Amber Gill

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And another example of some mixed people only choosing to to identify as “black” when they’ve got something to gain from doing so
I disagree that this is thee reason.
Perhaps she didn’t have exposure to actual black friends besides her family members in Newcastle. Newcastle is hardly as multicultural as london and she probably has become more educated in black/POC issues.
Amber moved to London, where no offence the fashion scene is it, the make up scene, the social life is fab and almost all brand deals etc are in London. Plus the black hair scene and black make up scene is 💥💥💥 best of the UK in London.

perhaps her white friends weren’t as supportive? Perhaps they weren’t understanding the fame etc. She was friends with Ovie, Yewande and Mandy all southerners too and so this could have been her opportunity to grow and understand herself.
Speaking as a Only black in the village I’ve changed SO much from only having white friends in school due to circumstances to having a wide variety. Sometimes where you live stunts your ability to see other issues.
Lastly no one is selecting Amber to be the patron saint of black issues 😂

Reactions: 13
Yeah amber is faker than fake which is why I can’t stand all the love she gets from the black community and black Twitter.

Before she went on love island I remember scrolling alllll the way through her Instagram and she had no black friends and was clearly the type of mixed girls that only hung around white people and had messy Newcastle nights outs.

When she came out the villa and saw how much black people were backing her, she totally as you said dropped her friends because they didn’t fit in with the “pro black” image she was now trying to create. She started inserting herself into trending topics on Black Twitter and talking about race. There’s nothing wrong with that as mixed woman, but I find the way she dropped her old friends really mean as they seemed to be soooo close. And another example of some mixed people only choosing to to identify as “black” when they’ve got something to gain from doing so
Before she went on the show wasn't there a whole uproar because she posted a snap of a black guy chatting her up and the caption said something about Amber not liking black guys.

If she's as pro black as she wants to act now, she wouldn't have a snap captioned with her saying she doesn't like black guys. She can have her preferences but there's nothing nice about shading a particular race.

However she was closest to the non white and black contestants in the villa - where she wouldn't have known that she was being backed by black twitter - so I don't think it's completely fake.

Maybe she just had some learning to do. She wasn't a public figure before so we don't know all her views on all things race either.

Reactions: 7
I agree, I don’t think she should have said that either it’s actually pretty disgusting 🤮 she did (I’m not even an Amber Stan) but that was before. So in her defence (i hate that I’m saying this) people allowed to change / develop change minds/ opinions etc.

ps if anyone has a screenshot of that share it! she needs to address it!

Reactions: 1
Remember - her IG story before LI where she proclaimed she didn’t like Black guys & then forced to deny she wasn’t racist/ anti Black - see screen shot.

I’m Black myself, so this notion that Black Culture, Fashion, Hair, Make up & Communities only exists in London and non existence or inferior else where in the UK is nonsense/ offensive. Nothing special or different in London & plenty of information on Internet anyway - no excuse for ignorance or prior lack of knowledge. Newcastle Tyne & Wear is a large urban area/ multiple universities city with a population of nearly million - not a village or small town. Plenty Black / Mixed people live there. Her friends before LI were her chosen friends whom she dropped asap as they weren’t cool enough/ didn’t fit her new image or celebrity lifestyle not just because they were white & not Black. Amber just has a habit of falling out with people / dropping them as she used to be best friends with Ellie Brown - Season 3 Love Island.

Amber moved to London immediately after Loveisland ( only returning to film the After show with Greg & the odd weekend) to enjoy the celebrity fame z list lifestyle in London partying with Anna at Mayfair restaurants & woman with arranged Pap photos at every opportunity. She didn’t give her old friends any opportunity of seeing her to be supportive, just blanked them all expect for Brogan Wilkin as the only one she invited to her Launch parties. As she was deemed pretty & glam enough for Amber’s PR but Mart simply wasn’t. Molly Mae is the most successful from LI & she still stayed in Manchester so you don’t have move to London for Brand deals/ work or go to good restaurants or shops. Even Paps are outside London.

Amber was active on Twitter prior to Loveisland but showed no prior interest in Black or social political issues / didn’t even followed many Black people before. Now just likes / tweets only populist views as she realised whom her main fan base is to get her higher SM engagement. She used the BLM marches in London as a photo opportunity/ to create content for Instagram/ You Tube Videos for her Channel & Murad’s plus a dancing TiK TOK video. All done for Publicity & Likes. Getting her hair in braids for the first time afterwards for continued publicity- removed ASAP & not done again since. Tellingly, she didn’t even bother to save her BLM IG stories to her Instagram page like most others did - odd if the matter meant so much to her & she wanted educate others.

