Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Children’s dad Grandparents died 2 days before each other birthdays. When his nan died all clocks in her house stopped.

Met the children’s dad on the 17th, moved into our house on the 17th, kids both born on the 17th. (Different months obviously)

Not a coincidence but Friday 13th is always a great day for me!

Reactions: 1

Melian

VIP Member
My dad has a brother and cousin with the same first name and surname. Both born in the same year. Their cousin was born in a different country.

One of mum's half brothers has the same name as my dad. Her brothers birthday is the same date as their wedding anniversary.

chocolate choux

VIP Member
It’s not that strange but when I was pregnant with my daughter, her father and I quite easily agreed to a first name but had major disagreements about the middle name. He wanted to name her after his grandmother, an old fashioned name, which I agreed to except I wanted to spell it the Irish way which is pronounced a little different. Eventually he reluctantly agreed. Then she was born a day after one of his sisters, who has a first name that starts with the same letter and is kinda similar to my daughters name. He’s not close to his siblings so he was surprised to find out that same sister had the same middle name as my daughter, spelled the same way. Weird how I felt so adamant about her name being spelled/pronounced that way for no reason, just to find out his parents obviously preferred it decades earlier

Another weird thing about her name... after she was born I found out her first name had been used as a U.K. storm name that occurred on her due date (she was born early though so that’s not her birthday)

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
One brother is born 8/6 my other brother is 14/6
My younger brother is 14/4 my sister is the 8/1
And my youngest sister was born on my 20th birthday and we had our 1st and 21st birthday together!

Elmhart

Short and sweet. But my husband and I share the same birthday and are the same age.

I met a mum friend with no connections at all. I later found out her mother in law lives next door to my sister.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Aww I’ve loved reading through this thread! I have a few..

1. At my friend’s wedding (we met at work) my dad dropped off my then boyfriend for the evening do and picked up my mum who’d come to the day part. He asked me my friends maiden name, tapped her dad on the shoulder - turns out they’d played football together as kids. They have old team photos with each other on.

2. Because of an admin error when scheduling classes at sixth form, my now-husband was put in the wrong English class (lit, not language like he’d chosen). We met on the first day of sixth form (I’d transferred in from another school) and he decided to stay in Lit instead 🤣 the rest is history... we got married this year, 15 years to the week we first met.

And my best one..

3. Randomly one summer, I met the front man of a super famous band from my hometown in our local garden centre (lol). I went bright red and nearly died because I am a huge fan, my mum asked if we could have a picture and he was so nice and chatted to us and took a photo with me. The next day we’d gone out for dinner at a local restaurant and I was telling my dad and sister about it, and my sister was dying of jealousy. I looked up out of the window to see the front man walking past again, so we went out to say hello and my sister got her pic too 🤣
Who was the singer?

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
My partners birthday and my birthday are on the 4th and 7th of (the same but not really relevant) month. Our children were born on the 14th and 17th of different months but I still find it a funny coincidence that our birthdates feature either a number 4 or a number 7.

Thats all I got.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Not a big coincidence but quite amusing. My friend has the same name (all first and second names) as a father and son who both have the same name and all live within 5 miles off each other.

Bitchandstitch

That’s like us, theres 12 days between 3 of us in our house.. I’m due my 2nd baby the day before my birthday too and we’ve 4 other birthdays in the same month 😂😂 my granny was like you couldn’t have picked another month no 🤣
haha! Crazy isn't it? 4 of my cousins birthday are also in the same month. So my family always moan about it being an expensive one 😂😂 Luckily my kids are quite evenly spread out, none is said month yet...😂😂

Hollaaa

VIP Member
A work colleague lent me a book on something to do with our work, which turned out to quote a different book by a relative of a friend, who writes about a completely different subject.

Veronica

Chatty Member
Looked at this forum but couldn’t find any.

I once had a unbelievable coincidence once and it’s 100% true & id like to hear yours!!

on a particular hectic week we had booked a holiday to Newquay but had to attend a wedding in the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday. So on Friday we made the long trip up north but not before a spot of breakfast in a cafe. At the table at the side of us was a young couple with a small baby who we didn’t take much notice of but I picked up the babies dummy when she’d dropped it.
They left and so did we afew minutes after.

about 3 hours into the journey we decided to have a break and nip into McDonald’s in a service station. And about 3 tables down from us, was the young couple from breakfast earlier! We noticed one another and smiled in acknowledgement. Anyway it gets weirder!!
We finished our trip and we’re stopping at my husbands uncles house in a small Yorkshire dale village called Kettlewell as the wedding was in a neighbourhood village, anyone who knows Kettlewell will know its remote and not much there, we nipped into the local pub for tea and guess who walks in? Yes the young couple from earlier! Absolutely unbelievable! Turns out they lived up there and it was their favourite pub. We are still close family friends now!

anyone else have any??
[/QUOTE

I went on a wild girls holiday in 1999 to Ayia Napa. I met my now husband (he lived 200 miles away at the TIME). His best mate met a girl the same holiday and they got married. My friend was there at the same time as me(different group) he met a girl and they're still married!
And we've all had 2 daughters!!!!

Starange eh!?

Hollaaa

VIP Member
My sister's kids' birthdays are 7/11 and 24/7 but she's the only one of our siblings and cousins of our generation in the family not to have lived in America.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
One brother is born 8/6 my other brother is 14/6
My younger brother is 14/4 my sister is the 8/1
And my youngest sister was born on my 20th birthday and we had our 1st and 21st birthday together!
I have 4 Facebook friends who have kids with birthdays on the same day and one with birthdays on adjacent days. They all think they are unique.

My due date was only a couple of weeks after my older child's birthday, I was terrified it was going to happen to us too( it didn't) .

seaborgium

Short and sweet. But my husband and I share the same birthday and are the same age.

I met a mum friend with no connections at all. I later found out her mother in law lives next door to my sister.
My mum and my dad's friend/colleague are the same birthday and age, except he was born in Australia and her Scotland.

Edinburgh is like a giant village, you usually only need to name an organisation or name and have at least one connection. For example, a friend asked how I knew Karen, ex work colleague, he'd worked with her twenty years before as well as a girl I was at school with. A Canadian online friend, who I knew from chatrooms I used to moderate, asked how I knew Ally (another ex-work colleague), turned out when travelling around Canada he'd stayed with her sister!

Corky

I was in Australia for 6 months, prior to going I was given the address of a colleague I worked with previously and suggested I meet up with her. I got to Melbourne and called the number, her flatmate told me she was away on holidays for a few weeks. We then headed to Cairns the following week and were sitting in a pub drinking when she walked in.

Kake20

It’s not the most interesting but, all the females in my family have things relating in order from the number 20.

So, my sister and daughters birthdays are both the 20th, we grew up in a house numbered 21, my birthday is the 22nd which is also my nans house number, my mums birthday is the 23rd and my nans birthday is the 24th

All birthdays are different months but I always found it fascinating they went in some sort of order!