Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That team sounds awful @TheGlossy ; are you enjoying your new role?
They had a lot of issues indeed.

As far as the new role goes, I’m still trying to assess it. It’s super different from my previous one but very interesting. Compared to my previous roles, it is snail pace. I’m quite a dynamic person by nature, so it is an adjustment. I was worked to the bone in my previous team which was totally unhealthy, so perhaps I just need to re-adjust to a “normal and reasonable” workload now.

The new manager is a different character and one of those overly extroverted people who are very loud (polar opposite of me). I’m trying to figure them out, but overall the team is far more civilized, respectful, professional and supportive than my previous team. They all have a great sense of humor too. I laughed more in a few weeks in this team than I did in 3 years in my previous one!

I think the hardest has been reconditioning my mind into being around normal and positive normal people. It’s odd. My previous team was so negative and toxic that I lost all memory of what it is like to work with “normal” people. I became toxic to myself. Even if you’re a mentally stable person, a toxic team can really damage your mind. I don’t regret leaving that old team behind.

Reactions: 11
I do not miss working in an office environment one bit.

In my previous role, I was constantly trying to fit as much work in as I could, and taking stuff home to do after hours ... it was so unhealthy. I will say, hand on heart, that I loved all of my colleagues except for two though. Plus, I enjoyed my job and as it was heavily commission-based, it kept me on my toes. But -- it was indoors and towards the end it felt like a warzone. Often I didn't even get out to enjoy the sun during lunch, I was so busy.

For the moment, I am backfilling any need on the coffee carts I co-own with my business partner; we have also just bought a fish and chip shop which will need our input from time to time (the current staff are all keen to stay on, which is great). Since I left, three others have resigned ... I think that often happens, where one person leaving gives others the confidence to move on also.

I will return to an office environment soon - when some former colleagues, who left a while back to set up their own company, are fully established - but for the moment, I'm really happy to be doing what I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Slopey shouldered colleagues. We've got one guy on our current project team who never seems to want to take ownership of anything. Any time the Project Manager suggests he does something, he won't outright refuse, but he'll say "I think [name] also needs to be involved", which is another way of saying he thinks [name] needs to do it all. Even on things that are for him to do.

Mind you, the PM is quite spineless too because he'll call me and say this guy needs to pick something up and that he's going to make the guy do it, but then on calls he'll be a lot less forceful and lets this guy steamroll him every time.

I've got a call tomorrow with me, him and the PM, and I already know how it's going to go. If the PM could grow a pair, he'd just tell this guy that no call is needed and that he needs to just crack on with it - but as there's a call it's obvious the PM will try and push it on to us, egged on by lazy bones. :rolleyes:

The PM also arranges meetings at really inappropriate times, too. Like at 10:30am he'll stick in a call for 12:00 midday. That's when I take lunch, as I always have calls at 1:00pm. Or he'll stick in "quick calls" at 5:00pm. Piss off, selfish idiot. Like another poster said, if I stay on beyond 5pm (which is frequent) it's to do actual work and catch up on things, not attend your calls because you're too meek to do your job.

Sorry that turned into a much longer rant than I intended, but I feel better now. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My work was really good for ages. Person who was tit at their job in sales. I.e couldn't sell got let go so that was a weight off for me as they were so intrusive in my business for no reason. But just the general atmosphere at the moment. The management are trying to push higher targets as it's dead and no one's biting. Which doesn't bother me as I'm fortunate with the customer base I've got which I've built up over the years so I'm hitting the reviewed targets still. But I just think it's obscene. To put that stress on those who aren't as fortunate. I know that's sales but look at the bigger picture. Targets are always lower at this time of year for a reason. I said I didn't agree in a meeting the other day but one of the brown nosers who is making target was defensive of the management. Asking me why I care. Um because it's not right. People have kids and bills to pay and it's not fair to pull a revised arbitrary target out of your ass when it's not correct or needed. Anyway I'm going to keep kicking off about it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
People who comment about you 'never being in the office'. I was just in the staff room and my nasty, toxic, gossipy ex colleague (we used to work in the same department, until I moved to the department I'm in now, thank gooddd otherwise I would have had some form of breakdown for sure) came in and said "Lola Ruby! Long time since I've seen you, where have you been?" Implying that I'm never in because I choose to work from home half the week, unlike her who is always in the office because she's a dinosaur, doesn't seem to think you can get work done any other way and (I suspect) doesn't have much of a life outside of work. I just said "Here" because what else do you say to that? duck off. Really pisses me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My colleague has pissed me right off no filter.
So the head of department came in
Out of no where she pipes up 'oh Rox and I have our periods so we might be a bit grouchy'
I'm like ffs - I don't need to head of the department knowing about the going ons of my womb
Plus you only know as you saw me put a pad in my pocket and go to the bathroom
I was sooooo mad

