Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our department is split into two sides by geographical location, the other side had a lunchtime badminton league and were doing competitive time trial runs in their lunch hour too. Our side mainly just ate cakes but unlike theirs the standard of our work was much higher, probably because were actually at our desks :ROFLMAO:

Now we are all working from home since Covid which suits all of us due to a move away from fixed desks to hot desking, however one of our team who is the most troublesome in general seems to be doing their best to get us sent back to the office by constantly being AWOL whilst appearing online during the agreed core hours. Twice last week they took nearly an hour to respond to a question on teams. Why do some people have to push their luck so much?

Reactions: 7
Someone who is the same level as me within our roles constantly emails me telling me what to do. Or tries to correct my work which isn’t wrong.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Got a work meal tomorrow night for someone who's leaving... 😫 :ROFLMAO: I can already predict what will be happening, several will be absolutely trashed (including me, its all paid for by management, why not? 🤪), someone will get emotional by 10pm and say what a great team we are and how much they love everyone, two people who have given up smoking will be smoking outside with a drink, the drunkest will be up drunk dancing (also me), we'll all be half asleep in the ride home by 1pm
Did all this happen? I sincerely hope so and that you all had a fab time x

Reactions: 4
I think I've ranted on here before about people putting in calls at midday - usually because they're poorly organised so leave it till the last minute and the lunchtime slot is understandably the only time everyone's 'free'.

It's happened again recently. A scatterbrained woman who annoys me at the best of times has put in a midday call on Friday and I've got calls both before and after, which means if I accept this one I won't get a lunch break.

I want to decline with a simple "duck off repeatedly booking meetings in my lunch hour", but I'm not sure that would go down too well, so I need to devise a more diplomatic response. But I do think it needs a decline. Far too many people moan about it to colleagues but grudgingly accept, which then reinforces the behaviour. Some people...
I would decline and block that time in your outlook as private. Then you can say you’ve arranged a private call on your lunch hour. That if you had been given proper notice you could have maybe be rescheduled it but not now as it’s too short notice. X

Reactions: 8
The new guy in our office is a big snitch. None of us really like him but we're polite in work as you have to be. He's also really patronising to some of us, and we know he does it knowingly because it is only in certain circumstances.

He has a personalised number plate with '666' on it, and was asked why that number. He told us because in his old job he went in on his day off, thought the place was a mess so wrote a formal complaint about all his colleagues to higher management, resulting in everyone being bollocked, so someone changed his staff number to that as a dig/joke, then him and his partner found that hilarious and got it as the number plate. He actually told us all this as if that's great too 😅 nobody likes a grass.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
The new guy in our office is a big snitch. None of us really like him but we're polite in work as you have to be. He's also really patronising to some of us, and we know he does it knowingly because it is only in certain circumstances.

He has a personalised number plate with '666' on it, and was asked why that number. He told us because in his old job he went in on his day off, thought the place was a mess so wrote a formal complaint about all his colleagues to higher management, resulting in everyone being bollocked, so someone changed his staff number to that as a dig/joke, then him and his partner found that hilarious and got it as the number plate. He actually told us all this as if that's great too 😅 nobody likes a grass.
Omg hate people like that
🚩 do not trust 🚩

• Heart
Reactions: 9

He sounds like one of those weird types who either invent or embellish stories just for attention. Best avoided.

Reactions: 10

Some people don't like seeing other people do well which is not very nice but understandable sometimes as they could be very jealous or insecure

But actively wanting to see people fail is next level

• Sad
Some people don't like seeing other people do well which is not very nice but understandable sometimes as they could be very jealous or insecure

But actively wanting to see people fail is next level
This company, and specifically my manager is really toxic and instils this horrible culture in to some people. This guy I am speaking about constantly spouts off about how much he hates the tories because they do xyz, but then loves putting people in to work shifts which make their lives more difficult even though it isn't necessary, or watching people fail drug and alcohol tests and subsequently lose their jobs. I just said 'these drug and alcohol tests are like being in Thatcher's Britain, horrible seeing the working class have their jobs, finances and everything ripped from under them whilst the higher ups laugh about it' and he went bright red. Hahahahahhahahah knobhead. I can't wait to leave this place

