Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I’m going to the shop, do you want anything”?
When has anybody ever said yes to this? It would be too much hassle for the favour-doer if they didn’t have your item, I’d be too embarrassed- and how do you sort out payment? Just go yourself :)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When has anybody ever said yes to this? It would be too much hassle for the favour-doer if they didn’t have your item, I’d be too embarrassed- and how do you sort out payment? Just go yourself :)
We do this in my office all the time.

If its just a can of drink or bag of crisps etc. Then the person going just pays and gets a freebie off someone else down the line.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Being asked to lunch with co-workers where you have to order like one course for £12 and pick at it delicately and make small talk- I just want my crisps and sandwich and two chocolate bars and browsing Tattle

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Ohhhh especially when they want a meal deal!!! “Diet Coke. If they haven’t got they I’ll have one of those new drinks ahhhh what’re they called. You know the green bottle. Not green I think it’s blue. Well I’ll have one of them. And a wrap. Probably the chicken one but if not I’ll have the BLT and any crisps apart from wotsits”

F off!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
And co-workers getting more done as they take a half an hour lunch :) I can’t functionnn on that

We do this in my office all the time.

If its just a can of drink or bag of crisps etc. Then the person going just pays and gets a freebie off someone else down the line.
You have close-knit coworkers if you remember who owes what favour 😂

Oooh and buying lunch shaming. “Ohhh you’re going to Pret again? I always bring lunch from home”

On the flip side subtly snotty comments about your home lunch in tupperware (I do both) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Ohhhh especially when they want a meal deal!!! “Diet Coke. If they haven’t got they I’ll have one of those new drinks ahhhh what’re they called. You know the green bottle. Not green I think it’s blue. Well I’ll have one of them. And a wrap. Probably the chicken one but if not I’ll have the BLT and any crisps apart from wotsits”

F off!
Reminds me of the scene in Friends where Ross starts ordering a 'kicky pie thing' from Rachel 😂

1DE646DE-9E2F-4850-B00D-5C9A8238553A.jpeg

So you are leaving that team, I hope?

It sounds horrible and now they don't want to lose you because they know darn well how good you are.
Yeah, I’m leaving. I said I’d think about it to get them off my back because that meeting was never going to end otherwise. I’ve been silent since. I’m still moving forward with the new role and still awaiting for the contract to come through. I’m buying myself some time because I received my offer via email two weeks ago and no sign of the contract yet. Not sure what’s the hold up - it was faster when I was an external hire.

Today my current team offered me to go on a special work trip and I’d be the only person from the team allowed to travel. They’re really desperate. I said I’m going to think about it.

I’m going to turn the counter offer down on Monday since we have a face to face meeting scheduled. If they keep pressuring me, I’ll escalate to my HR contact.

If I stay, they’ll make my life a living hell holding this “exceptional promotion” against me forever and I can rest assured I’ll get stuck at this level until I decide to leave the company. I was told “you’re leaving me in the midst of chaos and escalations” but that’s part of why I’m leaving because all stakeholders are complaining about the incompetence of my team members - it’s not a high performing team at all. Who would want to stay there?

They’re terrible!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Gossip is poison to a workplace, stop emailing me all your snide comments about each other.

• Haha
This whole thread when @TheGlossy leaves the team:

But seriously, congratulations on the offer and hope the new contract comes through soon ❤ Keep us updated!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Yep, people who are moody gatekeepers at work and then leave the company without handover, and still expect to do SFA during a month’s notice yet expect a good reference, and don’t bother to say goodbye to their team, even though one or two might have been close with and helped settle them in team so they could be made permanent (!)

My thoughts are don’t let the revolving door hit you on the way out 😒

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I’m leaving. I said I’d think about it to get them off my back because that meeting was never going to end otherwise. I’ve been silent since. I’m still moving forward with the new role and still awaiting for the contract to come through. I’m buying myself some time because I received my offer via email two weeks ago and no sign of the contract yet. Not sure what’s the hold up - it was faster when I was an external hire.

