Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You sound like me! Every year 'well I don't like soup for starter' etc etc šŸ˜¬.
My team actually text me whilst I was abroad asking me to organise the doo, erm no. On my return someone had booked a venue...the cheapest one...in the middle of no where. I've then had to source a bus making it our most expensive doo yet šŸ˜–.
Oh no šŸ™ˆ. Theyā€™ll be on at you from about May to get next yearā€™s organised!

Imagine contacting you on holiday, thatā€™s next level irritating!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh no šŸ™ˆ. Theyā€™ll be on at you from about May to get next yearā€™s organised!

Imagine contacting you on holiday, thatā€™s next level irritating!
Ha ha you called it!

I thought about driving and letting them sort it out. But in reality the only way I'm getting through a Christmas doo is with a bucket of malbec šŸ˜†.

• Haha
I just found out a bullying claim was made against my manager last year by someone outside our team. She is the main reason i am leaving and I feel so validated. I didnt go into details on my reasons for leaving with her or HR and part of me wishes I was more honest but they did nothing about it when the other person reported her so I feel it wouldve been a waste of time. She never bullied me but her attitude is just awful and she shouldnt be a people manager.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I just found out a bullying claim was made against my manager last year by someone outside our team. She is the main reason i am leaving and I feel so validated. I didnt go into details on my reasons for leaving with her or HR and part of me wishes I was more honest but they did nothing about it when the other person reported her so I feel it wouldve been a waste of time. She never bullied me but her attitude is just awful and she shouldnt be a people manager.
I'd stick the boot in now there's no consequences - once HR see a pattern of behaviour they might be more incline to take notice. Will you have an exit interview?

Reactions: 5
I'd stick the boot in now there's no consequences - once HR see a pattern of behaviour they might be more incline to take notice. Will you have an exit interview?
I already had a chat with HR. Not sure if I will have another more formal call. Part of me doesnt want the hassle and stress of it particularly when I wont benefit from it. I have also spokeb to her before on the atmosphere/tone that she is driving in the workplace and it made no difference but caused me a lot of stress and worry.

Reactions: 3
I already had a chat with HR. Not sure if I will have another more formal call. Part of me doesnt want the hassle and stress of it particularly when I wont benefit from it. I have also spokeb to her before on the atmosphere/tone that she is driving in the workplace and it made no difference but caused me a lot of stress and worry.
Yeah, understandable. You've tried! Onwards and upwards!

I handed my notice in but had 13-22nd Sept booked off.
When they announced the Queens funeral would be on the 19th I was already abroad. I am back in the office today and emailed HR about getting the 19th holiday pay paid in my final salary and she's having a go because I didn't tell her. How can I log on to the work system abroad šŸ˜…

Also my manager has come in to the office boasting about how she was gonna buy a house worth 100k more than hers now but instead is gonna renovate the whole place they live now. Then shortly after says 'oh wasn't someone stabbed outside your house the other day' to me (They weren't). I am half her age and brought and renovated a house all by myself, its only 2 up 2 down, I like it because its a 30 minute walk from the city centre and has a river view. Me and my partner are looking to buy together in the next couple of years, but I am proud I did it alone first.

I fully understand she's only doing it because she's insecure, and I have noticed her doing this more since I have got a new job with a pay rise, but it is just annoying the life out of me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Started a new job today - I was in last Friday for a training day, and then off the rest of this week unwell. (Two days initially booked as AL for our anniversary. Monday off for QE funeral, so only yesterday off ill)

Thought Iā€™d drag myself in today to show my face as Iā€™m feeling slightly better, but not 100%.
Wish I hadnā€™t, and I wish I hadnā€™t accepted the job.

The managers bought in shots for everyone! At 11am! By 3pm everyone in the office was stumbling down the stairs. People necking pints of cider at 1pm on lunch break. Forcing people to join in on awkward TikTokā€™s and taking videos of young girls in the office doing shots. bleeping weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Started a new job today - I was in last Friday for a training day, and then off the rest of this week unwell. (Two days initially booked as AL for our anniversary. Monday off for QE funeral, so only yesterday off ill)

Thought Iā€™d drag myself in today to show my face as Iā€™m feeling slightly better, but not 100%.
Wish I hadnā€™t, and I wish I hadnā€™t accepted the job.

