Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The biggest joke of all of this is that her account is still called "annaarcherfitness"

She is not fit

She never was fit

She isn't talking about how to be fit

So why is "fitness" in her account?????????????????

The problem with Anna is that every time she says something she insists it's "the way."

"I used to binge but then I began eating high volume foods and now I'm sooo satisfied and happy."

"I used to push myself in the gym to lift weights but now I just go on long walks and feel soooo much better."

"I used to restrict my eating but now I eat intuitively and NoUrIsH myself!!!"

"I used to wake up early to work out and burn calories but now I sleep in!!!"

I don't believe a SINGLE WORD she says anymore. She is full of BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

mel7845

I honestly don't think she is young enough to use her age as an excuse. I feel like she is well aware of her behavior as she does follow other influencers who have struggled with disordered eating/eating disorders (anorexia recovery) that have been in months of recovery with no exercise (or very little low intensity) and 2500 (MINIMUM) cal daily intakes (Dr. Rinaldi's All-In approach). I think she just can't admit that she's wrong and she feels like every concern is an attack on her. Like, how awful was it of her to suggest you unfollow her because her content is triggering... She didn't seem sympathetic, felt like she was victim blaming ("my content isn't triggering at all. It's just you that's the problem! Not me. I've done nothing wrong. So, no, I won't take this down or acknowledge the harmful effect it had on you because it's your fault for getting triggered by it").

As for the fact that Anna is saying her recovery incorporates exercise because her struggles are more toward food, I disagree. She was walking a ton before and working out intensely before. This honestly doesn't feel anything like recovery to me. She was doing pretty well early on when all she would do was meditation/light yoga or very light weights and focus on form. But now, she's back to eating lower calories versions of certain meals and doing high intensity workouts. She's also obsessing over her stomach again (taking videos/pictures as she used to do to get likes/views and doing ab workouts like the roller). I'm struggling to find a difference between her then and her now.

I'm sorry, another thing I wanted to add about her post from close to a week ago where she talks about how she recovered. She listed out toward the end how she is "super kind" to herself now and doesn't "throw around negative comments" like "I look big, I look disgusting" and she instead replaces them "with positive affirmations".

So, she's equating being "big" with looking "disgusting" and juxtaposing that with "positive affirmations." Clearly, she's still in her ED mindset that being big is ugly and being fat or having fat is a negative thing... It makes me so sad because of all the girls and women who aim to have small bodies and visible abs when it's literally unsustainable and harmful (for most people) since our bodies require a higher body fat percentage to function properly. It's this mentality that leads so many to feel bad about themselves mentally which often leads to physical harm in terms of restriction, binging, purging, and other disordered eating/exercise behaviors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Not to be mean, but doesn't she get embarrassed? If I had gotten my Gymshark sponsorship by lying about my method of achieving my body, then had to "confess" that I lied, and then went on to continue to lie about recovery/being vegan/not tracking calories I'd just be so riddled with guilt and shame. Not shame for having an ED of course--shame for being a liar just to get likes and views online.

lmao her saying she’s diluting the almond milk in her oats because it’s too expensive (it’s the same one i get and it’s £1.80 for 1 litre) and then getting starbucks ???? obviously ‘expensive’ means different things to different people but i found it weird loooll and i literally used to dilute my almond milk all the time to cut calories 🙄

just because she’s doing stuff ‘different’ than she was before doesn’t mean it’s good, yes she may not be binging but over exercising is just as bad and a horrible thing to promote to her followers. she is not in recovery and they way shes promoting that can be harmful to people that follow what she does, I think she needs to take her recovery off the internet because she’s doing more harm than good

• Heart

toni

smh she is so irresponsible resorting to high intensity exercise is a HUGE red flag for anyone in recovery from an eating disorder especially when it’s not even been half a year...what’s the bet she’ll lose weight again and when people start commenting about it she’ll get all defensive and tell people she’s done it healthily cause she tells herself positive affirmations everyday 😭 like you can trust anything she says

• Heart

ghooddayinmymind

and now shes back working out without a sling two days after she TORE a ligament.. she was defo exaggerating or making it up because surely that stops you exercising for months

Reactions: 12

jeffegg82

Anna just admitted in a tiktok (now deleted but posted for about an hour) that she wanted to tell her audience about her bulimia but "the money was too good". It's so messed up that she knowingly gave people ED's and lied just for money. How is this not criminal and why won't she apologize?!?!