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Out of no where she pipes up 'oh Rox and I have our periods so we might be a bit grouchy'
I'm like ffs - I don't need to head of the department knowing about the going ons of my womb
I was sooooo mad
That’s so inappropriate!!

Reactions: 6
I was sooooo mad
That's disgusting and wildly inappropriate

Reactions: 7
I was sooooo mad
That's so out of order! What would possess someone to even say that?
Very inappropriate.

I was sooooo mad
Omg how unprofessional and inappropriate in any situation but especially work.

Reactions: 5
Omg how unprofessional and inappropriate in any situation but especially work.
Exactly I've been so angry I'm silent at work. This isn't the first time and our manager never pulls her up/aside to discuss the behaviour
The last out of turn comment was :
A male colleague had a drs appointment
When he came back to the office she asked him how did it go at the clinic ? I'm like 😳😳😳
Then proceeds to ask if anyone has had a std as she has had 2!!!!!
The poor guys face went bright red I was embarrassed for him but I thought more fool you for telling her something so private or anything for that matter.
The whole office were pikachu faces
---

Everyday she says something inappropriate-it's like The Office but she has no filter.
I hate being anti social but I sit most days with headphones in as her topics of conversation all have some innuendo/filth
Nothing wrong with a laugh and joke but it's constant crap everyday.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I had a supervisor who performed a lap dance for one of the PMs on his birthday. Right there in his office with the door open. She would also drape her breasts over his computer monitor and purr "Good morning..." She got drunk at lunch one time and when she got back she ran to him and threw both arms around him and wrapped one leg all the way around him and dry humped him. The look on poor guy's face!
She was married but, she told me, she "needs validation". She called herself an "HR nightmare". True that!
I left that company years ago but I understand she's no longer married. Not surprising.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m super annoyed today.

I was supposed to log in late this morning but this girl scheduled a meeting at 9.30am, so I decided to log off early instead. Then, I logged in and saw she moved the meeting to 10am then moved it to 1pm (because she works overseas and needed to drive home). Then this meeting lasted almost 2 hours instead of 30 minutes and I had been stuck in meetings since 10.30am at that point. Imagine being in back to back meetings for 4 hours including at lunch time on a Friday.

I lost it. If you have to drive home because it’s getting late where you are (and by late mean it was 6pm), what makes you think I’m OK with a 1.30h meeting at lunch time on a Friday? Then she casually asked “Oh, is it lunch time where you are guys”?

I said nothing and let the other person respond because I was annoyed at that point. I couldn’t schedule my day properly because of her messy organizing for selfish reasons.

I have since blocked my calendar for lunch time. Anyone scheduling a meeting at that time is getting a decline. I can’t get over this because I couldn’t log in late or take a lunch break because of her!

• Sad
The period talk reminds me of a situation I had years ago.

I'm someone who likes to be prepared, and I had a small bag in my top drawer containing pads, pain and heartburn relief tablets. I also kept one each in my car and handbag, just in case. I went to grab the one from my work drawer one day, silently relieved that I'd had the forethought to have this set aside, as I had a heavier than usual period and I'd used all the ones from my handbag -- only to find it near-empty. It turned out one of my colleagues decided to help herself! When I asked out loud if anyone knew who'd been through my drawers, she sheepishly admitted it was her, then turned the situation back on me as if I was the guilty party by saying I was making something of nothing and that I needed to calm down. It was straight-out theft and I complained to my manager about it, who agreed it wasn't on. She never did replace what she used.

