Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Slightly different to meeting the same people over but I did something weird once. I was at an event with my old job one Christmas - a community event for families. At the end, we helped the organiser to pack things away and put large amounts of wrapping paper (from Santa) into black bin liners. Then someone from our group lost her ring. Somehow I knew where it was, walked outside to the large bin with around 50 black bags, pulled one out, opened it up and there was the ring. I have no idea how I did it!

• Wow
Reactions: 25

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Years ago I was seeing this lad who I’ve stayed friends with over the years, anyway when we used to go out he always used to buy me white choc kinder buenos cos I loved them. The other day I randomly bought myself a white choc kinder bueno, sat down and was about to eat it when my phone pinged, it was the lad, havent spoken to him for ages but he sent me a pic of white choc kinder bueno and put ‘just eat this and made think of you’ so were both eating a white choc kinder bueno at the same time 😂 so weird

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Back in 2020 my partner & I decided to try for baby number 2.
My then 7 year olds birthday was coming up (week before Christmas) and we asked him what he would like for them he replied "a baby brother and sister, twins!) He obviously didn't know we were trying for a baby.
Fast forward to Feb 2021 I found out I was pregnant, at an emergency scan I found out I was definitely pregnant and just like my son has requested, it was bloody twins!
And here we are with 14month old twins🤣
Not asked him what he wants for his birthday or Christmas since!

Last edited:

yankydoo

Chatty Member
I went on a girl's trip to Zante about 15 years ago and met a group of guys. A few weeks later I went to Thorpe Park and two guys from the same group were in the same queue as me for a ride!

Growing up in the South of England, my uncle was always single. He had a type and the few women he dated always looked the same. Basically they all looked the same as his first ever girlfriend, and only ever love. They were together at school, back in the country we originate from. She moved to the USA for university and they lost touch.

About 10 years ago this lady found my dad on Facebook (my uncle is not on social media and would have been very hard to find). She got in touch with my dad who then put her in touch with my uncle and they have been married ever since! How cute!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Ive heard St Anthony (also known as St smooth toes) has fab feet....

just saying 😐 don’t go blaming your mam.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Twinkle485

Not sure it’s a coincidence but I can not talk to someone for ages then randomly think of them and that day or week they will either phone or text 😂 it happens all the time so so freaky

Reactions: 22

dressagediva

I tell this story at any opportunity.

My group of 8 pals and I were our early 20s and single, living at home in Liverpool. Went for a girlie weekend away down in Birmingham. While there, my friend Laura slept with this local guy. She was wasted, couldn't remember his name. Thought nothing of it. I didn't get a good look at him myself.

The next year, we all went to visit Laura at uni up in Newcastle. We had a night out. Very drunk. Laura meets a guy and is snogging his face off in the club. He looked vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't place him. He ended up going home with her and staying over. He had breakfast with us all in Laura's kitchen the next day so we got to have a good look at him and I was trying to work out where I'd seen him before. Laura was still in bed so didn't actually see him in the cold light of day! He didn't recognise any of us and said he'd never met Laura till last night. He went back to his halls. A few hours later our other friend Leanne realised he was the guy Laura had slept with from Birmingham! So she'd slept with him twice, a year apart and in totally different cities, without realising it was the same guy. And I don't think he'd recognised her either! 😂

Now, fast forward 4 years and we're all in our mid-20s and have dispersed around the country. We decide to meet up back home in Liverpool for a night out.

You can see where this is going...

We went to our favourite club and we're all dancing etc. Laura goes to the bar with Claire and Leanne. Claire and Leanne return with shots. Laura has gone AWOL. Me and Leanne go off to find her. We ended up going outside so we could hear to phone her, and there she is in the smoking area speaking to THE SAME GUY. We were screaming! Ran up to her to tell her and she was adamant it wasn't, but we KNEW as we'd actually seen him properly when we were in Newcastle, unlike her! Lol. So we asked him and everything matched up - he'd been to uni in Newcastle, originally from Birmingham, and was visiting friends now in Liverpool. She'd actually never seen him outside of dark clubs, taxis etc until this point and didn't believe us it was the same guy. He hadn't recognised her either! I swear if we'd not interrupted it would have happened a THIRD TIME. I think we killed the mood. She did snog him though!

It doesn't end there...

Last year (we're in our mid-30s now so this is about 10 years after seeing him in Liverpool), we had a mini hen do for Claire up in Edinburgh. We were having afternoon tea at Harvey Nichol's and guess who walked in? THE GUY. With his wife/girlfriend. And they'd booked the table next to us. We were actually crying laughing! He pretended not to know us for a minute then realised he couldn't get away with it as we were screaming different city names at him. We ended up buying them both a drink and making them write dares for the bride for later, poor man. His wife was very amused!

