Anna Mathur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone who posts themselves crying on social media for likes is an asshole in my opinion. And how does the hcpc not clamp down on this type of behaviour, it's completely unprofessional to blur your private and professional lives. Imagine having a therapy session with her after seeing the post above!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Anyone who posts themselves crying on social media for likes is an asshole in my opinion. And how does the hcpc not clamp down on this type of behaviour, it's completely unprofessional to blur your private and professional lives. Imagine having a therapy session with her after seeing the post above!
I guess she’s trying to be relatable? Is that not aloud? I’m not arguing, I have not clue about this 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure she would be hcpc registered, but definitely is BACP registered.

Reactions: 1
She is so contrived. It's all staged to make her money. "Look I'm so ditzy I keep burning pancakes, I'm just a normal mum, now please buy my course."

It reminds me on the tit parent act that stacey and PTWM put on too.

I dont see how being a therapist means she knows better than us? It's a profession. She studied and got a degree. Like teachers, nurses etc. Being a good therapist, I feel, comes from experience. I dont think she has much of that as 90% of her week is insta storying how 'real' she is by getting lost, saying something embarrassing to the builders or burning those damn pancakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was always afraid of starting a thread on this one coz I thought I was literally the only person who thought she was fake and contrived. Esp when she only had a rave thread. Thanks you lot for restoring my faith in tattle 👏🏼

I intensely disliked her since this post
I think it was around the time of this post I unfollowed. Can’t put my finger on why, maybe her love of oversharing just doesn’t sit right, just not my type of person, each to their own.

Reactions: 5

Lots of mental health professionals have lived experience of mental health problems. That doesn’t make someone unprofessional, it just makes them human too.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Lots of mental health professionals have lived experience of mental health problems. That doesn’t make someone unprofessional, it just makes them human too.
I think you can show you have experiences of things and still be professional. I don’t think she comes across as professional on Instagram

Unfortunately as much as I used to really like her, she’s going the same way as all of the others 😢 She did a Q&A a few weeks ago and somebody questioned her on how she felt about using aff links alongside her mental health advice and how she could justify it. She went full on defensive with her answer that went on forever and came across as a bit of a witch to be honest - it put me right off her 🤷‍♀️ She’s clearly spending too much time with the other instachums now and it’s rubbing off - I’d love to be a fly on the wall when she gets together with Cara and Elle - I bet they have a right laugh about all of us gullible followers 😟

Reactions: 10
Elle has had lots of criticism this week when she asked people to stop posting about the election. It's the first time she's really been criticised abbr she did not like it one bit. They're all lovely until they're questioned about their morals

Reactions: 5
Elle has had lots of criticism this week when she asked people to stop posting about the election. It's the first time she's really been criticised abbr she did not like it one bit. They're all lovely until they're questioned about their morals
I saw her posting about not talking about the election but I didn’t see any criticism, how did she take it?

Reactions: 1
A book to sell, capitalising on poor new mums! I sometimes feel the whole of Insta is set up to exploit and pick on mother's and women. It's insane. If I had a friend who was a mum and was struggling the last thing I'd tel her to do is but an expensive book about how our anxieties are part of us. I'd ask her to speak to a health care professional and see if she had a real life support system. Have they all really learned nothing from the clemmie debacle.

Reactions: 12
I really like her. She sent me an incredibly kind, thoughtful reply when I was struggling with a PTSD diagnosis, and I found her posts about intrusive thoughts genuinely helpful. She genuinely engages with her followers. I’m not mad on affiliate links, but they’re always properly labeled and I don’t feel like her feed is full of them.
Agree

Right I used to follow her but I found some of her stuff just didn't add up. One post about why she has a cleaner then a post a few months later about how she loves to clean and loves a tidy house, I'm like hun, did u forget you told us all you had a cleaner?!

Then one time aaages ago she was on stories eating smoked salmon from the pack and was acting all ditzy saying ' does anyone else eat out of date Salmon ..oooos hope I don't get sick!' The date was on full show and was no where near its sell by!
I’ve got a cleaner, but still clean and tidy my house and weirdly enjoy it . I find it therapeutic for some reason.

Reactions: 2
I’ve unfollowed few months ago. I’d seen how she had ranted when questioned about add link for the leggings.
I used to like Ana, like most people there felt she is a genuine and ‘different’
But all I can say is she is a clever business woman and the advantage that her degree gives her is in how to manipulate followers.
She is clever in the way she does it, you almost don’t notice it.
She can’t stand a mess, but then figure out she is not relatable so must show her messy house.
She can’t cook, appears scatty, struggles, messy house, vulnerable ( I’m just like you guys ) but I believe it is quite the opposite. I think she is cashing on a trend.
Yes she replied to people but that’s because she is a clever, professional not because she is a ‘nice’ girl and likes you.
I can completely see through this.
Oh and the moment she started mixing with Instahuns, need I say more.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do believe she is cashing in on the hopeless monther, struggling trend. She clearly has a solid marriage with a husband who has a good job. They live in a very nice house in a nice area. Not exactly hard done by!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
that's what makes it worse. Her selling is by stealth and as a health care professional, selling health care, her duty of care is higher than that ood someone like Mrs hinch. She plays on, and creates/ contrives insecurities, then comes the hard sell sell sell. It's way worse than the bog standard Insta mums selling us cleaning products and housewares. The most cringe aspect is the very fake conversations/double entendres she stories about where she makes herself look like an accidental Bridget Jones/Benny hill.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve unfollowed few months ago. I’d seen how she had ranted when questioned about add link for the leggings.
I used to like Ana, like most people there felt she is a genuine and ‘different’
But all I can say is she is a clever business woman and the advantage that her degree gives her is in how to manipulate followers.
She is clever in the way she does it, you almost don’t notice it.
She can’t stand a mess, but then figure out she is not relatable so must show her messy house.
She can’t cook, appears scatty, struggles, messy house, vulnerable ( I’m just like you guys ) but I believe it is quite the opposite. I think she is cashing on a trend.
Yes she replied to people but that’s because she is a clever, professional not because she is a ‘nice’ girl and likes you.
I can completely see through this.
Oh and the moment she started mixing with Instahuns, need I say more.
Absolutely spot on

Reactions: 2
I am so glad other people are sharing my view of this woman. I followed her for a week or two and then found her almost insufferable to watch. She’s just not my cup of tea at all.
As others have said she does come across as incredibly patronising and very middle class and privileged yet trying to paint her life as pretty normal. I don’t know if it is intentional and if that is her target ‘market’ but I struggle to relate to her. I’ve personally never dm’d her but it’s nice to know she does reply to people and seems to genuinely care.
No idea if anyone else gets this vibe but she comes across as a little bit lost and lonely to me. Feels like she really needs Instagram as there is something missing from her life which again is another reason I can’t watch her stories - there is just something about her- anyone else?!?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She got my goat this week (is that the expression?!) when she said her and the kids had the norovirus so were off school and preschool but took them out for lunch because they were running around and completely fine! It’s about containment of germs for goodness sake! She could make someone really poorly doing that, especially people with vulnerable immune systems!

that's what makes it worse. Her selling is by stealth and as a health care professional, selling health care, her duty of care is higher than that ood someone like Mrs hinch. She plays on, and creates/ contrives insecurities, then comes the hard sell sell sell. It's way worse than the bog standard Insta mums selling us cleaning products and housewares. The most cringe aspect is the very fake conversations/double entendres she stories about where she makes herself look like an accidental Bridget Jones/Benny hill.
Spot on! The bridget Jones/benny hill act is wearing thin. Shes obviously a very clever woman. But hey whatever sells more courses!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.