Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pinkii

VIP Member
manager counts as colleague right?

Most of the time I like her but she never accepts when she is wrong and always tries to pass off any wrong doings as someone elses fault

Told me this morning that a charge i made for a customer was completely wrong, as the account was set up wrong so therefore it has messed up her report for finances and i need to look into ALL the accounts i have created to ensure this doesn’t happen again

She wasn’t happy when i went back to her to inform her, i didnt set up the account, SHE did and i just charged what she had told me per the attched email- she still mumbling and trying to pin something on me

She always does this, not just with me, but everyone!

Reactions: 13

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
Bloody hell if they agreed your leave then the cover for your role is on them. I hope your new role is awesome and you go onto great things.
Too many employers rely on a small cohort of hard workers to cover the slackers and then go into meltdown if they either are not available or can’t help.

• Heart

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
My work bestie has just left the company. HR need to offer counselling for this as it is genuinely traumatic. I feel I should be offered bereavement leave or something.

• Heart
  • Sad

TheGlossy

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’m being too cynical but one of my coworkers wants to create a couple of PowerPoint slides to wish our manager a happy birthday. She wants us to write a few paragraphs and provide pictures.

I mean, how about a virtual card? A PowerPoint, that’s way too much now. This is not school. It’s a nice gesture but we’re at work.

• Haha
  • Wow

Norfolking Good

VIP Member
Has anyone noticed that you don’t constantly get sick when WFH! It’s amazing I went in for one team away day and came out with a stinking cold and chest infection.

• Sad

Black.bird

VIP Member
Someone in our office keeps leaving the toilet unflushed after they've done #2s. This has been going on for the past fortnight, several times a day. Maybe it's more than one person? A plumber was called to make sure that everything was working as it should be (it was).

I honestly don't know who it could be as I know everyone very well - or at least I think I do ...

It's becoming a problem because not only is it a disgusting find for the next person who visits the toilet, but it stinks as they also close the window ... and the toilet is opposite the kitchen (there are doors on the toilet and kitchen but the kitchen door stays open all the time). It's got to the point now where we're all side-eyeing each other, trying to work out who it could be!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

DA Stella

Chatty Member
My company used to have a flex schedule for managers and above with every other Friday off. That policy was ended a few months ago, but my manager continues to take every other Friday off. Fine. But we also just got ordered back into the office despite my manager and HIS manager not being required to do so.
When I was a manager I NEVER subscribed to the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. When my employer added a 2:00 am shift I worked it twice each week rather than just forcing my employees to always work it. I worked just as many hours as they did. I didn't give myself holidays off if they had to work them. I just find it extremely aggravating that we lower level employees have to work Fridays and come into the office but the managers don't. Not a good look.

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
There’s this one dirty bastard that I work with and he farts ALL. THE. TIME. He doesn’t even attempt to be discreet about it, or move away from people before he lets rip. It’s absolutely vile, and it smells like an animal carcass that’s been decomposing for a week in the sun. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing me and my work colleagues are breathing in his shit particles. I actually think he‘a some sort of unhinged sexual predator that gets off knowing that we are all inhaling gas that he’s released from his anus. And the worst of it is, he doesn’t even excuse himself or apologise!
Update
Went to HR today about the dirty bastard dropping fart bombs. Turns out I wasn’t the only one who had put in a complaint. They are ‘investigating it’ and going to have a formal discussion with him. Thanks for all the advice everyone who replied 🙌🏼 my lungs are thanking me already 😂

• Heart

If you say so...

Chatty Member
I have a huge bandaid on my face and felt self-conscious during a (non work related) presentation my team gave in front of 50 people, so I had my camera off. I wasn’t a speaker as the presentation was given by one person only. Apparently they did not like it that I didn’t have my camera on.

I’m sorry but I felt uncomfortable with this thing on my face. I wasn’t even a speaker anyway but I was in the office. I honestly don’t see the big deal especially as people were looking at the screen being shared, not people’s faces.
So sorry glossy, I think this is not the company for you. Even after your move you still sound unhappy, have you considered a move to another company? Would that be possible?Life is waaay too short to go to work with shitty people for the majority of the week! Sending hugs xx

Onthehop

VIP Member
Oh yes, people who involve the office in personal stuff get on my nerves. Someone on my team has just got married this year, we got a whole year leading up to it of her bouncing up to us to show us potential colours, bridesmaid dresses, flowers, cake, on and on about deposits and how hard the guest list is to whittle down etc etc, complete and incessant updates as though we were all personally involved... It was bliss the week she was on honeymoon, nice and quiet in the office 😅 Then she came back and we got all the holiday pics, we had to crowd round her phone whilst she showed us, and all the gifts she got from her registry 🙄

Now she's looking for a new house and we are getting constant updates on their mortgage plans, possible providers, possible search areas, council tax bands etc

None of us give a shit but it's daily updates it is getting to be too much. I know more about her plans than my own life at this point. I have earbuds that I have started putting in when she starts up again, hoping she takes the hint.
We worked with someone like this. Then she got pregnant. We all lived every minute of that pregnancy too. Hell.

• Haha
  • Heart

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
@rainbowlemon you can absolutely say no! 🤍 my work are pushing this ‘employee well-being’ this year by organising activities and dinners outside of work hours. I haven’t gone to any and I’ve openly said it’s because they won’t let me work from home. I’m not gonna commute in and out every day, sit in the office for 8 hours and then head to an activity and dinner with colleagues and not land home until 10pm. That’s not good for my well-being 😂

• Heart

soph30

VIP Member
Cameras at company events, especially when they’re all about food, activities etc :) My work had cupcakes for International Women’s Day yesterday and HR wandered around getting pics of people eating/with bits of cupcakes shoved in their mouth and posted them on the Slack channel. Just get a pic of the table and everyone smiling!

