Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a few instances of being very busy over the last ten years - all very genuine. I asked the part time staff if they wanted to work additional paid hours for a week or two - it was totally optional. The response I got from some was that they would do it if work paid their childcare. What???
Lol yeah that's a bit of a reach. But to be fair with the cost of childcare, it probably works out better for them not to work the extra hours and pay for childcare 😅

Reactions: 4
In the office we get eight pints of milk provided on a Monday morning to (supposedly) last us the week, along with free tea and coffee.
We're generally hybrid and there are rarely more than 10 people office based each day.

Generally by Tuesday lunchtime the milk is all gone because everyone's using it for their porridge/cereal/shakes in the mornings. I've never known anyone to go and buy more.

Selfish arseholes! 🙄
Urgh we don't have anyone in the office really anymore but pre covid we had to get rid of the milkman and there were no others delivering in the sticks so it was decided our team (finance, cos god forbid Sales should ever be distracted by a milk run) would pick a couple of 6 pinters up a couple mornings a week, annoying but whatever. Then one summer there was a gang of about 6 (none of our team) who had some kind of "several iced coffees a day" club, they would all stand in the kitchen like celebrities making these coffees like we were going to be impressed - yeah no worries I'll just duck off up the shop and go and get you some more milk shall I? Used to give me the rage!

And because we took it in turns getting the milk 97% of the time we wouldn't bother claiming it back because it was too much faff for only a few quid a month, so were also paying for the iced coffee gang to pose with their milky drinks in their Starbucks cups!

Edit - I've just remembered I would take pretty revenge and buy blue milk when it was my turn, and a secret red milk that we would keep in our little fridge in our side of the office. No wonder people always hate finance!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Management employing their friends in senior positions because they have the ‘experience’, better benefits then ‘usual’ hires in those positions and promises to the team they can start on day one hitting the ground running... the latest one is now 6 months on, ALL of the team have spent lots of time training and he still needs help😩 Its not even training on our bespoke system.

Many of the team raised concerns to the manager but he still passed his probation.

The managers response is the business has too much reporting which wasn’t his focus previously, I’m so sick of showing basic things over and over, can you make notes whilst we train this time? I’ve made me own training notes and sent them and he still asks the same questions....

Also has an issue in simple office etiquette, won’t share his outlook calendar with anyone (asked multiple time to set up training calls - mentiomed to the manager - oh I’ll ask him... weeks go by and still not shared ITS A WORK CALENDAR FGS), had his phone set up by his screen watching a live tv show with his headphones in? My manager has complained to other staff for having headphones in for music previously...

The manager is also now covering his work and not doing his role, so we are picking up the slack there too

So bored of it now!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My colleague and I run group sessions on various areas of health, the first one I did consisted of 7 sessions and I emailed her the outline of each session weeks in advance so we both knew what was covered and who was saying what. I have been supporting her with a group she’s organised but she sends through the outline 2 hours beforehand and expects me to have read it and know what I’m saying even though I am in meetings during this time! I am taking the session tomorrow as she is away so reminded her last week that I need the outline beforehand and she said she would email it to me.. well I’ve just checked my emails now and has she done it? No! Not even supposed to be working on this bank holiday but I’ve messaged her to say I need this info despite her being off on holiday for another few days.. sorry but you need to make sure you have everything covered if you’re going away and people are doing your work for you!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
People who ignore your calendar and send meeting invites when you already have a meeting. One guy put two seperate meetings in for tomorrow but I have meetings in already. I have around 4 hrs with no meetings tomorrow that he could have picked from.

Also people who dont accept or reject meetings.

Reactions: 10
We had to cancel a meeting today as the organiser is off sick. Someone attending the meeting messaged me asking if it's going to be rearranged and that they can 'only do 4-5pm on Friday'. Yeah right. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I work in a very meeting heavy environment - sometimes up to 12 back to back meetings a day. For this reason I block out an hour in the morning to action emails and an hour over lunch. I have in big block capitals DO NOT SCHEDULE. Guess what - people schedule over them constantly. What is the point?!

The manager (not mine, thankfully) who sends emails and insists they be responded to or actioned by EOD today but ignores MY emails for six weeks or more.
I got back at her by assigning tasks to her. If she can't be bothered to answer my emails asking who to assign the tasks to I'll just assign them all to her!