I wouldn’t be so certain of how close her friendship really is with Ovie ( lives in France for past year playing Basketball) or Yewande ( Irish not a Southerner) since the show finished. She rarely hangs out with either of them since LI as seen on her IG & has said her closest friends in London are Anna & Mandi, who are not Black but of Iranian heritage. Only seen with Ovie filming a Just Eat ad & the reunion doc. show + went see him play basketball once with Yewande. Not seen much of Yewande apart a BLM March, Anna’s Birthday & filming the Yahoo Podcast in 2019. Hangs out with Amy & Francesca more often. Notably Amber didn’t invite Yewande to Thailand for her Misspap trip last year but invited Anna, Francesca, Harley & Kaz instead. Plus went to Ibiza with Harley, Francesca & Arabella. No other close Black Friends.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m only saying my opinion, and from what I know from my friends who live up north including Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Manchester moan about not having good black hairdressers, hair salons, black hair shops and missing London a lot. Even with food It still seems as though you want something you have to source it or make it yourself.

ovie, yewande and Mandi all did live in London after love island pre pandemic...

Amber seems the type to use and drop people anyways doesn’t really matter what race. This I strongly believe.

lastly to say you haven’t seen much of her with people 1. We’ve been in a pandemic 2. She flew out to dubai🤷🏾‍♀️ for most of the year so 🙃 unless people want to out themselves as disobeying rules they’re not going to be seen with her.

Some people will always complain & wish to live elsewhere in life, including many Londoners. Pros & Cons to everywhere. A favourite restaurant or shop is not always on your doorstep. No where in UK is far away. It’s the idea by many, she couldn’t have grown or gained any interest in black issues or culture by living outside of London or had no previous opportunity to have any Black friends in Newcastle is untrue. I agree, Amber drops friends habitually.

Since leaving the villa in July 2019 , Amber hasn’t been seen with Ovie or Yewande that often socially & only the few times I listed even in the 7 months prior to the Pandemic or outside Lockdowns during 2020. (In addition, Yewande but not Ovie did attend her launch parties in 2019) Amber said before in a interview, as Yewande lives in a different part of London, she doesn’t see her or hang out with her that often. By Mandi, I presume you mean her sister Anna Vakili ( not Black - Iranian parents) - which I said is whom she hangs out with most of time in London since Love Island - she even lived with her & Mandi before getting her own place. Obviously all prior to Amber secretly moving to Dubai 4 months ago to avoid Lockdown.

Reactions: 2
I don’t wanna sound rude but I don’t believe the theory of when she last saw people that you’re writing. I don’t post everytime I’m seeing friends. Instagram isn’t necessarily real. If this was the case according to my own Instagram I’m dead 🤣🤣🤣.

I’m no Amber fan but she might have seen them more than is on Instagram...

You seem to write as if you know Amber personally. Do you?

Obviously not every minute of anyone’s life is on Instagram but odd if Amber happily posts lots of IG stories when she hangs out with her other Loveisland friends but conveniently just doesn’t post anything when she is with her Black Friends. Ovie & Yewande are both active on Instagram stories but rarely ever shown hanging out with her either? Ovie posted hanging out with Belle after Lockdown. Yewande often shows hanging out with any of the others like Michael, Joe’s & Chris’s B party etc..- no reason to hide it if it happens. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I’ve never met Amber but know people that have worked with her, from their experiences is why I wouldn’t be so sure of her genuine friendliness towards Black people is in reality or how authentic her sudden social /political awareness is either.

Reactions: 9
Well that is very interesting! @amzy98. My take on it is I don’t wanna be suspicious / think she’s not being genuine by speaking up or when she is speaking about black issues. As I think as many people speak on issues the better.

Reactions: 1
Well that is very interesting! @amzy98. My take on it is I don’t wanna be suspicious / think she’s not being genuine by speaking up or when she is speaking about black issues. As I think as many people speak on issues the better.
Absolutely the more people that raise awareness & continue to do so about BLM issues the better. It’s just a shame that it seems like it was used for initial self promotion PR then forgotten about since the Summer, beyond a few populist retweets or likes. Note, Yewande didn’t feel the need to do a You Tube or jokey tik tok video about going to a BLM March- as she took it seriously & wasn’t there for self publicity. Amber hasn’t yet done anything more since. That’s why I was disappointed that Amber didn’t save any BLM information on her Instagram other than a few photos, as it could have continued to raise awareness now.

