Anti Conspiracy Theories - a place to discuss the stuff you’re seeing online that’s winding you up!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it can get very out of hand because I imagine it must attract a shitload of bandwagon jumpers who will read a small piece of (mis)information and then start falsey accusing an innocent person. Like vigilantes who don't know the difference between paedophile and paediatrician who then provoke a doctor's house to get firebombed.
I agree with you about “some” vigilantes, however, without the help of a group of animal lovers, Luka Magnotta would never have been caught!!
I know I previously mentioned it, but this documentary about how he was caught, is really interesting (and shocking). It’s a really famous case, so you have probably seen it, but just incase you or anyone else is interested in how this all happened...

Reactions: 3
I agree with you about “some” vigilantes, however, without the help of a group of animal lovers, Luka Magnotta would never have been caught!!
I know I previously mentioned it, but this documentary about how he was caught, is really interesting (and shocking). It’s a really famous case, so you have probably seen it, but just incase you or anyone else is interested in how this all happened...

One positive case doesn’t balance out the multiple other examples of vigilantes, fuelled by misinformation and fear, causing harm to innocent people though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

To anyone interested in this case, Netflix did a programme on it.

Also the Netflix documentary Don’t F*ck With Cats about this case is pretty good too!

(Though the bits with cats, whilst not fully shown, really upset me 😩)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One positive case doesn’t balance out the multiple other examples of vigilantes, fuelled by misinformation and fear, causing harm to innocent people though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

To anyone interested in this case, Netflix did a programme on it.
I never said it did!! however, this is a very famous case that was cracked by an online community of animal lovers who were absolutely determined to track him down, and bring him to justice, and they succeeded!! Also, the documentary you mentioned is pretty vile (going into detail as to what he did). That’s why I posted this one.

Also the Netflix documentary Don’t F*ck With Cats about this case is pretty good too!

(Though the bits with cats, whilst not fully shown, really upset me 😩)
Oh, I’m exactly the same!! I just couldn’t watch his videos in that documentary. The one I posted does speak about what he did, but it’s not as graphic as the Netflix one.
By the way, if anyone is interested in true crime documentaries, the story about Jaycee Lee Dugard is really interesting. She’s the woman who was kidnapped at the age of 11, and wasn’t found until 18 years later. She also had 2 children (with the man who kidnapped her). I also read her autobiography in 2 days.

Last edited:
Oh, I’m exactly the same!! I just couldn’t watch his videos in that documentary. The one I posted does speak about what he did, but it’s not as graphic as the Netflix one.
By the way, if anyone is interested in true crime documentaries, the story about Jaycee Lee Dugard is really interesting. She’s the woman who was kidnapped at the age of 11, and wasn’t found until 18 years later. She also had 2 children (with the man who kidnapped her). I also read her autobiography in 2 days.
Jaycee is such an inspiration, her book made me cry. She is such a kind and beautiful soul even after all she went through! She hasn’t let it beat her down at all.

(sorry for off topic my fellow antis 😂)

• Heart
I never said it did!! however, this is a very famous case that was cracked by an online community of animal lovers who were absolutely determined to track him down, and bring him to justice, and they succeeded!! Also, the documentary you mentioned is pretty vile (going into detail as to what he did). That’s why I posted this one.
Yeah, I have read about the crime he committed against Jun Lin, but I didn’t watch the Netflix doc after my sister warned me the cat scenes would devastate me, poor babies. 😢

If all internet sleuthing could be as successful and positive as this case, I’d be all for it. Sadly, what happened to that chap in the Cecile Hotel saga is really unfair. All because of his appearance/persona.

Jaycee is such an inspiration, her book made me cry. She is such a kind and beautiful soul even after all she went through! She hasn’t let it beat her down at all.

Omg the Garrido’s are absolute monsters. I’ve watched many docs and vids on this case.

One kidnapping that was in the news a couple years ago was the teen girl Jayme Closs. What happened to her was horrific, I’m glad she was found alive.

Sorry, I won’t derail this thread with true crime. Watching docs, reading and listening to podcasts about true crime / murder cases/ unsolved mysteries etc. May be my biggest hobby 😂🤓🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart

I agree!! She’s definitely an inspirational woman!!
I got very upset when I saw some people were slating her, and all because she received $20 million compensation from the state of California. but after watching a few interviews with her, I think she would gladly swap that money if she could go back in time...
Anyway, thanks for the chat!!

