Anti - aging products to start using at 25

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lifestyle as well! I’m mid thirties and you can really tell who drank smoked and ate junk out of my friends 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all, sorry to ask, I have a 10 year old boy who’s starting to get pimples and blackheads. I’ve been looking for a “teen starter kit” online but I would really appreciate some recommendations as what to use. Sorry I know he’s not 25 😂 thank you in advance (i have zero skincare, I’m a terrible person who only uses face wipes)

i feel like i need to start using retinol - i have really sensitive/eczema skin though, is it an option for me?

i feel like i need to start using retinol - i have really sensitive/eczema skin though, is it an option for me?
I have extremely sensitive skin and eczema, I’ve never had a flare up using it and think it works wonders. Start out with The Ordinary and see how it goes!

Reactions: 1
There's some more retinol chat in this thread and the previous ones:

Definitely give it a go. People seem to have some luck applying their moisturisers before the retinol product at first if they have sensitive skin.

This might also be a good video to watch. I really like Dr Idriss.

Hi everyone! finally back on the skincare train since I can afford things again and was wondering what is a good retinol to start using that is affordable ?

So I've been taking care of my skin more regularly now and was wondering what anti-aging products I should be adding to my routine (since 25 is the age you should start apparently). I currently wash my face in the morning, moisterize (also at night) and put on sunscreen. I also have dry skin.

I'm a bit lost on which retinol, retinoid product I should be adding now. Or what else I should be doing.

Thanks!!
At about 23, I started using an cream and getting into the habit of cleansing, toning and moisturising (day cream with SPF and night cream without). At the time, I used Clarins for all, except for the eyes, where I used Shiseido. I'm old, so this was many years ago when a lot of today's brands hadn't yet been created.

You don't need to spend a huge amount of money to look good. I would suggest you book a facial with a handful of brands that you like the look, sound and price of, and see how they feel on your skin a few hours afterwards. Some might give you a few little samples to take home. Before you bite the bullet and buy up large, invest in some travel sizes.

I'd also urge you not to go the full hog with exfoliators, masques, etc., ... start small and introduce those things a bit later if you feel the need.

Hi everyone! finally back on the skincare train since I can afford things again and was wondering what is a good retinol to start using that is affordable ?
I've spent a small fortune over the years on skincare and if you can, I would invest in mid-range price, science led brands for serums ie Skinceuticals / Medik8. Medik8 have crystal retinal which starts at no 1 the lowest dose and you work your way up through the range as your skin gets more tolerant. I would say, you can easily save money on cleansers and moisturisers as long as you find one that your skin likes I used the Ordinary for a while, and invest in quality serums. The CSA method (Vitamin C, SPF in the AM, Vitamin A in the PM) completely transformed my skin

For ref - I use a Kiehls or Dermalogica basic cleanser in AM, followed by Medik8 Vit C, Ordinary Hylauronic acid and then Bondi Sands SPF50+

Evening - Double cleanse, Medik8 CR3 then Kiehls Midnight Recovery Essence

Im getting on (57) . I have been told I have very good skin. A lot is genetics but I haven't ever used synthetic creams on my face. I've always done facial exercises since my teens and that seems to keep the sagging away. I use either rosehip oil ,hemp or olive oil to moisturise but keeping skin clean is just as important. I use oil and then wash with hot flannel and a weekly homemade scrub to exfoliate. Sometimes an applecider vinegar mix for toning. I think facial exercises, simple and natural skincare routine and drinking water is the best thing you can do for glowing, youthful skin imo.

• Heart