Amber has a great platform of 2.6m Instagram followers & hopefully in the future, she will utilise it more proactively - a simple way would be to do shout outs on her IG stories (& save the info) to help promote Black/ POC businesses in the UK - fashion, beauty, hair & nail salons, shops & Restaurants. Any help is much needed by all especially during this terrible pandemic. Plus could do this to help promote her favourite other Black / POC influencers on Instagram/ TiK Tok, authors, artists, films, DJs, musicians & most importantly Charities. Raising awareness in a positive way. (Unfortunately my current suspicions are warranted, I can not say why, as it will reveal who my friends are) Plus sadly, it shows her lack of any social responsibility / awareness by her spending the last 4 months of lockdown partying in luxury in Dubai ( a city notorious for its POC slave Labour & homophobic laws) with her drug dealer convict boyfriend. It’s a real shame, Amber hasn’t used her Winners popularity for more good or more wisely.

Reactions: 5
I
I disagree that this is thee reason.
Perhaps she didn’t have exposure to actual black friends besides her family members in Newcastle. Newcastle is hardly as multicultural as london and she probably has become more educated in black/POC issues.
Amber moved to London, where no offence the fashion scene is it, the make up scene, the social life is fab and almost all brand deals etc are in London. Plus the black hair scene and black make up scene is 💥💥💥 best of the UK in London.

perhaps her white friends weren’t as supportive? Perhaps they weren’t understanding the fame etc. She was friends with Ovie, Yewande and Mandy all southerners too and so this could have been her opportunity to grow and understand herself.
Speaking as a Only black in the village I’ve changed SO much from only having white friends in school due to circumstances to having a wide variety. Sometimes where you live stunts your ability to see other issues.
Lastly no one is selecting Amber to be the patron saint of black issues 😂
I know of Amber and she did have a lot of black friends here in Newcastle.

but I do agree with what you’re saying comparing Newcastle to London.

Sad... I guess the investments in her aunt's salon weren't a grand idea given the lockdown that followed

Sad... I guess the investments in her aunt's salon weren't a grand idea given the lockdown that followed
Amber never invested in it ( more lies) - Her Aunt Judy Mahoney already sold it & is no longer involved in The Salon in Forest Hall, Newcastle. That’s why Amber has never advertised it. She did set up Satori Vital Ltd. selling essential oils/ crystals online with her Aunt but doesn’t even bother to promote it or put up a link on her IG.

Amber now has the same manager as Ferne McCann, who launched her identical fitness diet plan at the same time. Ferne is already hard selling Herbalife MLM products - Fernutrition so Amber’s will surely follow. No authenticity as she will do anything for Cash to rip off her gullible followers - as already shown by her advertising on IG the Lanistar ad bank scam & Amber Flexx con.

(There is a documentary called Betting On Zero! It’s about Herbalife and very informative. Explains how in the US, Herbalife prays on low income POC!!)

Attachments

Reactions: 14
Amber never invested in it ( more lies) - Her Aunt Judy Mahoney already sold it & is no longer involved in The Salon in Forest Hall, Newcastle. That’s why Amber has never advertised it. She did set up Satori Vital Ltd. selling essential oils/ crystals online with her Aunt but doesn’t even bother to promote it or put up a link on her IG.

Amber now has the same manager as Ferne McCann, who launched her identical fitness diet plan at the same time. Ferne is already hard selling Herbalife MLM products - Fernutrition so Amber’s will surely follow. No authenticity as she will do anything for Cash to rip off her gullible followers - as already shown by her advertising on IG the Lanistar ad bank scam & Amber Flexx con.

(There is a documentary called Betting On Zero! It’s about Herbalife and very informative. Explains how in the US, Herbalife prays on low income POC!!)
BIG YIKES. Viva Le Internet Sleuths!
Tbh my comment was me fishing, I did think it was odd that we never heard anything more about her budding salon empire after all this time :devilish:

+ Yeah I've heard of Herbalife being a scam, bit like Arbonne. Hadn't seen the doc so thanks for the recommendation, I love a good expose haha

Didn't know Lanistar was a scam though. I've seen lots of people advertising it over the past few months but just thought it was a shiny card that people used on holiday lol

BIG YIKES. Viva Le Internet Sleuths!
Tbh my comment was me fishing, I did think it was odd that we never heard anything more about her budding salon empire after all this time :devilish:

+ Yeah I've heard of Herbalife being a scam, bit like Arbonne. Hadn't seen the doc so thanks for the recommendation, I love a good expose haha

Didn't know Lanistar was a scam though. I've seen lots of people advertising it over the past few months but just thought it was a shiny card that people used on holiday lol
Sorry I don’t want to make this sub the FT 🤓- lots of press about it, please be warned Lanistar is a Scam as it’s not FCA approved or registered so cannot operate in UK yet & shouldn’t be advertising targeting UK beforehand. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued a warning after the viral Lanistar Ads & flagged it as possible investment scam due to its fraudulent behaviour operating without the proper licences or regulations. (ASA is also investigating the viral ads). Lanistar claimed it was just all pre launch advertising for a debit card that doesn’t exist yet but forced to make it clear in future ads it wasn’t FCA approved & can not guarantee up to £100,000 as claimed. Investors & financial partners quietly pulled out like MasterCard as they were misled. It’s essentially a volt card charging £20 a month with 6 month min. contract to use it, whilst other FCA approved cards do the same for free or for cheaper. A Rip off.

