Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hpprotego

Chatty Member
she’s going down the rabbit hole again. As much as I want to feel sorry for her and make excuses I just can’t. She’s going through another denial phase and I really think she needs off social media for at least a few months before she can really realise what she needs to do to keep herself healthy.

she’s promoting a life of back and forth and lies. It’s ludicrous and before long she’ll be in a hospital.

Reactions: 11
watching her video and what 😭 who walks past someone and “picks them apart” in their head ????? is she literally just telling us to be nice to people what is she talking about

Anna is so brave for showing her unposed photos on her story where she still has perfect abs, a completely flat stomach and no visible imperfections. I truly don't know what the world would do without her bravery she should be given a medal
there’s such little difference between the two loool I don’t really get it. It’s the opposite of helpful - as someone who is selfconscious of their stomach, I just found it triggering more than anything

mel7845

I've been thinking about this and in a way I can understand how she might be feeling & why she is making the choices she is.
Remember - she's 19. She's on a holiday where 9/10 you're in bathers or minimal clothing and with all (attractive) males.
She has a history of being very insecure with how she looks & probably is feeling the need to look a certain way to fit in with the guys.
This isn't me sticking up for her - I think she's still portraying confusing messages, but in a way I feel for her and understand her.
I understand this, but my issue isn't with her insecurities. It's her portrayal of herself being perfectly healthy. It's her glamorizing her return to disordered eating/exercise by rebranding it as a recovered/fixed relationship with food and fitness to her followers when it's so painfully not. Her posts are damaging to other people and that's where my frustration is coming from.

• Heart

tattlysquid

She's in recovery. She's eating to honor her extreme hunger (mental and physical). Despite your opinion, it's actually healthy for her in order to properly repair her relationship with food. It means not restricting herself from foods, whether that means eating something you label as "unhealthy." I believe it's good when she eats ice cream in the morning (or if she just eats it in general) if that's what her body is telling her to do. She's challenging her orthorexia and she's eating more so that her body can recover its natural functions.

As for anyone reading this that has struggled with restriction, once you start recovery, you will have to eat more and you will have to eat what you're craving. And, there is no such thing as a "bad" food. "Bad" implies immorality and why would food be immoral? Food is both for nourishment and enjoyment and you should not feel guilty about eating or what you're eating. Eating more and eating whatever you'd like in recovery is not binging, it's simply r e c o v e r y and you're doing what you need to do. Please don't ignore your mental hunger.
I totally understand your point. I think I phrased mine badly. I am in recovery from BED myself and agree with most of what you said. It was early, I was irate and I hadn’t had a coffee yet 😂

What I kind of meant was that you can hardly say she’s in recovery.. she’s got straight off the plane and gone to the gym, she’s tracking and she’s constantly food-focused, and she is constantly flip flopping between different ways of eating and preaching different advice. The girl needs to keep quiet until she has a clear message and some useful recovery advice to promote rather than her damaging tips and half arsed approach to recovering that i can already see ending in relapse - well, already is affecting her from what she said about Ibiza.

jeffegg82

Yesterday she promoted calorie tracking as positive and necessary, but today she's saying it's not necessary and she's fine without it. Not to be harsh, but I don't know if she's lazy, stupid or both. She never completes anything and she doesn't know what she's talking about. She should not be promoting anything online.

jeffegg82

Anna's issue is that she seems to think that her experience is the same as everyone else's and she has always based her "advice" off of that principle whilst making individual, situation based statements to a broad audience. Everyone's trauma, childhood, weight needs and wants are different.

So when she tells her entire audience to "just go for long walks", "just never lose weight", or "you would have gotten and ED without my influence" she's only saying it because walking worked for her and she got an ED because of her childhood trauma and wanting to lose weight.

She's incapable of uncoupling her experience with her attempts to advise people. I don't want to be harsh but I think it's a bit of immaturity and narcissism. She behaves as if science, fact and other people should follow her lead because she knows best. This would be more acceptable if what she was teaching followed logical and healthy principles, but she told people to do as she did whilst knowing she was bulimic and is now claiming vortex healing as a cure for trauma. In reality Anna has been through horrible things and should really not be advising anyone until she changes her immature, narcissistic mindset.

It's even worse knowing Anna reads this thread and reads how we are impacted negatively by her content, and she still posts. But hey, get that coin, girl!