• Wow

kiwi3333

i've been reading this thread for a while and at first i didn't really agree but lately anna's content has gotten really odd and concerning. the last straw for me was her rant the other day about her body changing naturally as a result of her lifestyle instead of as a result of restriction. i agree that your body reflects your lifestyle and that you should see it as something to help you live life and do what you love. however, anna should not be losing weight yet(or ever, really). she's been in recovery for less than half a year, and there's absolutely no way anyone can fully recover in that time to the point that they have a completely neutral view of their body. mentally, weight loss can be really triggering to someone who is in recovery because it can make them want to keep losing and get back to their lowest weight. however, what i'm also really concerned about is the physical aspect of her health. just because her body was weight restored at one point doesn't mean her body was healed. once you are weight restored and get your period back, it can take months to regain any bone density lost during the initial weighloss(bone density loss is inevitable if you lose weight really quickly like anna did) and she wont be able to heal from that if she loses weight again. similarly, just because she got her period doesn't indicate a fully healthy body yet. once you have 3 periods in a row is when you know your body is safe, so losing weight while you're still in the process of getting your period regular is really counterproductive. and the thing is, when someone begins working out and running, it's natural to get more hungry and eat more calories in order to maintain a healthy weight. it's really concerning that although anna is working out again, she is not eating more than she was when she was sedentary, and as a result, is losing weight. prioritizing your "healthy" lifestyle of working out excessively over your health is just as dangerous and disordered to prioritizing a certain body type over your health. also it just really surprises me that her doctor/treatment team(if she has one) is letting her exercise when exercise was one of the main parts of her eating disorder.
also, has anyone else noticed that as she has lost weight recently, she's been wearing less baggy sweatshirts and sweatpants? like there was a phase(at her highest weight 2-3 months ago) when she wore only sweatshirts and sweatpants, and then she was like "i wear baggy clothes because i prefer them!!" but now as she has lost weight she is wearing leggings, shorts, and even a crop top in her recent post. it sends a really bad message towards her audience who she is supposedly teaching self love/acceptance and happiness to.

jeffegg82

Anna's newest clothing haul paid for and brought to you by marketing bulimia and anorexia to young girls 🥰😍😘 What a positive influence she is 💞

E24B0556-E499-4BA7-9727-C4014117ECF8.png

the irony of that second part of the comment when that was exactly what anna was doing!!! and she’s replied agreeing ????

FB638423-704B-4D3A-BCD0-44FEBA120612.png

ngl this has really annoyed me?? why does she think a quick instagram story makes up for months of encouraging people into this mindset - as well as the posts literally still being up!! i wish she would realise that she’s likely going to continue to influence people negatively while she’s in recovery because eating disorders don’t allow you to have a rational mindset about these things, like the whole plant based thing now most likely being another way to restrict.

• Angry

toni

The thing that bothers me the most is how she doesn’t care about what she puts out there 🙁

I’m sorry but if I had accidentally made even one girl out there develop disordered eating from the content I posted I would feel sick with guilt! I’m not saying she should beat herself up over it but she hasn’t really conveyed that she cares about the effects of her content on her audience only how it affected her…

• Angry

kitty2000

Idk why but I feel like the injury was made up to prevent having to do a gymshark post working out in their gym and that was the only thing she could think of to get out of doing that maybe or according to her contract? And maybe she didn’t wanna do the gymshark gym workout content as it would be showing her body and she was scared as it wouldn’t have been the same as the previous content she’s done there? Idk tho as she could have wore the baggy clothing like she did before at the normal gym so take this theory with a pinch of salt ahha. I feel like she’s not coping with her body the way she makes out. I hope she can be more transparent with such struggles to her audience as that would really help SO many girls including myself
Yeah this was actually my first thought lol. Exaggerating an injury = excuse for not having to wear the typical leggings/sports bra combo that all the other gymshark athletes wear. ED brain makes you do insane things, and as we know she’s definitely not as recovered as she says she is

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
6D41A55F-38BB-4640-B1D5-5ECC577A22CA.png

the way she’s got a sad looking plate of chicken and salad whilst everyone around her has chips and burgers 🙄 literally nothing has changed, ‘recovery’ went out the window

• Angry

jeffegg82

She seems so disingenuous and performative in all of her videos, tiktoks, stories, etc. She seems like she'd be a bad friend. Also she's already admitted that she ruthlessly makes fun of and judges other girls.

Reactions: 11

jeffegg82

I thought that she would realise by this point that she shouldn't be advising people on health at all. She has very immature thought patterns for her age which may be a product of her trauma, but she continues to make assertions on health as if they're fact. She's continuing to do more harm than good.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that she's aware enough to say that she "attracted an audience of people with EDs" and now she is going to start posting how to recover. First she has 0 qualifications. Secondly people tried to tell her she was being harmful and she ignored them. Third when she mentioned she didn't have a period and people freaked out and said that's not okay, she ignored them and got defensive in a deleted video she made about how "weird" it was we wanted to know if she had a period.

I hope most people see through her BS. She's just back trying to make coin off her audience now and it repulses me:rolleyes: Leave your vulnerable audience alone and go talk to your "therapist" Anna

lesleybanks

Chatty Member
Am I getting this right… she’s planning on tracking her food again “in a few weeks”…. Ummm is she for real
it’s honestly like watching a car crash. imagine if she was in real recovery and said to her team ‘i want to start tracking and weighing my food’ they’d laugh in her face and book her in for more therapy

onlyforviewingx

I don’t understand how she can be receiving help from so many professionals yet they don’t advise her to distance herself from the pressures of being a fitness influencer? Surely the daily uploads of what’s she eats, the ‘nourish bowls’ and promoting of fitness related things (whether it be Gymshark apparel or Misfit bars) is just rebuilding and strengthening the control her ED has over her behaviour around food and exercise?
Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick here but when I was at the peak of my ED I created an Instagram account (private for myself) where I would record the foods I ate, etc because I thought this would ‘motivate’ me to stay ‘on track’ (or should I say under eat). Even the pressure of logging my foods on there for MYSELF (not thousands of followers) would eventually lead to me under eating and entering a binge / restrict cycle.