Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

no-no

VIP Member
I’ve spent weeks trying to figure out an issue with something and need someone else to look into part of it. They’ve replied they “know what the problem is.”… followed up with something so obvious and already accounted for. Shove your full-stop 💁🏼‍♀️ Anything to get out of doing their job this lot.

Reactions: 1

rosemarina

VIP Member
I've very rarely seen that from women but I do think there's a cultural narrative that pits younger women against older women. Most of my workplace problems are entirely the fault of men (mostly white men).

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
I work in a school with someone who speaks to everyone like shit. Today she was talking loudly about me having pink sheets of paper. After her third passive aggressive comment I said that I had found them in the stock room. She shouted at me 'THE PINK PAPER IS FOR BEST!'. I said I didnt know that but I do now. She's unhinged and all of the children are scared of her.
She sounds concerningly illiterate for someone working in a classroom.
I would tell her to F off ( quietly away from the kids)
😄🤠

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
Definitely everyone (but we are in pairs and I'm paired with her so I can't get away from it).
You definitely should ask her nicely to back off. Fortune favours the bold. Maybe drop her a polite, but assertive email explaining how she makes you feel and that you're not happy with the situation and you'd like to see an improvement. It's pretty serious when someone makes you cry at work.

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
I am currently working with a micro manager. Every day there is something I am nit picked about. This morning was too much as im not sleeping well and a bit hormonal and when she came in the 80th time with a fault she had found , I started crying the minute she left the room.

How do you politely tell someone to back off?
Is she like this with everyone or just you?

every office seems to have their own phantom shitter ..and women are definitely not as ladylike in the toilet dept as people think!
Very true.

When I worked in an office I'd carry a can of air freshener with me just in case ... previously, I'd leave one in the powder rooms but someone would nearly always flog it!

TheGlossy

VIP Member
This guy in my team is obsessed with becoming the new TL. The role has been vacant for the last 6 months and he has been focusing on it so much, it is getting on my nerves. Every single time I talk to him, he keeps saying "If I were the TL" or "If I become the TL". He didn't even ask whether I applied for not as he's under the assumption I haven't (true I haven't) and thinks he's gonna get the role. He is already acting as though he is the TL when he hasn't even been approached for an interview and his application has been pending for two months.

On Friday, the manager's manager left and someone else was appointed. The structure is such as all TLs report to this director in the system and anyone under TLs report to the TLs. They made the changes in the system to have all 3 existing TLs report to the director in the system and added me into the list of people reporting into him. So, it's the TLs + me. This desperate guy saw this in the system this morning and pinged me telling me why I'm directly reporting to the director and how strange it is and how he's not reporting to the director in the system.

Like mind your own business. It could be they're slowly migrating everyone in our team under the director until they find a TL. Calm down. He is making assumptions and exhausting me.

Some People!

Chatty Member
Some People!, I am so sorry to laugh react but it's so similar to my experience with a guy in my office that I half wonder if you're one of my colleagues 😂 mine was in yesterday for the first time in a few days and is now off again, thank god, because he did my head in yesterday. One particularly annoying thing (aside from never doing any work) is that he insists on pronouncing food as "fuds". He was expecting a call back yesterday and asked me to answer his phone while he went out - "tell them I've just gone on a shop run for some fuds". Why? Just speak like a grown up! "Would anybody like some fuds from the shop?" no, I'd like you to piss off and never return!
Fuck, my stomach dropped thinking someone from my office was on here 😂

Can confirm my awful troll colleague is not yours - there's multiple of them out there!
You're luck yours has been out of the office, mine seems to live there, the little cretin.

"Fuds" is exactly the kind of stupid shit mine would come out with. Ugh.

Samf2020

Chatty Member
So we are covering for our receptionist this week.
The calls get routed to a group and who ever is free takes it. We have a rota so you do your time then you can ignore it for rest of day.
One of my team mates has been marked down for 5 hours this week but hasnt answered a single call as she is not included in the group apparently. We only know that because I went to a boss and said shes not answering. So now I have to cover her time today as we cant get our phone guy to fix it before her shift ends.
Its going to be a frosty first meeting with her on Monday.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Ohhhh especially when they want a meal deal!!! “Diet Coke. If they haven’t got they I’ll have one of those new drinks ahhhh what’re they called. You know the green bottle. Not green I think it’s blue. Well I’ll have one of them. And a wrap. Probably the chicken one but if not I’ll have the BLT and any crisps apart from wotsits”

F off!
Reminds me of the scene in Friends where Ross starts ordering a 'kicky pie thing' from Rachel 😂

1DE646DE-9E2F-4850-B00D-5C9A8238553A.jpeg

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
My junior team mate is fine most of the time but can be a lazy git.
He also seems to have no thought for anyone else.
We work in a really old old building that is weird heat wise. It never really gets warm no matter the weather outside and he just strolls in and opens all the windows in here and I know it sounds daft but Im actually cold now. Its not very warm in Dublin today and its the fact he didnt say do you mind? Nope he wants the windows open so he does.
I worked with a woman like that. The first building we were in, she would open up the windows, one of which was right beside my desk. I would close it because I was the one sitting in a draught when it was open.

The second building had air con and she would set it to the lowest possible setting. The rest of us would just turn it back up. She still kept doing it anyway. Luckily she was a decent workmate otherwise!

Ok so i work in the bookmakers industry i have one colleague that stinks of B.O another who moans about not having all the opens its a 7 day aweek job theres 5 of us your lucky to get 2 opens a week let alone all of them another who wastes the simplest of bets and i mean a single win another who claims they know it all but if you leave them for 2 mins it like leaving a toddler with a mixing bowl for a second

Then theres me am so close to quitting its unbelievable

TheGlossy

VIP Member
Do any of you have to submit timesheets for how long you've spent on certain pieces of work?

I've had one rejected from last week and the Project Manager who rejected it has told me I booked too many hours for the project that week. Apparently I'm not down to do that many hours. She annoys me at the best of times so it's really wound me up today. 😂

Um, but that's how long I spent on it. She puts in a fuck load of 'urgent' meetings which all take up my time and that's before the actual work I do for the project. I really want to send her an arsey message along the lines of: "So do you want me to just stop attending all your meetings and stop working on this project then?"

She lives in another world.
The problem is that you have to stick to the contracted hours and budget originally agreed with the client. If you book too many hours, it impacts the profit margin and forecasted revenue for the project and hits the P&L.

Your manager is obviously not managing the project correctly, but her rejecting the timesheet is somewhat understandable.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm glad we manage to get through meetings fairly quickly. Had a H&S meeting last week, took 10 minutes. We spent longer than that after the meeting discussing few other bits.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I get around 100 a day most days - lots of them being meeting requests so that’s fun 🤣
I work across three inboxes and can easily get over 100 emails a day. One particularly horrific afternoon I had over 250 just in one inbox - it literally made me ill. The organisation I work for has been in existence for many, many years and I often dream of what it must have been like in the days when everything was done by letter and there was a typing pool to respond to stuff. It must have been wonderful.

mags27

I had this and actually brought it up along with other issues and it didnt make even the smallest difference. In fact it made things worse. The only advice I can give is to leave.
Ah sorry to hear that. How did you go about bringing it up if you don't mind me asking? Although it probably won't make much difference in my case either - pretty sure I'll just get put in my place and treated like a kid