Anna Mathur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does she pretend to live a charmed life? I am genuinely curious, as she is quite open talking about how hard things are sometimes. Her husband works long hours and goes without seeing the kids through the week at times. Shes said before she is lucky he has such a well paid job that allows her to work from home and not as many hours. She gives discount codes away no questions asked for her courses when in reality she could charge what she wants. She sold blom cards way back in the beginning and I dont remember people getting annoyed by that then.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I find her unsavoury. Seems very contrived and staged. Very Mean girls and pretentious. “Oh, you feel tit about yourself, here buy my course because I know better than you”.

Shes a qualified therapist, she does know better than most.
Anna is that you??? 🤣🤣🤣

More and more people are questioning her account because 1. She doesn't have that much experience as a therapist 2. She is constantly flogging her services without any sign posting to free nhs resources which are the same/ similar to her offerings but at zero cost 3. She hides her huge haul of gifted and ad items in stories 4. As a therapist she knows the dynamic here is one of vulnerable followers and exploitation. That's the Insta model and it really is not acceptable.

Also anna, as you've joined us on this thread, please explain why you keep selling those awful extortionate prices cards when you know the evidence base for using them as a mood enhancer is zero. It's pure exploitation. Your growth had been off the back of mental health issues and exploitation of vulnerable people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Anna is that you??? 🤣🤣🤣

More and more people are questioning her account because 1. She doesn't have that much experience as a therapist 2. She is constantly flogging her services without any sign posting to free nhs resources which are the same/ similar to her offerings but at zero cost 3. She hides her huge haul of gifted and ad items in stories 4. As a therapist she knows the dynamic here is one of vulnerable followers and exploitation. That's the Insta model and it really is not acceptable.

Also anna, as you've joined us on this thread, please explain why you keep selling those awful extortionate prices cards when you know the evidence base for using them as a mood enhancer is zero. It's pure exploitation. Your growth had been off the back of mental health issues and exploitation of vulnerable people.
I have to agree. Although there are a lot of good people on insta who offer professional therapy services (I have no opinion on her professional services) I think it becomes very murky if you are simultaneously offering mental health services AND doing gifted/ad content too. The two should not mix. See Michelle (previously Dear Orla) - a complete professional. Not dicking about with flogging stuff, she just focuses on what’s important.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have to agree. Although there are a lot of good people on insta who offer professional therapy services (I have no opinion on her professional services) I think it becomes very murky if you are simultaneously offering mental health services AND doing gifted/ad content too. The two should not mix. See Michelle (previously Dear Orla) - a complete professional. Not dicking about with flogging stuff, she just focuses on what’s important.
And not only that, it’s unusual for a therapist to show so much of their personal life to clients.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yea of course, someone puts up a counter narrative and it must be the person themselves 🙄 all I'll say is I've followed her since she was mamas scrapbook and she used to do regular live chats and answer questions, helped alot of folk. She kept getting asked the same questions so put some courses together and free blog posts etc. No one is forced to buy anything from her she gives alot of advice for free. I get that we all have our different opinions, I'm fine with that. I just dont see her in the same league as the good for nothing instamums flogging cheap tat, exposing their kids and begging for new sofs. I can agree to disagree and leave it at that.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Yea of course, someone puts up a counter narrative and it must be the person themselves 🙄 all I'll say is I've followed her since she was mamas scrapbook and she used to do regular live chats and answer questions, helped alot of folk. She kept getting asked the same questions so put some courses together and free blog posts etc. No one is forced to buy anything from her she gives alot of advice for free. I get that we all have our different opinions, I'm fine with that. I just dont see her in the same league as the good for nothing instamums flogging cheap tat, exposing their kids and begging for new sofs. I can agree to disagree and leave it at that.
No she’s certainly not instahun level and it’s clear that therapy and mental health is her passion and it’s refreshing that she doesn’t profit from her kids, but the allure of the freebie life seems hard to resist, let’s hope she can stay above it all.

Reactions: 4
I really like her content. Maybe I am being naive but she seems more ‘real’ than most.

Reactions: 12
I used to really like her but now I skip her stories. There is something about her that REALLY bugs me but I can’t put my finger on it

Reactions: 6
If you watch closely you can tell she has rehearsed everything she's going to say as she watches the timer and knows exactly when it's going to cut off. Contrived to duck. Rich white bored privileged housewife trying to pretend she's just one of us, struggling with life and 'swipe up for my overpriced course with a discount for everybody because I'M SO BLOODY GENEROUS'.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Such a shame as she really did have potential to be 'something' on instagram. It was so refreshing seeing someone use the platform to promote mental health and get people talking. I honestly believe if she had remained authentic, she could have had an amazing career off the back of social media. Like being a guest speaker on this morning etc. It just went to her head unfortunately and she's morphed into yet another insta-hun-mum-bot. Now she will go no further than having other insta-hun-mum-bots (like Cara suthers, hunters and heels etc) telling her she's amazing while she tries to make money from swipe up ads.

• Haha
Such a shame as she really did have potential to be 'something' on instagram. It was so refreshing seeing someone use the platform to promote mental health and get people talking. I honestly believe if she had remained authentic, she could have had an amazing career off the back of social media. Like being a guest speaker on this morning etc. It just went to her head unfortunately and she's morphed into yet another insta-hun-mum-bot. Now she will go no further than having other insta-hun-mum-bots (like Cara suthers, hunters and heels etc) telling her she's amazing while she tries to make money from swipe up ads.

She acts like she is the only woman to have ever given birth

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I find her stories quite staged and forced, I’ve heard her say she only comes on when she thinks of something funny and I remember her doing a poll asking if she should come on and just chat normally and the majority said no keep it how it is 😂. I also remember her keep mentioning and hinting at her writing a book and would people be interested so I guess it’s something she’s really wanted and now she’s made it happen. I think a lot of people find her quite helpful and love her insta posts, I’ve followed her since she had quite a small following and hid it from her husband and I just can’t seem to give her up!

Reactions: 4
Agree with you on this one.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.