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
He sounds like one of those weird types who either invent or embellish stories just for attention. Best avoided.
Yes we had one guy like that making up stalker-like love stories about his life outside of work when no one brought anything up, but colleagues kept looking on his FB to see what he was up to. Then he also made what seemed like small white lies about work things, a big no no in a regulatory lab, everyone has to be “whiter than white” 🥼 anyway, it came back to bite him when there was a big audit! Also a known harassment predator… bisexual…no one was off limits!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes we had one guy like that making up stalker-like love stories about his life outside of work when no one brought anything up, but colleagues kept looking on his FB to see what he was up to. Then he also made what seemed like small white lies about work things, a big no no in a regulatory lab, everyone has to be “whiter than white” 🥼 anyway, it came back to bite him when there was a big audit! Also a known harassment predator… bisexual…no one was off limits!
Yeah they're very strange types. They give me the creeps. I worked with one who would invent stories and everyone knew they were made up or wildly exaggerated. But the problem was unless you went along with him, he marked you as an enemy and then started troublemaking.

I just kept my distance from him and acted 'polite' if he ever spoke to me, as I didn't want to be labelled as an enemy. However, one of my colleagues made it clear on an evening out that he knew this guy was lying about one of his stories. The next day the liar asked for a meeting with our boss where he implied that this guy was bullying him and I think he even turned on the waterworks. People like that freak me out as they're so vindictive.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Did all this happen? I sincerely hope so and that you all had a fab time x
It was a good night thank you :ROFLMAO: I didn't drink much in the end as I had a cold, but one colleague had so many shots she fell asleep sitting up and had to be helped by two people into a car on the way back

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Lunchtime in canteen 2 colleagues are incapable of blowing their noses, so they are shovelling food in and sniffing away. My stomach is churning.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
When you are in the middle of something and someone start sharing their screen with you randomly without even asking if you have a minute to do a screen share. Boundaries?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
When you are in the middle of something and someone start sharing their screen with you randomly without even asking if you have a minute to do a screen share. Boundaries?
I’ve had this! Their screen just pops up with no warning. Absolutely duck right off. (I just close the window and carry on. Never been so staggered by rudeness.)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So my office fitness fanatic is in overdrive at the moment.
Someone brought sweets back from their holidays and she went out and bought a load of fruit so people could have that instead.
We are grown adults and can decide if we want a sweet or not.
She has arranged a keep fit session for today and then salads for lunch.
She mentions this at least 15 times a day on our teams and I actually tired of her now.
I will be staying at my desk as do not want my lunch judged by her today.
Is there a team leader you can feed this back to, it almost seems aggressive action from the fitness fan. Making one unsolicited suggestion every so often is normal, but to be harrassed and bought fruit etc... That's bordering on intimidation!

Reactions: 3
Is there a team leader you can feed this back to, it almost seems aggressive action from the fitness fan. Making one unsolicited suggestion every so often is normal, but to be harrassed and bought fruit etc... That's bordering on intimidation!
Management all like her so cant say anything to them.
I just ignore her now.

Reactions: 2
Some people need to stop airing their dirty laundry (or disagreements) in calls where part of the audience has no involvement in whatever drama happened between them. I was dragged into a call hat had nothing to do with me but they wanted me as "backup". Then two people on the call literally started arguing with each other with person A saying "you're imposing your work onto other people, things you can do yourself" then it went on with person B responding "I'm not imposing anything, I'm asking for something" and person A retorquing "You're not asking, you're demanding and we don't have capacity to cater to your every demand. If you want to escalate to the department head, please do so. We can take this up with HR".

Now, I have to agree that the person "accused" of demanding things has been the rudest, most egoistical person to deal with and they have a strong tendency to dodge their work onto other people. Some people even raised complaints about this. However, the call wasn't about this and I wasted an hour on a call that a) was not relevant to me b) was unprofessional with people airing their dirty laundry.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Management all like her so cant say anything to them.
I just ignore her now.
Ah, in that case ignoring seems best. I've been in 3 jobs in my life, in each there has been an obsessed Slimming World person. Though they haven't bought us fruit 😮

Reactions: 1
The most annoying thing my team leader does is exist because I’m head over heels in love with her and it’s literally taking over my life 🥲

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.