Amelia Liana #4 Fake tan so dirty, is she thirty or forty?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so sad. Everyone goes through an awkward stage when they’re younger. I hope she never has daughters so she can’t pass this insecurity onto them.

Reactions: 21
It’s so sad. Everyone goes through an awkward stage when they’re younger. I hope she never has daughters so she can’t pass this insecurity onto them.
What would be amazing is if she were to come out and address the fact how different she looks and say, if she does have daughters, she'll spend money on their mental health, hobbies/ activities so that they aren't so fixated on their looks. She needs to recognise her privilege of being able to throw money at any problem isn't sustainable or helpful in many cases

I also think she needs to surround herself with more non white people, having a diverse set of friends helps you to normalise different body traits

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I also think she needs to surround herself with more non white people, having a diverse set of friends helps you to normalise different body traits
So true. I have absolutely no concept of what Jewish high society is like but if anyone can share any insight - does it place high value on looks? Amelia has had nose jobs, cheek fillers, lips, Botox… likely her mum has too. And her mum, sister and Amelia are very very slim. Are trim figures and tweaked looks valued highly in their social circles?

Reactions: 9
I have worked within a company that was primarily Arabs and attention to looks was the norm. They don’t understand uk girls not going OTT with their make up and dress code to work. The only thing that Amelia does different is that she likes to tan. Most arab girls want to look as pale as possible.

Reactions: 5
!!!!!!! AMELIA IS NOT ARAB !!!!!!!!
Arabs are an ethnic group, Jewish people are another ethnic group. These ethnic groups are mutually exclusive, but they can both be middle eastern (ie her family originating from Irak, but not being an Arab iraki).

and your last point doesn't make sense. Koweiti girls like tan skin, UAE girls like golden skin, saudi girls like fair skin. It differs the arab world is so wide, how could they all have the same beauty standards. Beauty standards differs even for neighboring countries, what Egyptian like isn't what is popular in Lebanon.

Reactions: 18
I don’t know why, but I have a soft spot for her. She’s like a stupid younger cousin

• Haha
Reactions: 22
!!!!!!! AMELIA IS NOT ARAB !!!!!!!!
Arabs are an ethnic group, Jewish people are another ethnic group. These ethnic groups are mutually exclusive, but they can both be middle eastern (ie her family originating from Irak, but not being an Arab iraki).

and your last point doesn't make sense. Koweiti girls like tan skin, UAE girls like golden skin, saudi girls like fair skin. It differs the arab world is so wide, how could they all have the same beauty standards. Beauty standards differs even for neighboring countries, what Egyptian like isn't what is popular in Lebanon.
Amelia has called herself an ArAb GiRl multiple times though 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Amelia has called herself an ArAb GiRl multiple times though 🤭
I knoooow. I remember I was the only who took it as a snide comment. She asked Guy " do I look like those arab girls that try really hard to not look Arab?" when she went very blonde right after her 12th nosejob. And I took offence to that. The only other time she referenced it was towards an arabic song, and she said "my arab girls will understand" or "where are my arab girls?", something around those lines. I think she purposefully play on the ambiguity 🤷‍♀️.
All of her Jewish friends are pretty tall blonde girls, so she always felt cast out. Hence all the throwback pictures and all.
I repeat myself but what she needs is truly good friends.

Reactions: 7
The confusion also arises when her mom s side is from Iran , fled to Lebanon… they speak Arabic(her mother and grandmother) but they are def Jewish. I am ethnic as well although culturally I identify myself with my forefathers I am not very ethnic as I am in another country , however can’t run away my looks are a giveaway , just like Amelia. I wish she could be comfortable with herself and honor her forefathers for all that they have done and fought for, trying to be someone else is such a shame. But I get it the media blasts white face blue eyes and blonde hair , we are not diversely reflected… it is such a shame. The world would be bland if we all look the same , thank god we have different colours.

Reactions: 9
Omg same!! Surely they aren’t together?
I think that s how she keeping it casual and not trying too hard seeing where it goes hoping organically it all falls into place… something about relinquishing control and it comes to you. I think they are a good fit, same circles , has had a crush on her since forever and will prob feel incredibly lucky to have her and would cherish her. I think I rather be with a man who adores me.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.