Today my current team offered me to go on a special work trip and I’d be the only person from the team allowed to travel. They’re really desperate. I said I’m going to think about it.

I’m going to turn the counter offer down on Monday since we have a face to face meeting scheduled. If they keep pressuring me, I’ll escalate to my HR contact.

If I stay, they’ll make my life a living hell holding this “exceptional promotion” against me forever and I can rest assured I’ll get stuck at this level until I decide to leave the company. I was told “you’re leaving me in the midst of chaos and escalations” but that’s part of why I’m leaving because all stakeholders are complaining about the incompetence of my team members - it’s not a high performing team at all. Who would want to stay ther

If I stay, they’ll make my life a living hell holding this “exceptional promotion” against me forever and I can rest assured I’ll get stuck at this level until I decide to leave the company. I was told “you’re leaving me in the midst of chaos and escalations” but that’s part of why I’m leaving because all stakeholders are complaining about the incompetence of my team members - it’s not a high performing team at all. Who would want to stay there?

They’re terrible!!
You seem like you're really good at your job and know your stuff. The people around you seem weak, easily threatened and insecure.

• Heart
When I'm on tattle and colleagues disturb me with really important work related issues.
Same here, I'll have a sneaky look in between doing work and someone ALWAYS walks in at that exact moment or someone looks over at my screen / starts talking to me. duck off :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I know, you’ve got a sodding sandwich on your slack status and most of you aren’t even that important, stop clogging the channel 🥪 🍜

Maybe I’m in the wrong team culture wise but this is just so bloody pointless and gives you a million notifications

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
And co-workers getting more done as they take a half an hour lunch :) I can’t functionnn on that

You have close-knit coworkers if you remember who owes what favour 😂

Oooh and buying lunch shaming. “Ohhh you’re going to Pret again? I always bring lunch from home”

On the flip side subtly snotty comments about your home lunch in tupperware (I do both) :)
I HATEEEE when people comment on my lunch. I moved to another department within my company last year, and in my old team there would ALWAYS be comments about my lunch, no matter what it was. “Ooh that looks nice / healthy.” “Ooh what’s that?” “Tuna salad? Again?” (That particular person is a nasty witch :LOL:) Just let me eat my lunch? I don’t unnecessarily comment on yours. In my ‘new’ team, we all just get on with it & don’t comment. Who cares what the other person chooses to eat?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I know, you’ve got a sodding sandwich on your slack status and most of you aren’t even that important, stop clogging the channel 🥪 🍜

Maybe I’m in the wrong team culture wise but this is just so bloody pointless and gives you a million notifications
This would drive me up the wall?! Are you made to do this?!

Reactions: 3
This would drive me up the wall?! Are you made to do this?!
I’m a freelancer and I don’t do it but all the core team do so I guess you’re expected to 🥱 🐻
It’s like the team of thirty people I had once when you were expected to write good morning and goodbye in the channel as well 🙄 it’s just content nobody wants? I guess it’s a way of tracking you or making it feel like more of a team when you’re wfh and nobody’s saying hi, but focus on productivity, you can see if someone’s online

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I honestly cannot believe this happened today:

1. My manager’s manager is visiting and asked me if I have children. I said “no” then my own manager (make) jumped in and said “someday you will”. Then I cut him off and said “that’s not the topic of this conversation”.

How dare he speak for me and assume all women want children? Or what if I was infertile or experiencing issues conceiving? I’m shocked.

2. I overheard him say to his manager about the counteroffer I mentioned earlier “just give people what they want to keep them happy” as if I hadn’t earned the promotion I should have gotten after 3 years of hard work. He’s in for a rude awakening when I tell them tomorrow I still don’t want their counter offer.

3. My manager organized a dinner at the last minute today for tomorrow and when I said it was short notice, he tried to play smart by saying “I talked about this dinner on numerous occasions”. I was about to combust, he never mentioned anything about no dinner to me and if it was planned in advance, how come he just booked the table today for tomorrow?

What a bunch of losers.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.