3000 top influencers were promised shares in exchange for promotion (to get their IG followers to pre register their details) after signing NDAs - rumour the shares held effectively no value until the company reaches £3 Billion evaluation (CEO claims it will be £60B+ in a few years - all hype). That’s according to Car influencer TGE’s podcast who after doing a deep-dive on the company, he pulled out of his contract. Also operates like a MLM pyramid scheme for influencers, if they signed up their friends to promote it, then get more shares. Shows how greedy ‘influencers’ like Amber Gill are & don’t do basic checks or care what they promote to their gullible young followers. ( Amber has now removed this Ad from her IG due to low likes but still on her IG Reels)

The CEO, Gurhan Kiziloz (29) has no previous banking experience & given £15 million by his family to fund this tech start up. (Apparently, he was previously wanted by Interpol for another internet scam & is a well known Turkish conman from North London. He used to con landlords by renting their house and not paying the landlord. He also sold nonexistent villas in Cyprus). His friend is ‘Lord Aleem’, who’s 3m Bugatti car is wrapped in a Lanistar logo to promote it. His father, Saleem Iqbal, was part of a £180 million money laundering scam - jail in 2013. All very dodgy background & associates for any bank card. Recently in the press that it’s struggling to pay staff salaries & the launch keeps getting delayed - all flashy hype for nothing. Please do not sign up for pre register or risk any of your details.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry I don’t want to make this sub the FT 🤓- lots of press about it, please be warned Lanistar is a Scam as it’s not FCA approved or registered so cannot operate in UK yet & shouldn’t be advertising targeting UK beforehand. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issued a warning after the viral Lanistar Ads & flagged it as possible investment scam due to its fraudulent behaviour operating without the proper licences or regulations. (ASA is also investigating the viral ads). Lanistar claimed it was just all pre launch advertising for a debit card that doesn’t exist yet but forced to make it clear in future ads it wasn’t FCA approved & can not guarantee up to £100,000 as claimed. Investors & financial partners quietly pulled out like MasterCard as they were misled. It’s essentially a volt card charging £20 a month with 6 month min. contract to use it, whilst other FCA approved cards do the same for free or for cheaper. A Rip off.

3000 top influencers were promised shares in exchange for promotion (to get their IG followers to pre register their details) after signing NDAs - rumour the shares held effectively no value until the company reaches £3 Billion evaluation (CEO claims it will be £60B+ in a few years - all hype). That’s according to Car influencer TGE’s podcast who after doing a deep-dive on the company, he pulled out of his contract. Also operates like a MLM pyramid scheme for influencers, if they signed up their friends to promote it, then get more shares. Shows how greedy ‘influencers’ like Amber Gill are & don’t do basic checks or care what they promote to their gullible young followers. ( Amber has now removed this Ad from her IG due to low likes but still on her IG Reels)

The CEO, Gurhan Kiziloz (29) has no previous banking experience & given £15 million by his family to fund this tech start up. (Apparently, he was previously wanted by Interpol for another internet scam & is a well known Turkish conman from North London. He used to con landlords by renting their house and not paying the landlord. He also sold nonexistent villas in Cyprus). His friend is ‘Lord Aleem’, who’s 3m Bugatti car is wrapped in a Lanistar logo to promote it. His father, Saleem Iqbal, was part of a £180 million money laundering scam - jail in 2013. All very dodgy background & associates for any bank card. Recently in the press that it’s struggling to pay staff salaries & the launch keeps getting delayed - all flashy hype for nothing. Please do not sign up for pre register or risk any of your details.
WOW I didn't know any of this at all this!!
I've got enough bank cards (student who signed up to them all for the perks? yep that's me!) so wouldn't have signed up anyway but I did think it was a bit weird for all sorts of influences to be sharing it...

3000 "top influencers" is laughable! - I wouldn't put Amber in the top 3000 nor some of the others that have shared it.

Just saw the reel you were talking about too. People have called her out in the comments about Lanistar being a scam.

Obviously I don't know Amber from Adam but the more I read about the girl, the more I'm disappointed. I don't want to use the term lightly, but she really is a lazy influencer who had a platform and was a natural beauty so could have done really well for herself.
I'm also disappointed in the others who I've seen/see sharing it regularly. Morals really do go out of the window in the pursuit of money. How very sad.

Reactions: 12