Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I'm in my PJs and it's quiet (apart from the dishwasher), the dog is toasty warm beside me. Husband is in bed having a snooze, cos unsurprisingly today his blood sugar went a bit wonky. Honestly feels like an average Sunday except there's more food dotted around 🤣

same here. I am trying not to be hurt about it but I am. I’m trying to think of good things and stay positive. Had a lovely dinner that I managed to eat (havent eaten in a week), strictly is on now, gogglebox later and i bought my own presents so at least I’ve opened all things I love 😂
Ooh Strictly. Thanks!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Calming thoughts sent. Unfortunately can’t supply strong alcohol….
Thanks. As expected I was terribly difficult to cater for being a vegetarian. I got to enjoy cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes, they also had pigs in blankets and pork loin.

On the flip side we went to my parents on Christmas Eve and we all had a veggie stir fry despite them not being vegetarian.

Reactions: 4

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
I had an ok Christmas but it's the whole catching up with the extended family, local friends etc this week coming, that I am dreading. There's so much pressure around this time of year to 'catch up' and acknowledge people. I feel like each year I want to see less people.
It can feel like way too much can’t it? I often wonder how many people who say they love Christmas and seeing family REALLY TRULY mean it - or feel they have to say it cos it’s the right thing to do.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to see less people and claw back some free time for yourself - resting is just as important this time of year.

Reactions: 4

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I had an ok Christmas but it's the whole catching up with the extended family, local friends etc this week coming, that I am dreading. There's so much pressure around this time of year to 'catch up' and acknowledge people. I feel like each year I want to see less people.

Reactions: 3

VIP Member
WE don't bother with xmas anymore, all that happens on the day is a Turkey Dinner and lots of chocky.
Mother is 93 and since Dad died all those years ago we hardly bother. I don't really celebrate my own
birthday but I do get a roast beef dinner and the first of the xmas puddings which Mother is making
this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I did get a last min invite to come over, but I'm actually okay and didn't feel like travelling.

I have been dreading it and blocking it out as much as possible but it hasn’t been bad so far. I’m completely ignoring the people that have dragged me down and focusing on my family.

I’ve posted on another thread to say how much pressure my daughter puts on me to have the perfect Christmas.. She hadn’t even went downstairs this morning before she said ‘It’s my birthday next!’ It’s not until August ffs 😂 She’s 13 too! She acts so spoilt.
Take note and don’t make a rod for your back like I have 🥴😂
Hope you can nip it in the bud for next year.

Reactions: 2

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
Christmas is just very anxiety inducing for me. So stressful and over stimulating.
It is. Very much so. I’m already hyper anxious about it. There’s always too much going on - too much change and no routine.

I’m really sorry you find it hard too. It can be such a challenging time - I said this in my last post on here on Boxing Day last year, I do wonder how many people who say they love it really do and really mean it. Sometimes when you scratch the surface, people aren’t as happy with it as they make out.

Reactions: 2