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

wearedoomed

Back in 1995, I worked with a guy from Scotland for a couple of years and then lost touch after changing jobs.

In 1998 went on a trip to Canada, staying in Banff. One day we went up to one of the nearby resorts to ski and decided to stop for a beer in one of the chalet bars on the mountain.

Whilst sat there, I heard someone call my name and assumed there was another person with the same name in the bar. Nope, it was my ex colleague from Scotland who had chosen that same day, same resort and same bar to stop in.

Turns out he’d emigrated to Canada the previous year and was living in Edmonton. I can’t even imagine the odds of it happening.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Gizmo92

My cousin was travelling to Florida alone and sat next to a girl for the whole flight. They got chatting and then went their separate ways when the plane landed. He regretted not asking for her number. Anyway 10 days later he gets on his flight home and he is sat next to the same girl! Fast forward 5 years and they are now married!!

One other - My dad owns this old pocket watch from my great great grandfather. Anyway 7 years ago my grandfather died at 20:15. The pocket watch has stopped on that exact time. We haven’t touched it since!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I have this really weird thing that freaks people out! I can be somewhere and feel that someone I know is near me! As in I can feel who it is and how close they are and then I’ll turn round and look for them and they’ll always be there. It’s the weirdest thing ever! I’ve always done it so I just found it pretty normal tbh and just thought it was a good way of finding people, until I was in a train station (in Edinburgh) on a college trip and I started looking round cos I could feel a guy I went to secondary school with was there and I hadn’t seen him for a few years cos he lived in London and I wanted to see him and catch up. My lecturer was astounded and a bit freaked out when my friend came towards us and I spotted him 😂 this was back in 2002 so way before social media. I’ve bumped into so many people I know because of this. One time on a flight to lanzarote I had to go up the plane and look because there was someone up there I knew that I hadn’t seen for about 10 years. I don’t travel that far just now with covid etc so it’s usually just supermarkets or in pubs and restaurants I get it now. I’m so used to it that I don’t really pay attention unless it’s either someone I don’t want to see or someone I really want to see lol. When I tell people they just think it’s nonsense until they’ve seen it happen for themselves. I have no explanation for it And definitely don’t think it’s any sort psychic ability. It’s just like a strange sixth sense thing I have and it makes me laugh to see people find it so creepy

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
This isn’t a coincidence really but it’s spooked me all the same 😂😳

for Christmas I got lots of cosmetics/skincare and a big see-through pouch to put them in. ever Since I’ve used about four or five things religiously, cleanser, eyebrow kit, lip balm, hand cream and foot cream. Got out of the shower one day last week, used the creams, put them back into the pouch. Went to use them that evening, couldn’t find the foot cream. Pulled everything out of the pouch and it wasn’t in there, looked through it and it wasn’t there. Now bearing in mind this is a MASSIVE colourful tube, it’s not small/hidden by anything in there. So retraced my steps and went back to the bathroom thinking I’d left it on the side or someone had put it on the shelf but there was nothing there. Said to mum omg I can’t believe you let [niece] use my foot cream, she had no idea what I was on about. Went to niece, ‘omg I can’t believe you used my foot cream give it back’ - and she had no clue either.

Gave up in the end, carried on using what I had left, did my brows etc. Went to use the creams to take my make up off last night, moaning to mum that I still couldn’t find my foot cream and had to buy another... she told me to pray to Saint Anthony, patron saint of lost things. “🙄 alright” I thought, grudgingly said the prayer... walked upstairs, opened the pouch and there was the foot cream staring at me, laying on top of my eyebrow kit as if I had just used it!
Three times I had pulled every single thing out of that pouch and it was empty... and then it was just there. Completely baffled me and really spooked Mum but teaches me to roll my eyes at Saint Anthony! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Fanaff

VIP Member
My brother and his wife had a baby a few months ago. They picked the only two names my husband and I had picked for my daughter had she been a boy! We never told anyone what she would have been called so I couldn’t believe it when we were told what my nephew was called!

• Wow
Reactions: 19

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
When I was young, I liked to go fishing with my dad. He had a beautiful signet ring with a ruby in it that was given to him by his dad.
One day, when he "threw" his line into the lake, the ring came flying off his finger. He was gutted, we looked all around for it but it was no where to be seen.
About 3 weeks later, we went again - we had a spot the opposite side of the lake. As I sat down, I noticed something catch the light - right on the bank of the lake was my dads ring!!
It still gives me shivers to think about it!

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Throw_Away

I made a throwaway for this as I have told a few people in real life my strange coincidence story!! (It's a bit long!!)

