Amanda Owen, The Yorkshire Shepherdess

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clive is being a gentleman and taking the blame for whatever went wrong because he is aware of all the flack Amanda has been getting for starring in TV programmes and writing books which depict her to be Mrs Walton in a mini skirt. He probably still loves her very much, she is still the mother of some of his children and he won't want the kids to be hurt by reading what people are saying about their mum.

Reactions: 8
Clive is being a gentleman and taking the blame for whatever went wrong because he is aware of all the flack Amanda has been getting for starring in TV programmes and writing books which depict her to be Mrs Walton in a mini skirt. He probably still loves her very much, she is still the mother of some of his children and he won't want the kids to be hurt by reading what people are saying about their mum.
He is a gent and protecting the kids but I get the vibe he is like these women who marry abusers and have been programmed to blame themselves for their mistreatment.

Reactions: 5
He is a gent and protecting the kids but I get the vibe he is like these women who marry abusers and have been programmed to blame themselves for their mistreatment.
Low self esteem is also always the link and they don't think they deserve more.

Reactions: 3
Amanda Owen is a narcissist, who, reminds me very much of my Ex Wife, she was also a cheat. Nothing was ever her fault, it was always mine. Apparently I was a pathetic man, for being upset when she hit me! Laughed when I was afraid to was going to stab me with the knife she held towards me.
I finally left, when I found I had cancer, her reaction was very cold hearted to say the least. But, of course, even though I was living with my mother and had left, my ex expected me to want her to come to the hospital for my treatment. Why?- because she was using my illness to gain support from her friends, because she was suffering!! Of course, I'm sure she would say things differently, because she was always in denial. Must be great to not have any sort of conscience.
Ruined me, ruined my chances of trusting anyone again.

If I were in charge, these moral crimes that hurt people, ruin families and lives... would have an appropriate custodial sentence.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
So sorry to hear this. It really puts you off having another relationship 😒

Amanda really fancies herself so much....very unlikeable!

QUOTE="FicklePhuker, post: 17257238, member: 360764"]
Amanda Owen is a narcissist, who, reminds me very much of my Ex Wife, she was also a cheat. Nothing was ever her fault, it was always mine. Apparently I was a pathetic man, for being upset when she hit me! Laughed when I was afraid to was going to stab me with the knife she held towards me.
I finally left, when I found I had cancer, her reaction was very cold hearted to say the least. But, of course, even though I was living with my mother and had left, my ex expected me to want her to come to the hospital for my treatment. Why?- because she was using my illness to gain support from her friends, because she was suffering!! Of course, I'm sure she would say things differently, because she was always in denial. Must be great to not
have any sort of conscience.
Ruined me, ruined my chances of trusting anyone again.

If I were in charge, these moral crimes that hurt people, ruin families and lives... would have an appropriate custodial sentence.
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 2
Amanda has just started posting pics of the kids on the farm on Instagram again. Is she still having an affair with that business bloke?

I
Amanda has just started posting pics of the kids on the farm on Instagram again. Is she still having an affair with that business bloke?
Noticed she was back on IG after a long absence. No idea if she is still with her fancy man she's has dropped off the radar a bit.

Reactions: 4
I
Noticed she was back on IG after a long absence. No idea if she is still with her fancy man she's has dropped off the radar a bit.
I wouldn't really want to watch her on TV now or to read her books as it wasn't how it seemed. I always thought that she was playing to the cameras as who else would muck out wearing a mini skirt?

Reactions: 4
I wouldn't really want to watch her on TV now or to read her books as it wasn't how it seemed. I always thought that she was playing to the cameras as who else would muck out wearing a mini skirt?
The mini skirt and myriad jangly bangles looked ridiculous in a farmyard anyway, she has also broken the "happy wholesome family " spell now and there is no going back to it. Its over...

Reactions: 7
The mini skirt and myriad jangly bangles looked ridiculous in a farmyard anyway, she has also broken the "happy wholesome family " spell now and there is no going back to it. Its over...
She never took those bangles off, even after having her arm up a sheep's vagina during lambing....straight back in to cook the kids tea! I suppose it built up their immunity!

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I really like her and her family but are they too good to be true?
Now that she's left Clive the spell has broken . How much of it was really true? These wholesome kids from teens to toddlers helping their parents on their family farm. Living the good healthy life with little access to technology they were like something out of a Thomas Hardy novel, did they actually play on XBoxes and watch cartoons as soon as the cameras left ? Not saying that would have been all Amanda but a producers whim to charm and enchant viewers. I often sensed underlying tension between Amanda and the eldest daughter Raven as well who seemed tired of Amanda's controlling behaviour.

Reactions: 3
The kids definitely had access to tech devices to do schoolwork from home during the lockdowns. There's always some kind of fakery in these sort of programmes but the kids come across as genuinely enjoying their rough and tumble outdoor life and each others company. I remember Raven saying in interviews though that as the eldest she got fed up having to help out so much with all the younger kids.

Reactions: 7
Has anybody else seen Ravens Instagram? I only found it the other day.

She has grown up a lot now in comparison to when she was on the family’s programme. She seems to be sharing a house with friends in York, whom she posts a lot of photos with. And now has a nose piercing.

A bit different to what I expected from her, but a welcome change. She seems much happier.

There haven't been many posts from Amanda on Instagram. Maybe Raven told her to shove it, so she is raising her own kids now instead of taking photos and posing constantly.

Amanda has gone from being all over the place to nothing, she hardly posts obn IG nowadays.
---
Amanda has gone from being all over the place to nothing, she hardly posts obn IG nowadays

Reactions: 1