Animal Crossing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I bought this game on the switch way back at the beginning of the pandemic bc of all the hype. I played it once and had no idea what the hell i was doing so its been gathering dust for months!

Can someone explain in a way I understand bc I feel like I would love the game but I have no idea where to start with it.
There are a ton of videos on youtube ranging from actual game play to top tips for beginners. It’s probably easier to understand if you watch a few of those than trying to explain it on here ☺

Reactions: 2
My boyfriend and I were discussing this but he pointed out that a lot of players have filled every area of their island now so adding another building into the game would be a nightmare for them.

We actually spent Valentine’s evening discussing what improvements we’d like. I’m trying to remember them all but some were:

- We’d like a boat to another island that would have things like the shops, coffee shops etc on.

- being able to buy multiple outfits in one go at Abel sisters

- wearing a bag/backpack giving you an extra 10 ‘pocket’ spaces

- be able to invite your villagers over to your house

- craft from storage if you’re in your house. So not having to have the materials in your pocket
yes agree with these and will add that I wish that they’d change up what the characters say a bit in the updates, I’m so sick of them saying the same stuff for nearly a year now. I don’t remember it being such an issue in older games but perhaps I’m just misremembering!

yes agree with these and will add that I wish that they’d change up what the characters say a bit in the updates, I’m so sick of them saying the same stuff for nearly a year now. I don’t remember it being such an issue in older games but perhaps I’m just misremembering!
Yes! I have 5 lazies on my island (I didn’t pick them, Tom Nook did me the dirty every time I took more than a day to fill a plot) and I’m sick of them all saying exactly the same thing to me 😫

Yes! I have 5 lazies on my island (I didn’t pick them, Tom Nook did me the dirty every time I took more than a day to fill a plot) and I’m sick of them all saying exactly the same thing to me 😫
Ah do you only have a day to find someone? I’m trying to get the uglies to leave but then they get replaced with someone even worse😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ah do you only have a day to find someone? I’m trying to get the uglies to leave but then they get replaced with someone even worse😆😆
Not always, sometimes you can have an empty plot for ages but for some reason mine keep getting filled really quick

idk2 it’s really just mindfulness. You have an island, you can make it look good, or have villagers you can choose (up to a certain extent). You can spend your whole time doing nothing, or dressing up your island, or completing challenges. I just potter about on mine. I have turned my campsite into a festival area though. If you like YouTube, nintentalk does some really good streams on things you can do.

I love animal crossing, there's something very therapeutic about just going beach combing or fishing late at night. I've been going at my island for just under a year now and I still haven't got Peaches or Pears in my fruit. I've tried doing hundreds of Nook Island visits but never find the missing fruit so I can grow my own orchard.

• Heart
I love animal crossing, there's something very therapeutic about just going beach combing or fishing late at night. I've been going at my island for just under a year now and I still haven't got Peaches or Pears in my fruit. I've tried doing hundreds of Nook Island visits but never find the missing fruit so I can grow my own orchard.
You start off with a native fruit and the only other fruits you can find on Mystery Islands are your sister fruit and coconuts. You will have to get the peaches and pears from another player, by them visiting your island or you going to them.

I have pears 🍐 if you wanted to add me

You start off with a native fruit and the only other fruits you can find on Mystery Islands are your sister fruit and coconuts. You will have to get the peaches and pears from another player, by them visiting your island or you going to them.
I think I got cherries from a mystery island!

you can’t get them with nook miles. I have all the fruit if you wanted to visit?

I have cherries, apples, coconuts and oranges

I posted my code previously on this thread if anybody wants to add me 😁

I have all fruit too but my native is orange, I just basically flattened my whole island after playing since April because I hated it and I’d love some inspo 🌴 I love watching island tours on YouTube, they’re so relaxing 😌 my friend code is SW-6487-0459-5686

Argh I had no idea there was an Animal Crossing thread! I bought the game for my 9 year old last year during the lockdown - I’d never even heard of it but watched her play, and now I have my own switch and own game as I got fed up of sharing 😂😂 I find it really relaxing plodding round my island after the kids are in bed 😁

Reactions: 8
I've played Animal Crossing since since Wild World days, and although I've put over 600 hours into ACNH since release day, I dont think it's as good as the earlier games.
Things I miss:

*Villagers could visit you in your house
*Brewster! (The cafe in the museum)
*In New Leaf you could visit the island and fish or catch bugs and then visit the other island that had all the mini games.
*Villagers had more variety in their phrases
*Villagers could just randomly move out
*The shopping area in New Leaf
*Being the mayor
*Resetti (even though he shouted at you!)
*Sahara decorating your house for you
*Much better furniture collections

There's more but I can't think of it right now!

Reactions: 5
We restarted the other day and I’m really struggling to complete the building of the 3 houses!
Regretting it now big time

I've played Animal Crossing since since Wild World days, and although I've put over 600 hours into ACNH since release day, I dont think it's as good as the earlier games.
Things I miss:

*Villagers could visit you in your house
*Brewster! (The cafe in the museum)
*In New Leaf you could visit the island and fish or catch bugs and then visit the other island that had all the mini games.
*Villagers had more variety in their phrases
*Villagers could just randomly move out
*The shopping area in New Leaf
*Being the mayor
*Resetti (even though he shouted at you!)
*Sahara decorating your house for you
*Much better furniture collections

There's more but I can't think of it right now!
Yeah I loved the mini game island. And how big the shop got.
I figured they’d bring a lot of the old stuff back every few months or something like that but the updates have been such a let down.