Reactions: 9
I’ve posted before about the sicknotes on my team, but people who take a couple of extra days either side of a holiday weekend by calling in sick really irritate me.
It’s always the same culprits and I get that they probably think they don’t owe the bosses anything, but it’s the selfishness of leaving colleagues to deal with all the excess work that annoys me.
And then the added annoyance of a boss who has to micromanage how we take up the slack rather than trusting the few of us who are in to get on with it and get it done, which we always do.

In our open plan office my desk is facing outward so my back is towards the wall and I'm at the end of a bank of 3 desks. There's a meeting room at the end of the bank furthest from me. Instead of walking through the middle of the office left for walking and to the meeting room that way, people squeeze past me and my desk mates and walk behind us. Happens several times a day, it's very annoying. My coworker next to me has started using his standing desk and putting his chair behind him, effectively blocking the way and people still go passed and move his chair to squeeze through.

In my old job, I shared an office with people from a completely different team. I had a very different type of job, a big workload and needing quiet to concentrate, goodness knows why my manager took years to move me out. Their mates used to come in to chat with them whilst I was working and sit ON my desk for sometimes 30 minutes at a time, the desk wobbling every time they gesticulated or laughed. I got myself some big piles of old paper forms which put a stop to it.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This:
Person A: 'I am out of the office until Monday, please contact Person B'
I forward the e-mail to Person B and - you've guessed it:
Person B: 'I am out of the office until Monday, please contact Person A'

Also does anyone else find that now that loads of people WFH they don't have phone numbers and it's impossible to get hold of them? Internal colleagues I can get on Teams but I've got 1 huge client with probably 50+ contacts there and I swear I never get to actually speak to any of them. It's like they're allergic to talking. Plus sending stuff to them is a pain cos they never go to their office, and they don't want things sending to their home addresses, even when it's something like a sample that they need to approve, they'll wait weeks before they can be bothered to go and collect it from the office and then complain that things aren't finished when they wanted. Eeeermm put some clothes on and collect the crap YOU asked for!

Reactions: 6
People who loiter around your desk chatting, when you're trying to work ... they don't even sit near me; they just happened to see each other in passing and stopped. It's just rude.

Reactions: 11
I’ve posted before about the sicknotes on my team, but people who take a couple of extra days either side of a holiday weekend by calling in sick really irritate me.
It’s always the same culprits and I get that they probably think they don’t owe the bosses anything, but it’s the selfishness of leaving colleagues to deal with all the excess work that annoys me.
And then the added annoyance of a boss who has to micromanage how we take up the slack rather than trusting the few of us who are in to get on with it and get it done, which we always do.
Shortly after posting this, two more called in sick! Two of us in out of a possible 7, and absolutely piles of work to get through. My head was banging by the end of the day. Absolute p1ss takers, all of them!
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you can absolutely predict the sickies coming and when they’re gonna happen.

• Sad
People who loiter around your desk chatting, when you're trying to work ... they don't even sit near me; they just happened to see each other in passing and stopped. It's just rude.
This reminds me of someone I worked with.
I sat opposite one of her team members, there were four desks, two facing two.
She would stand behind my chair and talk over me to her team member, instead of walking the few steps around to her actual desk.
There was even an empty desk beside that person a lot of the time. So bloody rude.

Reactions: 5
It's just after 11pm where I am and someone has texted to say they're feeling poorly so would I mind doing their 9am client presentation tomorrow ... which isn't actually ready, but if I just use the one prepared for ___, and change whatever I think is necessary, that'd be great thanks!

I texted back to say no, I'm not comfortable doing it sorry ... ask someone who's been there for longer than a week and isn't a temporary staff member! ... sheesh; the cheek of it.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
It's just after 11pm where I am and someone has texted to say they're feeling poorly so would I mind doing their 9am client presentation tomorrow ... which isn't actually ready, but if I just use the one prepared for ___, and change whatever I think is necessary, that'd be great thanks!

I texted back to say no, I'm not comfortable doing it sorry ... ask someone who's been there for longer than a week and isn't a temporary staff member! ... sheesh; the cheek of it.
Wow, their cheek! 😮 Well done for saying no.

I don’t think I’d even have responded at that time 🤣

My colleague is constantly blowing her nose really loudly and obnoxiously and sounds like an elephant doing it. It's every time she's in the office and I just know it pisses everyone off as it's so loud but we can't really say anything :ROFLMAO: Just go to the toilet and do it!

• Haha
  • Angry

Well done you!
When were they planning to prepare it if they hadn't it done by the time they messaged you!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.