Anna Mathur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why hasn’t this woman got her own thread already!!??!!

Everything is fake or staged!

Jumped on the home interior band wagon to get her followers up before changing to mental health.

Followers messaging her about her being on the front of a magazine. You look nothing like Ann Hathaway!!
Very fake , very clever not at all likeable once you scratch the surface ! Look at who she follows Bloody Rebecca Meldrum amongst other narcissistic, entitled spoilt brats , judge by the company they keep good honest people do not allybthemselves with greedy, racist, beggy dishonest channels ( unless of course they are trying to build their own brand ! )

Reactions: 5
Is “Ella” the live in au pair/nanny ? Never heard her talk about Ella and now just before lockdown Ella moves in for a few weeks...

Reactions: 3
She said a while ago that she is a friend who has moved in with them due to distancing issues with her own family. Guessing maybe Ella lives with a healthcare professional and has a condition that means she is high risk if she catches it?

She said a while ago that she is a friend who has moved in with them due to distancing issues with her own family. Guessing maybe Ella lives with a healthcare professional and has a condition that means she is high risk if she catches it?
This could be true but I guess it’s Ella who looks after the kids. You see taryn and Anna working from home but you never see the children much even now we are in a lockdown. Anna still has lots of time/opportunities to do stories whilst most of us working from home with kids have no spare time at all?!

Reactions: 1
Why is she so passive aggressive in her stories? It's so uncomfortably awkward to watch. It appears as if she is constantly trying to passively insult her husband on Instagram and she hates her life. Everything she says sounds so contrived and passively negative.

It's stealth boasting and she's got to keep her engagement up for the book release. She must be fuming that she can't do book signings to meet other mums and tell them all how superior she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
At first I was surprised to see she had a thread, but remembered I hadnt followed her again when I rejoined insta. Hmm. She did help me when I was in a bad place, but I guess I dont connect now

Why does she keep forcing people to buy her book in these crucial times? I'm sure people can buy an e-book or audio book and benefit equally rather than order a hard copy from Amazon. It's not fair to put delivery driver's lives on risk to keep buying unnecessary rubbish from Amazon. I'm sure she will have plenty of opportunity to sell her book in a few months time. She needs to give it a rest with selling her book. It's constant swipe up all day everyday to pre-order her book. The delivery drivers deserve to stay at home with their families in these times just like your family Anna

• Heart
Doesn't make what she is doing on an everyday basis any less bad. Just because someone else is doing wrong doesn't mean it is ok for you to do so too.

I did used to really like Anna, but the book thing has pissed me off.

She curated a whole feed around being a down-to-earth, busy mum, running a house with three kids while her husband works away during the week. Relatable! I'm just like you! Blah blah blah.

Turns out the whole bleeping time she was writing a book! She definitely didn't do that without massive amounts of behind the scenes help. Why couldn't she just be honest? I thought she was being real with us, when in truth she's been upstairs writing from 9-3 while the nanny was looking after the kids and whipping the hoover round. Not as relatable is it?

The way she announced it was like: 'oh I just knocked out a book in between cooking chicken nuggets and doing the night feeds'. It's a lie. And it's lies like that which make women feel inadequate.

'If she managed to write a book while single-handedly looking after three pre-schoolers during the week, why can't I? I can just about manage to blow dry my hair in the morning and remember which day to put the bins out. Why am I so crap? I feel a failure.'

Because it's bollocks.

We could all churn out 300 pages of mediocre mum-lit if we had six uninterrupted hours to ourselves every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Doesn't make what she is doing on an everyday basis any less bad. Just because someone else is doing wrong doesn't mean it is ok for you to do so too.
Its 'less bad' as others are doing it more, on a literal level. But my thinking was more, ive seen other IGers do it and theres no call out for it and theyre shameless with it. I didnt say Anna was right or guilt free.

I did used to really like Anna, but the book thing has pissed me off.

She curated a whole feed around being a down-to-earth, busy mum, running a house with three kids while her husband works away during the week. Relatable! I'm just like you! Blah blah blah.

Turns out the whole bleeping time she was writing a book! She definitely didn't do that without massive amounts of behind the scenes help. Why couldn't she just be honest? I thought she was being real with us, when in truth she's been upstairs writing from 9-3 while the nanny was looking after the kids and whipping the hoover round. Not as relatable is it?

The way she announced it was like: 'oh I just knocked out a book in between cooking chicken nuggets and doing the night feeds'. It's a lie. And it's lies like that which make women feel inadequate.