From that point, I gave up taking things into work. I also had my mug taken off my desk, and a little USB-powered fan went missing (the air conditioning in that place never worked, so I took my own fan in).

You'd be surprised how many so-called professionals are dirty thieves - in the same place, stationery used to go missing at a shocking rate.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
The period talk reminds me of a situation I had years ago.

I'm someone who likes to be prepared, and I had a small bag in my top drawer containing pads, pain and heartburn relief tablets. I also kept one each in my car and handbag, just in case. I went to grab the one from my work drawer one day, silently relieved that I'd had the forethought to have this set aside, as I had a heavier than usual period and I'd used all the ones from my handbag -- only to find it near-empty. It turned out one of my colleagues decided to help herself! When I asked out loud if anyone knew who'd been through my drawers, she sheepishly admitted it was her, then turned the situation back on me as if I was the guilty party by saying I was making something of nothing and that I needed to calm down. It was straight-out theft and I complained to my manager about it, who agreed it wasn't on. She never did replace what she used.

From that point, I gave up taking things into work. I also had my mug taken off my desk, and a little USB-powered fan went missing (the air conditioning in that place never worked, so I took my own fan in).

You'd be surprised how many so-called professionals are dirty thieves - in the same place, stationery used to go missing at a shocking rate.
I had someone come in and ask me "If I tell you the model of my printer at home can you order me an ink cartridge?" And I said "I'm not sure how that works, I'll have to look into if they can deduct it from your paycheck." And he said "No, just let the company pay for it." Of course I said no and he got really mad and left. Same guy found out that we submit payroll a day early (Thursday) when the following Monday is a holiday, so he decided not to show up on Friday. He figured since I already submitted payroll he'd get a paid day off. I contacted payroll and told them to deduct that day from his check. He actually had the nerve to come to me to complain that his check was short! I reminded him he hadn't come in on Friday and he said "But I thought you already submitted payroll." And I said "I did, but when you didn't come in I told them to deduct that day from your check." He threatened to report me and I told him to go ahead. What was he going to do, complain that I hadn't let him cheat the company? He actually did complain and he ended up getting taken off the job. What a "maroon"!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’m super annoyed today.

I was supposed to log in late this morning but this girl scheduled a meeting at 9.30am, so I decided to log off early instead. Then, I logged in and saw she moved the meeting to 10am then moved it to 1pm (because she works overseas and needed to drive home). Then this meeting lasted almost 2 hours instead of 30 minutes and I had been stuck in meetings since 10.30am at that point. Imagine being in back to back meetings for 4 hours including at lunch time on a Friday.

I lost it. If you have to drive home because it’s getting late where you are (and by late mean it was 6pm), what makes you think I’m OK with a 1.30h meeting at lunch time on a Friday? Then she casually asked “Oh, is it lunch time where you are guys”?

I said nothing and let the other person respond because I was annoyed at that point. I couldn’t schedule my day properly because of her messy organizing for selfish reasons.

I have since blocked my calendar for lunch time. Anyone scheduling a meeting at that time is getting a decline. I can’t get over this because I couldn’t log in late or take a lunch break because of her!
BIB - I used to do that in one place that I worked.
Sod it, it was the only hope I had of saving that time from endless, often pointless meetings.

Reactions: 3
BIB - I used to do that in one place that I worked.
Sod it, it was the only hope I had of saving that time from endless, often pointless meetings.
Same, I block out my diary all the time for lunch. I’ve even started to block out my time after my official finish time because there are some people who work different shifts and are so inconsiderate.

Reactions: 2
I’m super annoyed today.

I used to work for a Swiss company such was their dedication to lunch they’d just leave the meeting at 12pm no matter what was going on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.