Amelia Liana #2 More like Ad-melia Lie-ana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread!

Sorry but there are "Arab Jews", if you wanna call them that aka jews born and living in arab countries just like Amelia's family did for a long time. Her father IS of arabic descent as well. His whole family is from Bagdhad and her mother's great grandfather and his family also comes from Bagdhad before they spread out to Nice for example. On the website Les Fleurs d'Orient you can see her whole family tree and heritage if anyone cares. Names to look for: Sopher, David; Sasha, Raymonde for her father's side and Shashoua and Bashi for her mother's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
This girl is so dumb tragic and confused that I want to shake her.

who wants to tell her that SPEAKING a language or living in a country or having half siblings from another country does NOT make that your ethnicity?? Also it’s Farsi. Also IRAQIS ARENT PERSION.

Sorry but her desperation to claim Arabic heritage primarily as her ethnicity just tells me she has deep rooted denial of her Jewish heritage. Most Jews have Israeli roots and are PROUD to identify as such especially given their history and so they should be. So why is she such a denier? Why claim she is everything under the sun with everything thrown in there from French to American to God knows what else, but not what she actually is? Mind blowing. And sad really.

Sorry but this is ridiculous and is actually very very concerning.

Edit: NOT saying there aren’t Arab Jews because of course of course there are - but then just say so. Also don’t start calling Iraqis Persian for the Good Lord on earths sake

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Yes - there are Arab Jews, but it is not common for them to label themselves as one, and I know A LOT of Mizrahi Jews. See Twitter thread here about it -
So she's half Persian, a quarter French, and a quarter Indian. How is that Arab?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That sounds like her grandma Rachel (which would be Maman Rachel if it were Farsi, not Mama) must have Persian origins way back if she’s Persian-Iraqi.
Persians are a race, so they can live anywhere... but as a race share culture and certain physical traits. I think a lot of Persians migrated during various periods of time so it could be several generations since anyone ever actually lived or grew up in Iran in her family! It’s a bit like people claiming Irish heritage in America - it can be seen as a desirable trait or families carry on old traditions so they still feel part of the culture.
So yes, I don’t think she’s wrong - it’s obviously her heritage and she’s very mixed but Iranian-Persians would be horrified to be called Arabic (because of the historical bad blood between Iraq and Iran...). So it’s just ever so slightly ignorant, but maybe she doesn’t know that much about the history.

Yes - there are Arab Jews, but it is not common for them to label themselves as one, and I know A LOT of Mizrahi Jews.

So she's half Persian, a quarter French, and a quarter Indian. How is that Arab?!
Iraqis are considered Arabic.

Except Persians are not Arabic - so you’re one or the other, really. Either her family were Arabic Iraqi or Persian Iraqi. Unless she had grandparents that were one of each!!

Reactions: 5
Yes she says her mom is Persian and that her granma grew up in Iraq, which probably means she was born in Iran. I'm Persian myself and can spot a Persian grandmother from a mile away - Maman Rachel is straight-up Persian with the accent and everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There are Persians in Iraq. It’s a minority, because they would have migrated there from Iran at some point. But there are. Like there are people of all races anywhere in the world!

What I don’t understand is that Carol’s listed on the Farhi website, obviously married to Rick. But why are her parents listed? And their other offspring? Were they already distantly related in the Farhi family? Which would make them all Jewish, not Persian ethnicity?

I wouldn’t assume she was born in Iran. I’m Persian but born in the UK!
I don’t know why she says Mama Rachel instead of Maman Rachel, though. We say Maman! I agree, if I met them I would straight away think - Persian, of Rachel and Carol. But the Jewish link is confusing.
If you marry in, do you have to convert? Does it make the rest of your family linked, as they seem to have added Carol’s family to the geneology website? Or would they need to be blood related to the Farhi bloodline to be linked?