The managers bought in shots for everyone! At 11am! By 3pm everyone in the office was stumbling down the stairs. People necking pints of cider at 1pm on lunch break. Forcing people to join in on awkward TikTokā€™s and taking videos of young girls in the office doing shots. bleeping weird.
What type of work environment is this supposed to be???? As boring as it can be Iā€™m now glad Iā€™m working in professional services šŸ¤£

What type of work environment is this supposed to be???? As boring as it can be Iā€™m now glad Iā€™m working in professional services šŸ¤£
Sales. Explains it all to be fair šŸ˜‚

Manager is in his 50s, weā€™re all in our 20s, and heā€™s defo one of them cringe blokes who acts like heā€™s our age šŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Yes, it's definitely better in the public sector if you want to avoid forced fun. It has a range of other downsides though.

Reactions: 7
Putting updates about personal stuff(like sports) in the work app. I donā€™t like you and I donā€™t care!! Make an app for non work related stuff if you want to share these things.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For context; I work for a small enough company that has just about outgrown the term 'start-up'

Our narcissistic CEO and head of sales (the most insufferable woman I've ever met) want to start a podcast and expect us all to be hyped. I mean if I wanted to listen to the two of them telling each other how great they are, I'd just pay attention at our monthly all-hands meeting.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My manager is awful:

1. I was OOO all week last week and when I checked my emails upon my return today, I saw he sent me an email during my OOO saying;ā€: I donā€™t know if you will see this email, but if you can complete the employee satisfaction survey today, that would be greatā€.

Is he out of his mind? He thinks Iā€™d be logging in during my annual leave and is expecting me to login just to fill in a non mandatory company wide survey to say they got 100% in our department?

2. He is refusing to give his mobile number to contact him in case of emergency preventing us from logging in. I had a huge IT issue this morning and the IT guy asked me to text my manager for them to approve something to allow me to login. I said I donā€™t have his number and the IT guy was shocked. I had a previous number of his he shared with the team and when I texted him about a contingency preventing me from logging in, he blocked me after reading the text.

Piece of work.

Last edited:
  • Wow
My manager is awful:

1. I was OOO all week last week and when I checked my emails upon my return today, I saw he sent me an email during my OOO saying;ā€: I donā€™t know if you will see this email, but if you can complete the employee satisfaction survey today, that would be greatā€.

Is he out of his mind? He thinks Iā€™d be logging in during my annual leave and is expecting me to login just to fill in a non mandatory company wide survey to say they got 100% in our department?

2. He is refusing to give his mobile number to contact him in case of emergency preventing us from logging in. I had a huge IT issue this morning and the IT guy asked me to text my manager for them to approve something to allow me to login. I said I donā€™t have his number and the IT guy was shocked. I had a previous number of his he shared with the team and when I texted him about a contingency preventing me from logging in, he blocked me after reading the text.

Piece of work.
An update on this: I told my manager that I do not access my emails on annual leave. Their response was: ā€œI understand but given the urgency of the employee survey Iā€™d hoped youā€™d check your emails periodicallyā€.

Is he serious? Does he think a company survey is a critical business query to the point where Iā€™d log in during my leave?

Also, his manager asked him to forward me some details to work on when I return. He never did. Iā€™m on training all day until COB today. He told me ā€œplease handle after your courseworkā€.

Absolutely not. The coursework is all day until COB, Iā€™m not doing overtime for this query that could have been handled in my absence as itā€™s not even related to my work. Not up mention, theyā€™re forcing us do to these trainings, so you canā€™t expect me to do overtime on top of this.

• Wow
  • Haha
A colleague signs off emails with
ā€œDream BIG!ā€

And it has never not made me cringe.

Theyā€™ve started saying it at the end of meetings too and I have no poker face. I hate it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
A colleague signs off emails with
ā€œDream BIG!ā€

And it has never not made me cringe.

Theyā€™ve started saying it at the end of meetings too and I have no poker face. I hate it.
That is hilarious, I might start doing it ironically šŸ¤£

• Haha
Iā€™ve got a colleague who, every week when a particular job is due, has something wrong with them that means them having to disappear several times whilst I carry on and finish the task.
Without fail, theyā€™ll need to make several coffees because theyā€™re so very tired today; pop outside for a breather because they feel faint/have an awful headache, etc.,etc. Every single week when this one job is due.
Yesterday I struggled through it completely alone as they felt more unwell than usual. On top of that I was being chased for the rest of my work that day and was then questioned as to why the joint task took so long - as though only I was responsible šŸ˜”
I feel like Iā€™m being taken for a mug and Iā€™m really tired of it.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.