Yeah, I have read about the crime he committed against Jun Lin, but I didn’t watch the Netflix doc after my sister warned me the cat scenes would devastate me, poor babies. 😢

If all internet sleuthing could be as successful and positive as this case, I’d be all for it. Sadly, what happened to that chap in the Cecile Hotel saga is really unfair. All because of his appearance/persona.
Absolutely. I'm delighted that this piece of tit was caught, especially as a cat lady myself, and all credit to the sleuths who did it. I'm sure there are genuine and ethical ones out there. That's why I used the term "bandwagon jumpers" in an earlier post. The Cecil Hotel sleuths made a lot of mistakes and in turn provoked lots of people (who were not "sleuths") to seriously harass a completely innocent man and basically ruin his life.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I do feel bad for that ‘Morbid’ guy. I also thought the timing of the documentary was probably unfortunate in that way, because of the Marilyn Manson stuff coming out and bolstering all those arguments that people who dress a certain way/are into the darker side of life must have something disturbing about them. (Clearly not true but just made me think of him when I saw the guy because he had been in the press a lot.)

• Heart

Is this the one on Netflix too, about cats? It sounds interesting but the content seems very distressing for me, I've never got the nerve to watch it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Omg the Garrido’s are absolute monsters. I’ve watched many docs and vids on this case.

One kidnapping that was in the news a couple years ago was the teen girl Jayme Closs. What happened to her was horrific, I’m glad she was found alive.

Sorry, I won’t derail this thread with true crime. Watching docs, reading and listening to podcasts about true crime / murder cases/ unsolved mysteries etc. May be my biggest hobby 😂🤓🙈
Me too !!! I’m another massive true crime “fan” (I don’t like to call myself that - as it implies that I agree with it - which I definitely do not !!)
I haven’t heard about the Jaymee Closs case, so, that’s another rabbit hole for me to explore tomorrow!! Thanks for that!!
(I’m going back to the CT thread, it’d be great to see you guys over there!! (But I won’t hold my breath!!). ....😉😬

Is this the one on Netflix too, about cats? It sounds interesting but the content seems very distressing for me, I've never got the nerve to watch it.
It’s basically the same story, but without the sick videos (As I couldn’t watch that stuff either) The documentary that I posted focuses more on his psychology, and how the internet community tracked him down.

Last edited:
I don’t agree with the whole narrative of people who believe all this ‘great reset, we are all going to end up in some orwellian situation/Qanon/trump saviour’ have mental health issues or any of that stuff. Mostly because I wouldn’t want to tar people with mental health issues with that brush.

But I do feel like there is something inherently wrong with people who really beleive, to be so detached from reality and to believe things with absolutely no evidence? So adamantly too? They also seem to have some kind of superiority complex.

Is it some sort of part of your personality or brain that makes you more susceptible to this stuff? Or just pure narcissism and enjoying the idea that you are ‘better’ or privy to something others aren’t?

It’s actually quite fascinating. I don’t know anyone in real life like this but those of you who do, do they have anything in common? Low intelligence maybe or perhaps have a very small world vision or something?
My mother is like this. I'm no doctor I'm not diagnosing her by any means but she does have a bunch of (covert) narcissistic traits. Very black and white thinking and shes always been very easily influenced.
With her there has always been a new obsession in her life that she wont stop talking about then gets bored of, but this has been going on for years now and has completely consumed her as a person. You cant have a conversation about anything without her going on about the great reset or whatever. She doesnt even understand the things she says when I ask her for any explanation she will happily say it's too complicated but it's TRUE I've researched it (youtube). Worryingly shes a mental health nurse

• Sad
Forgive the repitition as I’ve told this story before. A close relative of mine was murdered in a terrorist attack. I then read a CT site which claimed the attack was a “false flag” all the victims were crisis actors and showed a photo of my relative’s spouse claiming that they were also a crisis actor next to a photo of some random (who looked absolutely nothing like them) to “prove” their theory.

Absolute bleeping head-the-balls with no empathy or compassion. Me and my wider family had to go through the shock, disbelief, grief and loss and their immediate family are still suffering and always will.. Shitbags like these need locking up

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Forgive the repitition as I’ve told this story before. A close relative of mine was murdered in a terrorist attack. I then read a CT site which claimed the attack was a “false flag” all the victims were crisis actors and showed a photo of my relative’s spouse claiming that they were also a crisis actor next to a photo of some random (who looked absolutely nothing like them) to “prove” their theory.

