Anna Mathur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so glad other people are sharing my view of this woman. I followed her for a week or two and then found her almost insufferable to watch. She’s just not my cup of tea at all.
As others have said she does come across as incredibly patronising and very middle class and privileged yet trying to paint her life as pretty normal. I don’t know if it is intentional and if that is her target ‘market’ but I struggle to relate to her. I’ve personally never dm’d her but it’s nice to know she does reply to people and seems to genuinely care.
No idea if anyone else gets this vibe but she comes across as a little bit lost and lonely to me. Feels like she really needs Instagram as there is something missing from her life which again is another reason I can’t watch her stories - there is just something about her- anyone else?!?!
I lasted a week of following this woman, before I quickly unfollowed. She is painful and very needy.

Reactions: 6
I can’t stand mothers who clearly are wealthy enough not to have to work lecturing us in being better parents.

I’m pretty such she has a cleaner etc. It’s very easy for her to spend hours coming up with airy fairy posts about mental health

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve just seen there is a book out, you can pre order... I don’t think she was so busy cleaning up her kids mess after all!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
More pictures of her messy kitchen with some philosophical drivel of love your self. She is totally in control but figured unmumsymum formula works for masses. It is getting so boring now. I have only seen it as a friend sent a message along the lines, of you most follow this lady. Sure.

Reactions: 7
I am so glad other people are sharing my view of this woman. I followed her for a week or two and then found her almost insufferable to watch. She’s just not my cup of tea at all.
As others have said she does come across as incredibly patronising and very middle class and privileged yet trying to paint her life as pretty normal. I don’t know if it is intentional and if that is her target ‘market’ but I struggle to relate to her. I’ve personally never dm’d her but it’s nice to know she does reply to people and seems to genuinely care.
No idea if anyone else gets this vibe but she comes across as a little bit lost and lonely to me. Feels like she really needs Instagram as there is something missing from her life which again is another reason I can’t watch her stories - there is just something about her- anyone else?!?!
I used to like her, but now not so sure. The content is constant and it makes me wonder if she gives herself much time to do normal life

I think the same

Reactions: 2
The level of patronising content and exploitation is horrendous. Her new book is called 'mind over mother'. And it's going to ''change people's experiences of motherhood'!!. Wow Anna, nothing you say or do will change my experience of motherhood. It's my journey and mine alone so please don't place me in a homogenous mass of 'mothers' you think you can cure with your contrived words and poems.

The assumption that buying her book will make us better mothers, or cure pnd on any level is patronising and absurd. Speaking from my own personal experience nothing in any book would have changed my experience, that change came from medical assistance. Now that she has another product to sell her portrayal of herself as a stressed new mum will escalate. She likes to pretend to embody the characteristics the 'mothers' she writes about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I honestly don’t know who I loathe more, Instagramers selling us perfect life through ‘products’ or likes of Anna selling us self help books for our mental health. Saving us all from ourselves. Wrong on so many levels.
I can’t believe how many people are so impressed with what she says as if she is saying something new or profound.

• Heart
I honestly don’t know who I loathe more, Instagramers selling us perfect life through ‘products’ or likes of Anna selling us self help books for our mental health. Saving us all from ourselves. Wrong on so many levels.
I can’t believe how many people are so impressed with what she says as if she is saying something new or profound.
So patronising for mums who have kids older than hers. My parents didnt have self help books. My mum and nan would laugh so hard at this. My nan brought up 6 kids with hardly any money and my mum and siblings were happy enough. Fair enough she has written a book, it takes a lot to write a book but so many are writing books yawn that are patronising.

• Heart
So patronising for mums who have kids older than hers. My parents didnt have self help books. My mum and nan would laugh so hard at this. My nan brought up 6 kids with hardly any money and my mum and siblings were happy enough. Fair enough she has written a book, it takes a lot to write a book but so many are writing books yawn that are patronising.
I often wonder how I managed to bring up 3 wonderful kids without the help of these wonderful instagram gurus 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes because Anna can 'change your experience of motherhood'. She KNOWS this for a fact!

• Haha
I like her. I had the most horrendous PND which led to total anxiety about everything to do with bringing up,kids. If I’d have had someone like Anna to listen too occasionally I think it would have been really reassuring. I was so embarrassed by how I was (it was like a massive secret) so knowing I wasn’t the only one would have helped I’m sure. Perhaps I’m just totally naive but I do feel her courses etc. could help and if she’s bright enough to have developed them and genuinely feels they can be of use then why not advertise them?

Reactions: 3
I like her. I had the most horrendous PND which led to total anxiety about everything to do with bringing up,kids. If I’d have had someone like Anna to listen too occasionally I think it would have been really reassuring. I was so embarrassed by how I was (it was like a massive secret) so knowing I wasn’t the only one would have helped I’m sure. Perhaps I’m just totally naive but I do feel her courses etc. could help and if she’s bright enough to have developed them and genuinely feels they can be of use then why not advertise them?
I’m with you! I know this isn’t the rave thread but for balance I just wanted to say I think she’s great, I suffered with depression & anxiety after recurrent miscarriage and actually found Anna’s account when I was in the process of having cbt & counselling. I’ve messaged her many times and she’s always replied in a genuine caring way.
I think she is now trying to use her platform to not just help others which she is passionate about having suffered herself but also being a trained professional but also earn a living, she provides (and has done in the past) so much helpful content for free, she has every right to find ways to earn money from using her qualifications.
She’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, it would be a very boring world if we were all the same but there is nothing shady about this woman, she wants to help and cares about others. She’s no mrs hinch scamming people out of money pretending to be their friend.
Personally she has helped me along my road and I’m sure there are many others out there who feel the same.
😁😁😁

Yes because Anna can 'change your experience of motherhood'. She KNOWS this for a fact!
She has changed mine, without a doubt.

I feel like Anna is trying to ‘fix’ herself through all this.
She’s always said she’s a work in progress and has a therapist herself, nobody’s perfect...oh actually maybe you are if you can stand in judgement of someone you don’t know 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
I think there's a rave thread for her.

I thank whoever's posted before about her bridget Jones act cos now it makes her stories pathetically humorous!

I’ve unfollowed. When I first started following her, I had 2 kids & no car (we had a ‘family car’ my husband used for commuting). She was always in her big flashy car driving everywhere and her life was just so unrelatable to me and my little life. She did a post recently on one day where she’d got up at 5.30am?! I did this for YEARS; my younger was not a sleeper and I was still getting only 5hrs (broken!) sleep a night when she started school. I can’t relate to people who have children years younger than mine (mine 6 & 9) and get so much sleep 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.