Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As many, no. But there were some.
What even was the logic behind outrage about enforced seatbelts? Was it literally just ‘how dare the government try to tell me what to do with my body, if I want to get mangled in a car crash they should let me’? 😳

Reactions: 7
What even was the logic behind outrage about enforced seatbelts? Was it literally just ‘how dare the government try to tell me what to do with my body, if I want to get mangled in a car crash they should let me’? 😳
Pretty much that, yeah.

Also:

The fact that they have to say this is 🤦‍♂️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Pretty much that, yeah.

Also:

The fact that they have to say this is 🤦‍♂️
It’s getting to the point where they’re actually becoming impossible to even satirize, every day they seem to reach new lows, believing more and more idiotic stuff. Social media has a lot to answer for 💀

Reactions: 10
It’s getting to the point where they’re actually becoming impossible to even satirize, every day they seem to reach new lows, believing more and more idiotic stuff. Social media has a lot to answer for 💀
These people were 100% around before social media. They just stood on street corners handing out home made magazines or similar.

Reactions: 8
Sounds like they don’t know you can get myocarditis from viruses… like Covid (speaking from experience!!) (smiles 😌)
Systematic review and meta-analysis (very robust in research) as well as being the largest study of myocarditis after vaccination or infection found:

“…that the risk of myocarditis increased by a factor of 2 and 15 after vaccination and infection, respectively. This translates into more than a 7-fold higher risk in the infection group compared to the vaccination group.”

Of course this never gets mentioned and when complications of Covid-19 infection are spoken about they are scoffed at or ignored. After all, Covid is just a cold.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m sure that did happen, but how do they think “I see” means “yes you’re completely right, I have been wrong and will no longer recommend vaccines”. Instead of “I see you‘re an anti vaxer, nothing I say will change your mind so let’s move this appointment along”.
I'd say the nod of understandment was the pivotal part. ;)

• Haha
"Do you know what myocarditis is" I asked politely, he stared with a hint of understandment.
"Today this unhinged patient actually asked me if I knew what myocarditis was! I just stared at them, trying not to laugh.

I doubt they realise the extent of my medical understandment
".

• Haha
"Do you know what myocarditis is" I asked politely, he stared with a hint of understandment. "Yes I do."

Reminds me of a cartoon about talking to cats:

What the owner says: 'Aarghh, HOW many times have I told you Cordelia, do NOT jump on the kitchen surface! it's unhygienic, god knows what cat litter or dirt or whatever you've got on your paws! Be patient, you'll get your Whiskas in a minute.'

What the cat hears: 'Blah BLAH blah blah blah Cordelia, blah BLAH blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.........'

😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Their stories about medical professionals agreeing with their antivax sentiments always make me laugh so much tbh. You just know what really happened was that they latched onto some exhausted doctor at the tail end of a 10hr shift and started spouting off about clots and the doctor was saying ‘yes yes… of course…’ just to get them to shut up so they could treat them as quick as possible and escape 💀.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It wouldn't surprise me *that* much if there were a few Anti-vaxx doctors about, tbh.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.