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
i feel like we’re just watching her fall apart again... this is not recovery in any way shape or form. fasted running, going to the gym for a prolonged amount of time and still eating the lower calorie options. she needs help but instead she thinks she’s recovered from a month of listening to a wacky man and is now clearly back into trying to lose weight.

also literally just remembered this as i was typing, she’s said multiple times she hates running so wtf?

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
who’s seen her recent post? admitting ONCE AGAIN that 2 weeks ago in ibiza she was still restricting and was scared to order burgers, pizza, pasta etc. we literally noticed this and pointed it out. of course she was still restricting and it still hasn’t stopped! because eating disorders don’t just disappear after 2 fake therapy sessions in two months. this girl needs serious help. i’m genuinely concerned, about her and her impact on everyone who follows, watches and listens to her talk absolute crap.

• Angry

lisayan

All I can say is yikes, yikes, YIKES. "Whether or not you saw my videos, you would have struggled with this" just sounds like the biggest attempt at avoiding taking responsibility and is just straight up wrong. I remember in November or January she made this tiktok where she stated that she'd been bingeing due to critics saying she was eating too healthy, and that this behavior was caused by trying to satisfy them. Again just blaming everyone else when in reality it was due to restrictive eating.
There is so much wrong with inferring that others with EDs have also suffered trauma. Yes, it is one of the risk factors, but there are so many others, and no, Anna, this girl would not have struggled no matter what. That's like saying everyone with PTSD will also eventually develop an eating disorder. In fact, making such a claim can straight up cause someone to try to seek out a reason for trauma that would not necessarily have affected life otherwise and subsequently feel like they can't get better. She is directly harming her audience.
I really can't deal with her acting as if she knows everything there is about well-being when 1) she has no degree, and 2) whether she is aware of it or not, she is still not in a good headspace herself. Recovery doesn't happen overnight, especially not with pseudoscientific mumbo jumbo.

Jeeen22

Chatty Member
I really feel for her and like her a lot but if she has an eating disorder I think she should eventually say something because her content was really damaging and she insisted it was healthy. Sorry if that’s harsh but i think she and gymshark have a responsibility. I really wish her the best

jeffegg82

Her morning yoga is an ab workout and then she does a two hour gym session later in the day. She definitely still has issues with over exercising to compensate for her eating

pate

Ik many people have already said this but I find her extremely triggering nowadays. You can tell she’s actively loosing weight while trying to convince her audience she’s recovered. This cannot be healthy coming from a past of overexercising and ed. And just as we all predicted, she wore baggy clothes to cover the fact she gained weight but as soon as she makes weight loss progress, begins to wear smaller clothes such as crop tops.

toni

so weird she was like i physically couldn’t say thank you to the dead animals i was eating a couple months ago and now she’s like btw guys i eat meat now 😩 like why does she preach so hard for something then do a 180 you can’t follow her advice cause in 3 months she’ll say the opposite lol

ah i came on here to say everything thats basically already been said but so glad u guys think the same

going to the gym and running everyday when you’re in ‘recovery’ from an ed that invloved compulsive over-exercising is actually mind-boggling.

what’s worse is that she’s promoting it to her followers. don’t get me wrong its far better than before and at least she has some self awareness now but i actually kind of just want to shake her?

she’s spouting all of this bs about a very linear unrealistic recovery in the exact same way she promoted unrealistic and unhealthy weight loss goals.

it makes people like me, who’s had bulimia for 3 years and is trying so hard to recover, feel kind of terrible tbh. there’s no way i could just snap out of it in a couple of months.

i actually wish she’d just not go on social media for another few months AT LEAST. and if she has to then stop being triggering and giving people damaging advice.

so done

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
2393FC96-1E21-4624-A7B3-8BA10CD60CB2.png

why is she still obsessing over protein and hitting like 100g+ a day?! it’s completely unnecessary and not healthy to obsess over certain food groups. she’s not recovered at all, these small obsessive things drove her to a breaking point before, leading her to an ED / disordered eating so what’s different now? it’s just going to happen again 🙄

her brand is just so confusing now is it eating disorder recovery and therapy , veganism and yoga or going gym and energy drinks lool dunno if this makes sense but it’s like she can’t choose what she wants her identity to be online

Reactions: 10