expect to see his paintings anywhere, let alone further South.
Anyway, sat underneath this painting was a woman. I looked at her and she was my step-mum’s doppelgänger! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I thought perhaps I was seeing what I wanted to see, so I just said the word “Grandma” to my sons and then looked across. Their faces were as shocked as mine.
I still go to the same dentist but the painting isn’t there now and I’ve never seen the woman since either.

Also, on the actual first anniversary of my step-mum’s death, my brother was sitting at his PC. The chair he was sitting on had been my step-mum’s and he had been given it after she died. Suddenly he found himself on the floor - the seat had actually sheared off from the metal base. He was so shocked that it had happened on the first anniversary of her death. He telephoned me to tell me what a coincidence it was that it had happened that day. I asked him what time did it break? He said “5pm, why?” I replied “and what time did our step-mum die?”
Yes, you’ve guessed it, she died at 5pm exactly a year before.
She obviously didn’t want him to have her chair!

• Wow
I went travelling few years ago and spent 2016 in Australia, came home in October 2016.
A few weeks later I went on a tinder date with a guy in the next town over. Turns out he had came home from Australia 3 days before me. When we shared stories and picks, we realized we had been in the same places at the same time for the three months prior to coming home.

We are now in a relationship and living together :giggle::giggle:

37BBL

VIP Member
We went on holiday this year to menorca, my son is in the swimming pool and shouts he is playing with his friend from school. Sure as anything, his friend from school was at the same hotel as us.

We've also met a family who lived 2 streets away from us, whilst on a Mediterranean cruise.

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
Gréât thread.
Me and my husband met in a coffee shop near my home when we were dating and I would go every day and on the weekends with my now husband.
We moved in together and moved area.

On our official marriage day we were leaving the registry office and heard someone cheer for us it was the owner of the coffee shop.
I still to this day think it’s crazy.

• Heart

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
When I was pregnant me & my partner decided on our name for a boy very early on. Never really decided on a name. As we were walking to the hospital for our 20 week scan to find out the sex of the baby, we walked past a book shop that had all books of baby names on - the whole row that we walked past were the boy name we had picked! As we were on the bus there, a little boy was on the bus and his Mum shouted his name, and it was the name we chose! Then when we were waiting for the scan there was a woman sat waiting with another little boy, who was also called the name we chose. There was a TV in the waiting room and there was a story about a little boy - with the name we chose! Then I went for my scan and it was indeed a boy. I don’t know if that counts a coincidence but there were just so many signs that I was gonna have a boy that one day 😅 and now he’s here and he has the name!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Once as a kid I was asleep in bed when I suddenly woke up and sat straight up. Then a shelf fell down where my head would have been 😂 I was grateful for that coincidence.

• Wow

Paxobeans

Chatty Member
I tell this story at any opportunity.

My group of 8 pals and I were our early 20s and single, living at home in Liverpool. Went for a girlie weekend away down in Birmingham. While there, my friend Laura slept with this local guy. She was wasted, couldn't remember his name. Thought nothing of it. I didn't get a good look at him myself.

The next year, we all went to visit Laura at uni up in Newcastle. We had a night out. Very drunk. Laura meets a guy and is snogging his face off in the club. He looked vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't place him. He ended up going home with her and staying over. He had breakfast with us all in Laura's kitchen the next day so we got to have a good look at him and I was trying to work out where I'd seen him before. Laura was still in bed so didn't actually see him in the cold light of day! He didn't recognise any of us and said he'd never met Laura till last night. He went back to his halls. A few hours later our other friend Leanne realised he was the guy Laura had slept with from Birmingham! So she'd slept with him twice, a year apart and in totally different cities, without realising it was the same guy. And I don't think he'd recognised her either! 😂

Now, fast forward 4 years and we're all in our mid-20s and have dispersed around the country. We decide to meet up back home in Liverpool for a night out.

You can see where this is going...

We went to our favourite club and we're all dancing etc. Laura goes to the bar with Claire and Leanne. Claire and Leanne return with shots. Laura has gone AWOL. Me and Leanne go off to find her. We ended up going outside so we could hear to phone her, and there she is in the smoking area speaking to THE SAME GUY. We were screaming! Ran up to her to tell her and she was adamant it wasn't, but we KNEW as we'd actually seen him properly when we were in Newcastle, unlike her! Lol. So we asked him and everything matched up - he'd been to uni in Newcastle, originally from Birmingham, and was visiting friends now in Liverpool. She'd actually never seen him outside of dark clubs, taxis etc until this point and didn't believe us it was the same guy. He hadn't recognised her either! I swear if we'd not interrupted it would have happened a THIRD TIME. I think we killed the mood. She did snog him though!