When I was 17 in my last year of school I had a very strange dream one night. I was somewhere in America by myself and trying to cross a huge busy highway, 4 lanes of traffic going each way. Loads of people were crossing ahead of me, running across the road when there was a gap in the traffic, but every time they got to the middle a beam of white light would come down on them and they would fall to their knees, look skyward and be hit by cars and lorries. It was really scary. I eventually made a run for it and halfway across the road the light hit me, I could feel it almost physically slowing me down and pulling me to look up but I resisted and ran on, making it to the other side.

On the other side of the road was a lovely, quiet and peaceful park, no noise from the traffic. Full of beautiful trees and flowers and a big pond. I was tired from running across the road so I sat on a bench looking towards the pond. While I was sat there an elderly man approached and asked if he could sit beside me, and I said yes. We began talking and he said his name was Arthur Miller - well, I got very excited then as we had studied one of his plays for A-Level English Literature. We had a chat about that and after a while he said it was lovely to meet me but he had to go, and he got up and left.

The next morning the first thing I did when I saw my mum was tell her about my weird dream, she agreed it was strange and I thought no more of it. Later on I was checking my email and when I signed out I got the usual MSN news page. One of the headline stories that day? "Playwright Arthur Miller Dies" - my jaw nearly hit the floor. A noise of shock came out of my mouth that I hadn't made before, or since 😂 I shouted on my mum and she came through to witness what I had just saw - the WEIRDEST feeling ever. The time he died in Connecticut would have been while I was asleep at home.

I used to get really vivid dreams a lot when I was younger, but only do occasionally now. I recently had a dream that I was staying in a hotel and had to walk through a wedding reception which was taking place in the hotel to reach my room. As I walked through I noticed my mum's friend and all her family sat at one of the tables. Again, I told my mum I had a funny dream which her friend had appeared in. Just a few days after I had seen them in my dream my mum told me that her friend's mother had passed away 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 17

annanuttall

VIP Member
We (husband and I) rented a flat in kind-of retirement street. We were the youngest living there. Anyway, previously we rented a place in Ealing while my husband was at uni - Castlebar road flat.
Got talking to my neighbour who lived in the retirement street and she mentioned she used to live in Ealing and was living on Castlebar road flat, I asked her what number flat she was - the same exact one we were renting. She moved out and put the place up for rent and we moved into her old place just after her.
How strange is that?!

Reactions: 17

Sandra_1984

I moved from east Anglia to Australia, started a new job and one of my colleagues recognised me from when we were at uni (I didn't remember her though).

Gosh, I love threads like these! Just makes me think of fate.

Reactions: 16

Spencerskates

VIP Member
My parents had been told they couldn’t have kids, and had decided to go down the adoption route rather than IVF, and were just about to get started when my Dad’s Mum passed away suddenly. Her funeral, my Mum realised she couldn’t fasten her trousers... 9 months later, along came me, the only one out of 12 grandchildren with red hair and freckles, the same as my Grandma had.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Spinidge

VIP Member
I went to Berlin a few years ago with my friend. We went to art galleries, museums, the TV Tower etc and everyday for 4 days we saw the same family of 6, wherever we went!! We never spoke with them as we heard them talking and they were Dutch. We couldn't believe the coincidence but stranger still, we even saw them near our gate at the airport to go home to different countries!! Silly coincidence but I remember it well 😊😊

Reactions: 15

Nannycaff54

I went to Florida in November with my daughter, grandson and family friend. We went to reception to get I trolley tickets and my daughter said, I’m sure that’s Dan over there. I said don’t be silly, why would Dan be here . Dan is the son of my ex husbands army friend who we have known for 35 years and used to holiday together. She went over and sure enough it was Dan. I hadn’t seen him for at least 30 years although I kept track of him through social media. What are the chances of that, out of all the hotels in Orlando, he should be in our one at the same time. I was so happy to see him again.

• Wow
  • Heart
I used to have a cat called Orion who ran away. About four years ago he suddenly turned up at a vets out of the blue. He'd been home on and off over the years but would never stay but apparently he'd stayed with the lady who handed him in for a few weeks.
She told the vet she'd fallen in love with him and that if no-one claimed him she'd love to re-home him. I decided that as much as I loved him he was clearly happier with her than he was with me so contacted her and she came to collect him. She wanted to change his name to Leo and I said it was really fitting because his original name had been after a massive stuffed Lion - think real life size - that my parents bought themselves when they got married and who had pride of place in their lounge throughout my childhood.

Fast forward to this week. My parents had their house valued and the estate agent was chatting away about her elderly cat and how she had him off a lady round the corner and showed them photos and told them about his history and how he got his name... cue my parents saying "errr, yes, there's the original Orion". So random. The lady was thrilled and took photos of stuffed Orion 😆.

The only other weird coincidence I can think of was bumping into my next door neighbour in the swimming pool at a holiday park 200 miles away from where we live.

• Wow
  • Heart