Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're not allowed to open our windows in case we jump - true story.
The air con really plays havoc with my contacts 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Treat me coldly when my bully boss is around (I'm her victim) and overcompensate by killing me with kindness when she's not.
Oh, and exclude me from social outings because I'm older than them.
Yeah, you got it right : I'm very unhappy in work.
I've been there before and it's not nice. The only thing I could ever conclude about people acting that way in a work setting is that they feel threatened by you in some shape or form.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
We're not allowed to open our windows in case we jump - true story.
The air con really plays havoc with my contacts 😔
Sorry I realised that sounded bad, just to clarify there is no precedent, just the health and safety person treating us like toddlers.

Reactions: 3
people that witch about their boss and what they will say to them but in reality bow down and accept the tit with a smile

• Heart
Reactions: 7
people that witch about their boss and what they will say to them but in reality bow down and accept the tit with a smile
That's my manager, about our MD. And to be honest, other managers and supervisors at our other site. Just slags everyone off, and then bends over for them when they say anything.

Reactions: 3
Urgh yesss and they’re always the same people that constantly try to convince you to confront your own boss to get yourself in tit or complain about them to higher up for their own benefit. My friend from my previous job was the WORST for this. We had the same manager and I couldn’t have one tiny moan about her without her lecturing me about how she wouldn’t have it, I needed to speak my mind to tell people higher up yada yada.

Then when it came to her own issues with our manager it was always the same thing over and over - “I’m sick of this, I’m putting a meeting in and telling her I’ve had enough” (a few days later) “Did you put that meeting in?” “Er no cause I’m just gonna bring it up in our 1:1” (a few days after that) “How did it go?” “Oh er yeah it was fine… I wasn’t too harsh as I don’t think it’s fair to not give her a chance to rectify things” 🙄🙄🙄 yet with me it was always “you need to bring the Head Of into your 1:1 and just let her have it” 😂 as if lol

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Urgh yesss and they’re always the same people that constantly try to convince you to confront your own boss to get yourself in tit or complain about them to higher up for their own benefit. My friend from my previous job was the WORST for this. We had the same manager and I couldn’t have one tiny moan about her without her lecturing me about how she wouldn’t have it, I needed to speak my mind to tell people higher up yada yada.

Then when it came to her own issues with our manager it was always the same thing over and over - “I’m sick of this, I’m putting a meeting in and telling her I’ve had enough” (a few days later) “Did you put that meeting in?” “Er no cause I’m just gonna bring it up in our 1:1” (a few days after that) “How did it go?” “Oh er yeah it was fine… I wasn’t too harsh as I don’t think it’s fair to not give her a chance to rectify things” 🙄🙄🙄 yet with me it was always “you need to bring the Head Of into your 1:1 and just let her have it” 😂 as if lol
Oh gawd yes, I used to have one of those 'you shoulds' in my life. We were actually colleagues at one stage, and remained friends for quite some time afterwards. But I realised that - among other things - about her.

It sticks in my mind that one year she was encouraging me to not attend my work Christmas party. I had probably said I wasn't sure about attending, couldn't be bothered or whatever. Meanwhile she was actually flying home from a work assignment abroad in order to attend hers. She always needed to be seen to do the right thing. That probably isn't making my point very well. But it was one of the first times that I thought 🤔🤔

A great woman at making snowballs for others to fire, I think with hindsight. Our paths crossed in more recent years and a friend who now works with her commented on the fact that she was well able to gripe about their mutual boss, but was all sweetness and light to his face

It reminds me a bit of Friends where Chandler and Joey are advising Rachel to quit her job. She asks why they don't quit theirs and they say 'oh no we are too afraid' or something like that. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 2
  • Asking if a task has been completed a month ago when they were clearly CCed in to the email and acknowledged this during a meeting back then and to my face.
  • Inviting me to meetings and then pointing out to everyone involved I don't really know whats going on and I'm not really "added value" (after telling me my attendance was mandatory and I had something to add).
  • Randomly changing my manager to someone in the team who is impossible to get a hold of via phone, Teams, email unless if it benefits them. Because apparently they don't have time anymore (I've had one 1-2-1 in the six months I've been here lol)
  • Telling me I'm no longer needed for a function 15 minutes before I'm due to attend a meeting.
  • Three weeks later asking me if minutes for the function I was told not to attend were completed.
  • When an unfounded client complaint is passed on to her (note - someone not receiving a response in LESS THAN 20 MINUTES) - telling me to drop everything to sort when they could take three seconds to review the time-stamps and tell the client to professionally piss off.
  • Expecting everyone over the Commonwealth Games to be working from 5am to 2am every day because we want to.
My director, ladies and gentleman. Hopefully this interview goes well on Wednesdaaaaaaaay

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
When the same person takes the smelliest tit at the same time every day leaving the toilets out of bounds for an hour 🤧

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh gawd yes, I used to have one of those 'you shoulds' in my life. We were actually colleagues at one stage, and remained friends for quite some time afterwards. But I realised that - among other things - about her.