It doesn't end there...

Last year (we're in our mid-30s now so this is about 10 years after seeing him in Liverpool), we had a mini hen do for Claire up in Edinburgh. We were having afternoon tea at Harvey Nichol's and guess who walked in? THE GUY. With his wife/girlfriend. And they'd booked the table next to us. We were actually crying laughing! He pretended not to know us for a minute then realised he couldn't get away with it as we were screaming different city names at him. We ended up buying them both a drink and making them write dares for the bride for later, poor man. His wife was very amused!

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!
Oh come on… that story HAS to end with them ending up together and living happily ever after 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Itsmedoctortea

VIP Member
My sister, brother and I were all born on a Saturday.

Back when i was 15 i was in my last class of the day and got to thinking about how awful it would be if someone i knew had died and i had to be taken out of class etc etc - Bell rings and i walk out the school doors to my mum waiting in the carpark (knew something was wrong as i normally walked home) Turns out my best friend had got in an accident and died that morning.

• Sad
  • Wow

KfBr

VIP Member
I've googled people, or looked up people from my past on facebook etc, then the next day they've died.
Happened 4 times. My friends now joke when they're having a tough time 'oh why don't you just google me and this will be over'.
I do this!! I also say things like “I can’t believe their still together” ... days later they split up 🤔🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
hold on, why on earth were they holding a poo!!! 😂 😂

This happened in 2017/18 and i still ask myself that question constantly!
I didn't realise at the time on the ship that I already had met her nan and grandad, and I have since (keeping a straight face was really challenging)
In the nicest way possible, her grandad is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and I think maybe he had a dodgy holiday tum somewhere on deck and his solution was to wrap it in tissue and go back to the cabin. If it was me I would've A) held on and ran to the loo, if that wasn't possible B) lobbed it overboard and not got in a lift with other people.

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Last November I was moving a lit candle from one room to another. It was burning my fingers and it was raining outside. My husband had some music on. At the exact same moment as I was moving the candle, I heard Axl Rose singing "and it's hard to hold a candle in the cold November Rain". 😂

Everytime I've heard that song since, I think of that moment when everything aligned so perfectly 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

rivermonster

VIP Member
Bumped randomly into someone I knew from the UK, while on holidays in Canada a number of years ago. The other person was also on holiday.
We had the upstairs of our business painted and decorated and saw one of the guys every morning when he came down for a bacon sandwich then to say bye. On the Friday he said - see you in a couple of weeks as we are going on holiday on Sunday, so are we.
On the Monday we were checking into a hotel in India when I heard a voice say - hello Mrs River, fancy seeing you here. It was the painter and his wife who were also staying there for a couple of nights before flying on elsewhere. Next time we saw him was when I was making his bacon sandwich
😯

• Wow
Reactions: 12

LLJ

I work in the NHS treating patients with cancer. One day my boyfriend who works in a school and is the head of a year group phoned to say he was going home early. He was due to have a meeting with a child's nan that afternoon to discuss the child's progress so far that year. He was stood in the school reception and saw her car in the car park but she didn't appear to be getting out. He walked over to the car but she had died. He pulled her out of the car to perform cardiac arrest but it was too late. He said to me that she had recently had some treatment for lung cancer and was not very well. When he told me the name it was a woman who I had spoken to many times and she had treatment in the department I work in. Very very strange feeling!

• Wow

Poddular

VIP Member
I have many co incidences to do with how small the world is but the best one is hubby and I used to go camping at least one weekend a month in the summer to a tiny hamlet up north of England. Whenever we walked ,drove or cycled past this particular seat we always used to see the same man sat there eating from a lunchbox. It was part of the holiday and we used to get upset if he wasn't there.
Imagine our surprise when we were on the train to Edinburgh a few years later and saw him sat at a station with buttybox about 50 miles from where we normally saw him.
But the real coincidence was we were due to go camping in Dorset a few years later, we had to cancel it due to bereavement but rescheduled for the next month. On our first day down there we watched people get off a holiday coach and there he was! All that week we saw him sat on a seat in Dorset with his lunchbox.
I have many other unbelievably coincidental chance meetings home and abroad that took my breath away at the time.

• Wow
  • Heart

sallycinnamon

My time of birth was 15:34, I have two sisters, ones time of birth was 08:34, the other’s 13:34. Then I had my son, his time of birth was 20:34, a few years later, birth of my daughter was 07:34! Perhaps our families lucky number should be 34?

• Wow