Reactions: 2
She is absolutely lying to avoid saying she's Jewish. It's probably one of the top 3 things that annoys me about her. I'm not going to say no Jewish person from Iraq or Iran never calls themselves an Arab. But most don't. I have family there. They would identify themselves as Jewish from that area. And she likes to say she's from India too. Sorry. Maybe she had family that moved there and maybe even represented the country in the Olympics (people haven't been able to confirm that) but she doesn't celebrate Indian culture. Case in point. Her jewelry line was just coincidentally launched on Diwali and she never even mentioned it. I'm sure somebody who strongly identifies with their Indian heritage would have mentioned the holiday. In her VLOG she often hides that she's having a Shabbat dinner by calling it a "family dinner" or attending a cousin's Bat Mitzvah or Bar Mitzvah is a "party." Or when she failed to say the charity that was honoring her mother for her work with them. It's a Jewish charity. Or when she gave her mother her "Christmas present" on Chanukah (so very early for a Christmas present). Calling herself a "fellow Arab girl"? I'm sorry. There's no way a Jewish person, even if they lived in UAE (for example) would say that. Especially somebody who comes from an obviously observant family. I'm sympathetic if she doesn't want to mention being Jewish because of antisemitism. It's on the rise, too. But why mention being Arab. Just say you're British. She is. It's the lying. I would never pretend to be Christian. I just couldn't do it. But I could avoid talking religion or background. That's what she could do. And while I'm sympathetic to her being scared to face antisemitism, I also think she should just be open about who she is. Maybe that's a step towards loving herself a little bit more. Sorry. I've been a lurker for years about this topic. Had lots to say!

Reactions: 24
They probably added Carol's family because she's married to one. I'm certain no one converted - and that both sides of Amelia's family is Jewish. Also this website is so cool. I wish my family had one!

THANK YOU!!

I’m not Jewish myself but I do think her lying and weird sneaky approach is actually quite shameful. She should be proud instead of pandering to other peoples cultures she thinks will gain her more popularity or acceptance. You said everything spot on and in my opinion have read the situation bang on.

Reactions: 6
How many times have her nails changed over the past several weeks of lockdown? It’s not a simple change in colour either, they’re designs that would surely be done by a pro. So has she been having a nail tech around during lockdown to maintain her manicure? There really are different rules for the rich aren’t there.

Reactions: 15
I find this Jewish / Arab conversation sooooo interesting (mainly cos I know nothing about it!)

Reactions: 20
Her nails are different in her cutaways... blue tips in cutaways and red in the main vlog. Clearly has a nail tech working in lockdown

Reactions: 8
YES EXACTLY

The way she blatantly broke the rules in that vlog, even putting “seeing friends during lockdown” in the title. No masks, no distance, probably popped by her parents straight after, just cute little rich girl things. Hope her grandmas already vaccinated with family like that

Just came in to say this!!! How is this okay and noone said anything in the comments, probably deleting

Reactions: 5
The comment from this girl about her boyfriend made me sad, if my boyfriend ever "pulled me up" on my appearance (particularly something tricky or unavoidable like acne) I would be so angry.

I find it odd Amelia chose to reply to this comment specifically and didn't even try to offer advice or helpful words, doesn't she have a relationship podcast?

Attachments

Reactions: 13
Did anyone else notice she’s taking supplements to boost her metabolism in her latest video. Their website directly states it’s a weight loss supplement. I find it really irresponsible for someone who’s so slim to promote taking these kind of products !!

Wow!! Can you screenshot it? I totally missed it.

Her nails are different in her cutaways... blue tips in cutaways and red in the main vlog. Clearly has a nail tech working in lockdown

Just came in to say this!!! How is this okay and noone said anything in the comments, probably deleting
Yes to both of these!!!

At the beginning of the vlog red, walking with Natasha red, arrived at home hours later blue tipped nails.

so basically Amelia had her mask on for 4 hours...I am guessing this is when she was at the acupuncture and nail appointments...and for the 39 seconds buying pastries that she will not eat.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I noticed she changed the vlog title and removed the part about seeing friends.

Why on earth would she want to boost her metabolism when she is obviously just skin and bones?

I wouldn't be surprised if she has one come in weekly to do in-home service.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.