• Haha

chocolatepanda6

When you know how to do certain aspects of the job and save everyone time and effort to get an early finish but your know it all trying to impress each other colleagues want to do everything in a very over involved time consuming way to achieve the same result . We recently have a new batch of 20 somethings in my work place who know everything and yet seem to spend all day phoning their parents about any and every little problem whether at work or personal life . I just don’t get it I know people in their 20s who are married with kids yet the ones I work with seem to need micro managed and babied all day it’s so draining . They also can’t do anything alone everything’s got to be arranged like they are at school and only booking training or meetings if they can go together .
this isn’t a dig at all 20 somethings it’s just these ones I work with seem so bloody immature to have the responsibility of making decisions about other peoples lives .

• Heart
Reactions: 12

MagpieTree

Group chats on Teams.

We have this group on Teams and every woman in my team banters together on it. I keep getting the “ding ding ding” bell every two seconds only to realize they’re engaging in inside jokes I personally can’t seem get into.

It reminds me of MSN days when they cool kids chatted away together and you weren’t part of the group because not cool enough.

Maybe I’m the problem lol.
We have one of these and I hate it. I don’t actually care enough about the people I work with to fake an interest in their lives. I just want to be left to get on with my job in peace, not read about their weekends.

petitspois

VIP Member
It certainly is astonishing what some people get away with.

I feel guilty after posting about Mr Slob (who I'm now going to call Mr Next-Desk-Over) the other day. Yesterday, while the usual suspects were wasting time, he was head down, bum up (so to speak), focusing on what he was doing. I didn't see him stop all morning, soI asked him if I could grab him a coffee while I was out getting one and he looked shocked, before telling me it's the first time anyone has ever offered him anything or spoken to him about anything other than work. That made me sad. After work when we all headed off to drinks I noticed he stayed behind so I grabbed one of the nice guys from my office and suggested that we go back and get him, which he thought was a good idea. Mr Next-Desk-Over was clearly happy at the gesture, albeit very nervous about coming. After a couple of drinks he was fine though, and when I left he was having great banter with a couple of the guys.

This workplace is very cliquey as it is, so anyone who's a bit different must find it a nightmare to work in. I hope MNDO feels a bit happier about coming to work in future.
Aww, @Black.bird, that was so nice of you! If this were a film he would get together with the quiet girl in Accounts.

• Haha

earlgrey

VIP Member
That's exactly it for me, you perfectly put into words the part about low level stress of an open office! Also now I go back once a week I notice how bloody uncomfortable it is to wear shoes all day. We don't get free coffee or biscuits at work and I have a coffee machine at home so not spending a fortune on coffee out, have all my food and snacks here without having to prep everything the night before, and, most importantly, save at least 8h a week of commuting time.

Also air con at the office is a huge negative for me, hate it so much!!!
I never realised working in an open plan office was causing me to be at a constant level of mild anxiety when it was an everyday thing! Everyone being able to see my massive screen (as someone doing visual type work this is awful, people seeing and commenting on half-done designs and videos), people coming up from behind me, looking over my shoulder, listening to my phone calls, trying to eat a snack or cough when it’s library quiet, getting a fright when someone comes up to me when I’m editing sound with headphones on. I can work so peacefully at home.

Black.bird

VIP Member
I called into my former workplace this morning to help someone with something they just could not understand (they took over my clients and this was something that crops up rarely and the whole process needs to be walked and talked through). I texted my former GM to get the okay first - his response was "Absolutely! Looking forward to seeing you." (I see him daily as he comes and buys coffee off me [and I don't give him a discount! 🤭 ]).

I couldn't believe how much the place has changed in the space of a few weeks. Aside from our GM, who has always had an office, we used to all sit together, open-plan style in a group. Now, the desks have been moved to face the windows right around the perimeter, leaving a big empty space in the middle where there's a pile of beanbags. It looks weird - everyone is sitting with their backs to the room when you walk in, and their screens are in full view of anyone walking past. Nobody sits on the beanbags - and I'm sure if they did, they'd be barked at to get back to work!

I'm so pleased I no longer work there. The phone kept ringing and nobody would answer it because they were too busy (legitimately busy, trying to meet impossible deadlines [there was a heck of a lot of sighing, huffing and puffing going on]), the stationery area was in a right mess with piled-up boxes and stuff jammed into shelves messily, overflowing rubbish bins and toner powder spilled all over the countertop, the GM was in his office, door shut and blind down (so nobody could see through his window) ... it seems some things never change. When I was there, a student used to come after school to help where needed, but apparently that's a thing of the past. Job done, I came away feeling like leaving was one of the best things I ever did.

• Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
I work 4 days. When people email me on my nwd, get my ooo so I reply on my next working day and they respond saying I thought you'd have picked up the email. Errr no Hun it's my nwd that I do not get paid for, I'm not even thinking about my emails!
Our version of outlook you can see the ooo before you even send the message. Makes me so mad!

Black.bird

VIP Member
A friend was given a stern talking to by her new boss at her new workplace for taking a chair she had no right to.

Nobody told her that the chair you're given is dependent on your place in the pecking order - she didn't actually have a chair to begin with, so grabbed one from what she thought was a spare desk (it was empty, but that's because the person who sits there works between two offices and carries all their stuff - except for their chair - around with them).

What a stupid policy. Just give everyone a chair that's suited to their needs and be done with it!

• Wow