Amanda Owen, The Yorkshire Shepherdess

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve read the books and followed her since the start of the TV shows. I do think they started off rather skint which clearly isn’t the case now given her popularity with the media etc, so I think some bits are put on for show to keep up with the original dynamics of the show eg quite clearly she will of bought some new school uniform to some degree every child will not of got their uniform out of that chest and her with her raggy green coat/poncho. As a rule I enjoy watching the show but I do think she starting to become abit fame hungry.

Reactions: 6
As for clemmie being favourite I think that’s more channel 5 highlighting her more because she makes for good tv.
I saw Amanda address this on instagram once and she said it's up to the kids whether they are being filmed or not, so naturally you'll have some kids that love it and happy to be filmed such as Clemmie and others who are more reserved like Miles & Annie, so then you end up seeing a lot more of Clemmie and sometimes a whole episode without seeing some of the others or only featuring in the background.

Reactions: 2
So . . . Amanda and Clive have split. No real surprise to me, however, I do hope things are worked out in the best possible interests of their children.
I did hear a rumour that she was having it away with one of the channel 5 cameramen 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I thought she came across as rather smug in the interviews I read. Finally watched a few videos and I really like her.

Hanging the dead moles on the wire was grim though.

Surprised to hear they separated。

Reactions: 3
I thought she came across as rather smug in the interviews I read. Finally watched a few videos and I really like her.

I liked her less and less with each season. Seemed less genuine as time went on but I was in awe of how she managed to get everything done with so many children and so much to do.
Clive has 2 adult children from a previous marriage and his daughter came forward to say how Amanda had made her feel very unwelcome and had basically pushed her out. Because Amanda seems to have some sort of saint status, this poor woman was absolutely crucified by fans of the show which I thought was very sad.
About the moles, that’s common practise up north.

Reactions: 4
Same as another poster she got more on my nerves with every series - especially the lockdown ones where they filmed themselves, she just came across so into herself. I also thought Clive had really aged in the last series that was shown and they were barely shown together.

Reactions: 7
So . . . Amanda and Clive have split. No real surprise to me, however, I do hope things are worked out in the best possible interests of their children.
I did hear a rumour that she was having it away with one of the channel 5 cameramen 🤔
I heard that rumour too 🤔

Reactions: 4

I used to hate the hanging of moles on the fence when I was a kid - they used to do it with crows too 😥😥

I can't believe how much she's changed from her earlier photos - has she had something done to her face?

Reactions: 8
I used to hate the hanging of moles on the fence when I was a kid - they used to do it with crows too 😥😥

I can't believe how much she's changed from her earlier photos - has she had something done to her face?
She looks younger now than when the series first started. I wonder if, had they never found fame, her and Clive would still be together?

She looks younger now than when the series first started. I wonder if, had they never found fame, her and Clive would still be together?
I thought the same, she’s done a lot of tv work recently, and things outside of the farm - don’t get me wrong I think it’s all great and of course brings in a supplementary income to the farm/teas for the walkers/books!
Whether she’s found a different side to herself as I think she was very young when they got together, so her life has been babies & farm for a long time.

I feel like she’s had some tweaks made to her face recently 🤔 sad for her and the kids though, didn’t realise Clive had a family before. Where did his daughter speak out?

I also imagine they probably struggled a lot until Amanda became a bit more entrepreneurial about how they make money, and perhaps that wasn’t Clive’s thing. Such a huge age gap must also be tricky now that Clive is slowing down.

9 children a farm and a telly show and this woman still has the energy for an affair 😫 here's me exhausted with one kid a part time job and my once a week scheduled sex appointment 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
9 children a farm and a telly show and this woman still has the energy for an affair 😫 here's me exhausted with one kid a part time job and my once a week scheduled sex appointment 🤣
Don't forget her books she writes all herself without a ghost writer, honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

But her public image of devoted farmer’s wife, mother and shepherdess will be shattered by today’s revelation of the note found inside a paper bag.
Her image was shattered a long time ago to be fair.

Reactions: 1
I never really liked her before all this I never saw her as particularly maternal and wondered why on earth she'd ended up with so many kids. But she seemed to work v hard and taught the kids about having a work ethic yet it didn't ring true somehow with her rather brazen persona and her bangles and mini skirts. She had originally aimed to be model, but ended up posing in cardigans for catalogues rather than the catwalk. So she turned her back on that and went to the other extreme and decided to become a shepherdess bit I think that was due to her disappointment with modelling rather than a genuine vocation . She jumped at the chance of appearing on TV and getting her own show,let's face it it revolved around her far more than Clive and it lead to books and public appearance, she had found her niche at last. I think she is the type to move on without a single thought or regret if it means it suits her.

I never really liked her before all this I never saw her as particularly maternal and wondered why on earth she'd ended up with so many kids. But she seemed to work v hard and taught the kids about having a work ethic yet it didn't ring true somehow with her rather brazen persona and her bangles and mini skirts. She had originally aimed to be model, but ended up posing in cardigans for catalogues rather than the catwalk. So she turned her back on that and went to the other extreme and decided to become a shepherdess bit I think that was due to her disappointment with modelling rather than a genuine vocation . She jumped at the chance of appearing on TV and getting her own show,let's face it it revolved around her far more than Clive and it lead to books and public appearance, she had found her niche at last. I think she is the type to move on without a single thought or regret if it means it suits her.
Absolutely. The look on her face and the way she uses men, friends, jobs etc for her own gains she reminds me of a woman I’ve worked with who is a selfish narcissist who has no feelings for anyone except herself

Reactions: 5