It sticks in my mind that one year she was encouraging me to not attend my work Christmas party. I had probably said I wasn't sure about attending, couldn't be bothered or whatever. Meanwhile she was actually flying home from a work assignment abroad in order to attend hers. She always needed to be seen to do the right thing. That probably isn't making my point very well. But it was one of the first times that I thought 🤔🤔

A great woman at making snowballs for others to fire, I think with hindsight. Our paths crossed in more recent years and a friend who now works with her commented on the fact that she was well able to gripe about their mutual boss, but was all sweetness and light to his face

It reminds me a bit of Friends where Chandler and Joey are advising Rachel to quit her job. She asks why they don't quit theirs and they say 'oh no we are too afraid' or something like that. 😁
No I totally get you! Funnily enough the manager I referenced in my previous post also used to do the exact same thing to me - E.g. I handed in my notice just after she went on mat leave so we met for lunch to discuss my reasons, she also did not get on with the Head Of and was not subtle about it either so we had a bitching session about him too. Except in response to my minor gripes it was “no no no that’s not okay, you need to go to the director about this. How about I put in a meeting for us three or I can go to her for you?” Like yeah… Do you think I was born yesterday?

Reactions: 1
When the same person takes the smelliest tit at the same time every day leaving the toilets out of bounds for an hour 🤧
every office seems to have their own phantom shitter ..and women are definitely not as ladylike in the toilet dept as people think!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to work in a place where several ladies left to have their first babies (all within months of each other).

On their final days, all the management would make a point of saying they'd better not forget us - they'd better come and visit and show us the baby, etc., ... and in every single case, those ladies were made to feel unwelcome and as if they were disrupting everyone. Those who stopped working to go and say hello to the lady and see her baby, would do so very briefly - while management sneered at them - and they lady would leave soon after.

It was rude and embarrassing - eventually these ladies stopped coming in, which was a bit of a relief!

Reactions: 4
every office seems to have their own phantom shitter ..and women are definitely not as ladylike in the toilet dept as people think!
Very true.

When I worked in an office I'd carry a can of air freshener with me just in case ... previously, I'd leave one in the powder rooms but someone would nearly always flog it!

This person in my team keeps saying they feel overlooked because no one speaks to them. Truth be told, this person is the most heartless person I've ever met in my life and exude negative energy all around. It's no surprise people don't approach them. I don't know what it is they expect when they're rude to everyone around them even me the only person who makes an effort to interact with them.

Reactions: 4
I was talking about my boss this morning and although I wasnt slating her or anything, I was gossiping about an incident that had happened the day before involving her. She was only in the doorway listening wasn't she😳

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
So after my manager being randomly changed to someone who never answers Teams messages or anything unless if it benefits her I've had a bollocking about not answering emails in two inboxes I've had duck all training in or even made aware of. Apparently all emails (keep in mind I'm heaving with work from 9 - 5:00pm) need to be answered within 24 hours (despite separate SLAs and OOO for these are 48 working hours). This is also in a team of three others who apparently have no time to pop on at all to check these?

Half the correspondence in one is for an aspect I have no idea about and quite frankly need to be escalated. I'm told today when looking at them and pointing this out (people asking for procedures with adjustments due to disabilities and requirements) to just follow templates that DONT ANSWER ANYTHING THEY'VE ASKED. If anyone got a dismissive email they'd rightfully kick off!

Interview went really well and I have a 2nd round on Friday when I'm on annual leave. Some realistic prep at the weekend and I'm really hoping it goes well so I can just leave this ridiculous chaos prior to a super busy period in July....

Reactions: 7
I'm dealing with a lady at the moment who seems very nice but her baby talk drives me nuts!

Example:
Me: "Could you please extend the training out for two weeks in August ... just to cover off anything else that might crop up in the meantime?"
Her: "Okey dokey chokey wokey. Croppy woppy no soppy!"

I kid you not.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
We seem to be the only department who answers their phones. We get hundreds of calls every day and I would say a small handful are actually to do with what we do in our office.

And then when we explain that they've come through to the wrong department and we'll transfer them, we get huffed at down the phone 🙄 we've checked the Internet and our numbers are the only linked to our department so it's not like the wrong numbers are being displayed!
Brings back memories of when I worked for a further ed college in their library! We were too helpful basically. Reception was staffed by 3 old ladies, 2 were grouchy as anything and the other one just seemed to sit there. They didn’t seem to know anything either. Student Services were closed half the time or didn’t answer the phone. So every query came through to us and most of my colleagues would end up dealing with it even though it had nothing to do with the library. Bloody ridiculous.

This week I was asked by a CEO advice/ for support with something in my area of expertise (so you know.. doing the job I’m paid to do). I said of course but made them aware that there was a breakdown in communication somewhere and we have a solution in place that’s not built to standard and fundamentally wrong, built by someone who doesn’t know their arse from their elbow. The reply : “thanks for your help, we’ll go with the solution X made” felt like replying with “your funeral”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.