Amanda Palmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her husband is in the UK, for the premiere of The Sandman series, and she's in America with their son. Still think their marriage is either over, or getting there. A gut feeling, but I could be very wrong.

Reactions: 2
Her husband is in the UK, for the premiere of The Sandman series, and she's in America with their son. Still think their marriage is either over, or getting there. A gut feeling, but I could be very wrong.
I think I remember Amanda saying that they were getting a divorce. 2 years ago? I forget.

Reactions: 1
I think I remember Amanda saying that they were getting a divorce. 2 years ago? I forget.
They were going to, but he got back to New Zealand and she stopped saying it and started just vaguely hinting at it, instead.

Well, I hope she doesn't get a divorce. Because I can feel that she is actually weaker and very sensitive on the inside than she is on the outside.

I like a lot of Amanda's records and some of her personality. She is also very capable, talented and intelligent. But something I could detect about her is that she is very serious and sensitive about everything, literally everything. I felt that she was miserable about it but couldn't get away from it. I still love Amanda, but rarely follow her, and I wish she could have taken it easy.

she is truly a romantic soul. I may not get along with her, or that won't stop me from liking her.

She said the n-word in her songs for a decade and got indignant that no one told her it was wrong for a white woman to do that.

Then she got indignant for doing a terrible Encanto cover where the TikTok kids tore into her.

She seems insufferable but divorce isn't fun no matter who you are. I hope their kid is ok bc both her and Neil Gaiman seem exhausting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
They've clearly been separated since he abandoned her and their son in the early days of the pandemic. At least they are finally making it clear on their social channels what's going on - as Amanda is a chronic oversharer of all things in her life, its clear that Neil hasn't been a part of her life (besides somewhat absent coparenting) for a few years now.

Reactions: 13
Honestly, it was always a matter of when, not if. I hope they all (especially their son) have support to deal with this. Personal feelings aside and even with being separated for as long as they were, I can’t imagine this is easy.

Reactions: 3
I guess Amanda realised that she'd never love anyone else as much as she loves herself.

Reactions: 10
I hope their son is ok they are strange people to have as parents.

Reactions: 4
She seems to be acting as a single mother, though he occasionally joins them, or seems to look after their son. Like when she went to New Zealand again, this January. They were there for a month, and he went with them. I wonder if she's cut him out or if he's chosen to concentrate on his career for a bit.

She posted this to Twitter, fairly recently:

Their poor son.

Reactions: 8
I really hate how much she shares about her son. She shouldn't be posting about him at all (OK a birth announcement was alright but beyond that, give him privacy).

Reactions: 7
I wonder if NG has made her sign a NDA.
She used to be mute of an open book. Post divorce she talks in evasive riddles.
---
More not mute*

Reactions: 7
Had some cool songs as part of the Dresden Dolls but comes across as utterly insufferable as an individual.

Reactions: 10
Blimey, she and Guest have a very similar style. I’d never heard of her until there was a perfume oil collab with her/about her work a good few years ago.
Then there was the work for free for me thing, following the perfumes and I then got the feeling she was a fairly unpleasant self obsessed grifty knobend.

Reactions: 11
Cross-posting from the Jack Monroe threads with an AP anecdote:

I tagged along with a friend who was interviewing her for a fanzine about 19 or 20 years ago.

There was an incredibly awkward moment when she sneezed over his notebook; no-one said anything, and by the time it became clear that she wasn't going to apologise or even acknowledge it, the opportunity for him to have laughed it off had passed. So he had to pretend that it hadn't happened, and continued to scribble through the splotches of her snot. I can replay the moment in slow-motion in my mind, it was like something from a 1970s sitcom or a Douglas Adams short story.

(I've since checked with my friend - apparently the interview was with both[?] of the Dresden Dolls, but it was definitely Amanda Palmer who was the sneezer. He's promised to dig out the notebook in question, so stand by for some snot-stained pictures in a day or two...)

Reactions: 16
#DHOTYA2023

Reactions: 4