Absolute bleeping head-the-balls with no empathy or compassion. Me and my wider family had to go through the shock, disbelief, grief and loss and their immediate family are still suffering and always will.. Shitbags like these need locking up
That's horrific, I'm sorry you and your family had to go through that, and I'm so sorry for your loss. These people think they're helping the world 🙄 when really the damage they cause is God awful.

I really don't get it when people say those involved are crisis actors. Where are all these crisis actors kept between each crisis? They don't have family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, acquaintances who would recognise them? In fact, I don't suppose they can be used again after featuring in a crisis already in case a wily CT recognises them?

Maybe they all live with the mole children.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Me too !!! I’m another massive true crime “fan” (I don’t like to call myself that - as it implies that I agree with it - which I definitely do not !!)
I haven’t heard about the Jaymee Closs case, so, that’s another rabbit hole for me to explore tomorrow!! Thanks for that!!
(I’m going back to the CT thread, it’d be great to see you guys over there!! (But I won’t hold my breath!!). ....😉😬

It’s basically the same story, but without the sick videos (As I couldn’t watch that stuff either) The documentary that I posted focuses more on his psychology, and how the internet community tracked him down.
I do read the CT thread and even commented once and was called delusional. But today is the 4th of March, some sort of day of reckoning (or something), so i will definitely be replying to that message asking what has exactly happened today as i am no longer interested in being delusional and want to be more woke. OR maybe the goal posts have moved again

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’m going back to the CT thread, it’d be great to see you guys over there!!
dolly I know you’re very active over there but I have a lot of respect for how you’ve handled yourself here ♥
I’ve said many times I find the covid stuff bizarre, and I worry the people who’ve full on bought into the covid CT theories are really struggling more than most right now (not the ones posting on line to incite “action” they can duck themselves)

At the weekend a Garda had a firework shot at him, you saw yourself there was a theory that was an actor 😕 he’s been named and arrested.
for every one CT story that might be entertaining or *might* lead to a genuine discovery. There are some bizarre and frankly dangerous ones as well.

but it for sure makes for an interesting conversation no matter the topic!

doesn’t Obama control the weather or something 😕

• Heart
Absolutely. I'm delighted that this piece of tit was caught, especially as a cat lady myself, and all credit to the sleuths who did it. I'm sure there are genuine and ethical ones out there. That's why I used the term "bandwagon jumpers" in an earlier post. The Cecil Hotel sleuths made a lot of mistakes and in turn provoked lots of people (who were not "sleuths") to seriously harass a completely innocent man and basically ruin his life.
And caused distress to the family, and implicated the hotel and the LAPD...
The latter being an organisation that is guilty of many things admittedly but not facilitating a bio agent sent to LA to kill some homeless people 🙄🙄

One of the more distressing cases of vigilante "truth hunters" actually doing nothing but causing pain to families that I've ever seen were the Hampstead hoax believers.

A mother and her boyfriend were concerned that the children's father was applying for full custody of their children. (after concerns regarding neglect occurring in their mother's care and the boyfriend having previous convictions for attacking his biological children) the pair of them tried to take the children out of the country - only to find they couldn't move abroad with the kids without the father's permission.

So instead of cleaning up their act or considering what was best for their kids livelihood...they coached the children into claiming there was a ritual satanic paedophilic child abusing cult. They claimed the kid's father led the cult, but then the members expanded out to include like half of Hampstead. The stories got more and more unbelievable - at one point even claiming that babies were eaten - but despite this there were a small toxic group of people who believed the children and went after anyone and everyone who was a parent or staff member at the school those children went to. The most "famous" of these toxic amateur sleuths is Sabine McNeill, who was eventually sentenced to 9 years in prison because she kept violating restraining orders

The dad was still getting death threats years later

Also I used to work in a role where part of my job was giving advice to people in financial difficulty. Sadly we had a couple of people phone in who'd managed to turn an entirely solvable problem into an unfixable disaster thanks to taking the advice of "freemen on the land" and some people even lost their home which would have been entirely preventable if they'd not been sucked into that rabbit hole.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Also I used to work in a role where part of my job was giving advice to people in financial difficulty. Sadly we had a couple of people phone in who'd managed to turn an entirely solvable problem into an unfixable disaster thanks to taking the advice of "freemen on the land" and some people even lost their home which would have been entirely preventable if they'd not been sucked into that rabbit hole.
I used to be on a FB group where this was rife.. the amount of vunerable people that were sucked into this was terrible.

They'd tell people to go to court with their terrible advice, then the people would come back and say they'd lost. It was tragic.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.