'If she managed to write a book while single-handedly looking after three pre-schoolers during the week, why can't I? I can just about manage to blow dry my hair in the morning and remember which day to put the bins out. Why am I so crap? I feel a failure.'

Because it's bollocks.

We could all churn out 300 pages of mediocre mum-lit if we had six uninterrupted hours to ourselves every day.
Didnt want the extra pressure of everyone knowing she was writing it, i guess. I remember she would get so many comments telling her she should write a book but she always kind of shushed them. So itd make sense if she was more guarded about it? Clarity would have been good, as shes generally portrayed herself as honest, but I can understand why she didnt say.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Its 'less bad' as others are doing it more, on a literal level. But my thinking was more, ive seen other IGers do it and theres no call out for it and theyre shameless with it. I didnt say Anna was right or guilt free.

Didnt want the extra pressure of everyone knowing she was writing it, i guess. I remember she would get so many comments telling her she should write a book but she always kind of shushed them. So itd make sense if she was more guarded about it? Clarity would have been good, as shes generally portrayed herself as honest, but I can understand why she didnt say.
She didn't need to say she was writing a book. She could have just said she was working on her online courses or something. She deliberately makes it look like she just fits in her psychotherapy practice and writing after the kids have gone to bed, and that's simply not the case. She's a working mother with proper childcare to facilitate - and it's very disingenuous to pretend otherwise for 'likes' and content. Especially when your audience is, by design, anxious mums.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She didn't need to say she was writing a book. She could have just said she was working on her online courses or something. She deliberately makes it look like she just fits in her psychotherapy practice and writing after the kids have gone to bed, and that's simply not the case. She's a working mother with proper childcare to facilitate - and it's very disingenuous to pretend otherwise for 'likes' and content. Especially when your audience is, by design, anxious mums.
And this is why it feels very unethical

Reactions: 6
Yeah I understand, I didnt personally get that impression but if youre going to profit from it, clarity is needed.

Reactions: 2
It's just the blatant lying and hypocrisy. She grabs your attention by overly complicating her life and constant whinging about how hard her life is and similar to Karen living in a rented house without childcare working a minimum wage job. While Anna is extremely privileged, she went to university, worked hard on her career for years to do well in it, then met someone who has even more successful career and can afford her a very lavish lifestyle. They have lots of luxuries that her audience don't. The constant hypocrisy of Anna to all these poor mums who follow her to constantly shout look at me I'm just like you is so so wrong on so many levels. It is so unprofessional of her to bring business using emotional tools such as 'look at me I'm a woman just like you, I don't have time to do my makeup today just like you, I'm getting therapy just like you, i burnt my dinner today just like you and here buy my therapy sessions and I'll help you as a professional therapist. This is so unprofessional. Imagine solicitors and doctors and dermatologists start going on Instagram to prey clients, prey on their vulnerability then say I'll meet you at office tomorrow to help with your will, your bad skin etc. This is exactly what she is doing... I'm a professional and I realize my privilege in life and I'm very blessed. I'm not the same as someone who fell pregnant at a younger age and didn't have the same opportunities as me in life. And the way Anna is winning business is not the correct way to win business.

She should acknowledge her privilege and accept she is not in the same situation as other mums. You can see her husband is entertaining boys while she is recording her audio book and podcasts. She is going for solo walks while the nanny and husband are looking after children. This is not a woman who is so trapped with kids that she can't look after herself. Anna is a privileged woman with multiplies opportunities to write a book, podcasts etc and she needs to be clear about it. You just don't write a book. You don't wake up and say whoopsie my book is coming out next month. You work months and months for it and have meetings, find a publisher, invested etc. It just doesn't happen like Anna seems to portray. She is a professional business woman who is making all this happen. She is not some poor old mum who runs upstairs to write a book while kids are crying downstairs. She has the opportunity and means to arrange proper childcare to do so and she needs to be grateful for it and acknowledge. She is constantly moaning all day everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I honestly have never got the impression from her that she tries to say she ISNT priviliged?

& just because she is fortunate enough to have help (definitely jealous!), doesnt mean she doesnt still get stressed & flustered like other mums? Surely as she is addressing anxiety, shes right to say if shes feeling all over the place? Even the most priviliged people feel depressed or anxious sometimes. I was due to become a social worker and it was discussed so often that its often seen as a positive when people have experienced hardship themselves as it offers an insight that someone unaffected doesnt have. Isnt this the same?

(Ive recently started following her again so its interesting to see how shes been perceived)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.