Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My old boss had a message on her OOO which said she was away and if you send her anything whilst she wasn’t there it would be deleted on return. She did have alternative people on it to cover her work but sadly I am not high enough up to get away with a mass delete 😂
I wish I was high up enough to do something like that!

Though I know of a Senior Manager who actually sets up a rule to move emails she receives on holiday straight to the recycle bin, so she doesn't even need to delete them on her return.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Speaking of ooo, you know what grinds my gears. When you're the named person on the ooo and the sender just forwards it on without so much as a "hi emsie can you pick this up whilst such and such is out". Just a blank forward

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Speaking of ooo, you know what grinds my gears. When you're the named person on the ooo and the sender just forwards it on without so much as a "hi emsie can you pick this up whilst such and such is out". Just a blank forward
Exactly.
A little bit of politeness goes a long way imo.

Reactions: 2
That's what I'm saying about them being lazy AF lmao. Imagine not doing YOUR job when you get back from holiday.

------------

Y'all my manager tried to make me seem like a POS for not remembering all the students name within 6 months. I had just moved here from overseas and the kids all wore mask. Along with other personal stuff.

Now two years in I know 80% of the whole school. Yet, this bleep doesn't know anyone's name. Tell me why she had the audacity to try and say I don't care because I couldn't remember at the start.

None of the managers even knows the kids name. I just asked if other foreigner's kid were here. She said she doesn't know them. THEYRE THE ONLY "WHITE" CHILDREN HERE!!!!!

Poor girl. I hope she escaped that toxic environment.
In the end the boss got moved to another department because of all his toxic behaviour! Shame he didn't get sacked, but at least it solved the problem for our team.

Reactions: 2
In the end the boss got moved to another department because of all his toxic behaviour! Shame he didn't get sacked, but at least it solved the problem for our team.
Ugh they never seem to get fired for these things or even called out. Just moved to be someone else’s problem. At my last place there was a woman who would make people so stressed they were unable to do their jobs well. I reported her for bullying 3 times and I know there were more complaints. She just got “training” and nothing was resolved. Another woman I worked with used to throw people under the bus left right and centre to cover up for the fact she didn’t know what she was doing. Rather than putting her on a plan where she either pulled her socks up or managed out, they just moved her teams. The management scratch their heads when people leave due to toxicity.

Sadly a lot of it is down to managers not wanting to have difficult conversations and letting what starts as a small issue turn into something huge that impacts large numbers of people.
Managing is a skill and until mandatory and regular training is provided sadly you’ll always get crappy managers who just shunt the dross from team to team. Incredibly frustrating though

Reactions: 11
Best one was when a pretty senior dude did this on their OOO, assuming I'd be around with nothing better to do than reply to their emails. What they'd failed to do first was check I wasn't on leave myself. Oh dear what a shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The ‘golden child’ annoyed me to the core today.

She pinged me at 12.59pm saying ‘Are you on this group call we have every Tuesday?’. Was like ‘No, never received an invite’. Mind you, this call has been going on for months! Then she’s like ‘Oh, I’ll forward you the invite’. I was like ‘Sure’. Once I got the invite, she was like: ‘I won’t be able to attend, can you attend on my behalf and tell me if anything major comes up?’. She wanted me to attend a call for a volunteering initiative and sacrifice my only spare hour of the day for lunch because she had ‘work to do’.

I was like wtf? First, I worked over time last night and was slammed with work today. Second, she wants me to not have a lunch break over this nonsense? Third, I don’t like the sneakiness of pretending to be interested in me joining the call only to ask me to be your secretary once you’ve trapped me with the invite.

I saw red and was like ‘I’m busy, I’ll attend the call but will need to drop after 15 minutes’. If I attended the full call, that would have meant I would have gone a full day without any break at all + overtime and overtime yesterday.

She’s acting better than thou with this whole ‘I’m busy with work’ when we work on the same project and have the same amount of work!!

• Angry
Reactions: 10
When someone sends an email to someone to chase them. Then ask you the following day - do you have any updates on XYZ from ABC (i.e, the person they chased)?

Why are you asking me if I have any updates? You’re the one who chased them. I don’t know more than you do.

Reactions: 3
I work with a woman who thinks she should get to be the only person in a large company who doesn't receive dozens of irrelevant emails. She keeps replying with things like "please unsubscribe me from this mailing list" when it's clearly not a mailing list. Today she replied to me with a snotty "please be more considerate, not everyone needs to be copied in on this." I replied, "I wonder why the original sender copied you in? Have a word with him."

Am at breaking point these last few weeks- lot of stressy stuff at home and work is ridiculously busy.
Three people off sick to add to the workload - usual faces; can’t help being ill but it’s always when there’s extra work in, or someone new to train.
So the training fell to me. I hate it and get anxious about it but no choice.
I’m only supposed to work 4 days, and I chose to do so for a reason.
I’ve worked 5 days for the last three weeks, and even though I told my manager today that I need take one day off next week. Im prepared to change the day I normally have off in order to fill the gap where I’m most needed, but I don’t want to be expected to keep providing cover.
I could tell from the response that I’m going to be railroaded into coming in.
Others are never asked.
If I didn’t need that extra day off each week, I’d go get a full time job that paid me at least half of what I’m worth.
As it is the pay is crap and the work is worth much much more.
And to cap it off, I’m training on something that it’s very clear will involve taking on even more responsibility that I’m not paid for.
I’m too old to take on another job now, and to my eternal regret, I’m lacking a degree, or any other professional qualifications that would allow me to have the kind of career I wish I’d had.
So I feel like I’m either stuck in this crappy number, or I quit and feel lonely and bored at home.
Just so sick of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sadly a lot of it is down to managers not wanting to have difficult conversations and letting what starts as a small issue turn into something huge that impacts large numbers of people.
Managing is a skill and until mandatory and regular training is provided sadly you’ll always get crappy managers who just shunt the dross from team to team. Incredibly frustrating though
That‘s basically what’s happened in one of my jobs. There’s a woman working there who’s been there for years but she’s utterly toxic. Management have consistently failed to deal with her, partly because she got herself made union rep and raises grievances and complaints against any managers who try to address her behaviour and partly because they literally have no clue how to manage people. Her current game appears to be to hide her own belongings, keys to pool cars, job books etc, then make a complaint that she’s being victimised. Last year, she was off sick for 8 months after making a false allegation against a colleague to the police.

Much as I hate to say it, having been chewed up and spat out by the private sector myself, if we weren’t in the public sector, she’d have sacked years ago.

• Wow
That‘s basically what’s happened in one of my jobs. There’s a woman working there who’s been there for years but she’s utterly toxic. Management have consistently failed to deal with her, partly because she got herself made union rep and raises grievances and complaints against any managers who try to address her behaviour and partly because they literally have no clue how to manage people. Her current game appears to be to hide her own belongings, keys to pool cars, job books etc, then make a complaint that she’s being victimised. Last year, she was off sick for 8 months after making a false allegation against a colleague to the police.

Much as I hate to say it, having been chewed up and spat out by the private sector myself, if we weren’t in the public sector, she’d have sacked years ago.
I worked with someone like this too. She managed to not do any work for over 20 years in the public sector. It’s so disheartening for the rest of us who work hard.

This isn't annoying, it's more kind of weird.
In the ladies restroom there is a tray with things like feminine hygiene products set out (which I'm sure have come in handy). But there are other things like dry shampoo, hair gel, perfume samples and, weirdest of all, lipsticks! Like, who is going to want to use a lipstick that other women have been using?? Weird, gross, unsanitary. But I guess whoever put them there had good intentions.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.