Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiredbones

Am I the only one that didn’t know the Rocks New Years thing the BBC show just before and after the fireworks isn’t live?
I went to last year's recording with Years and Years, it's filmed in early December

I was also on my own last night, my son went to a party. Had a chilled evening and went to bed about 10ish

• Heart
Reactions: 3

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
I’m alone tonight out of choice. I spend a lot of time alone because it’s the only time I truly feel at peace. Other people can be so overwhelming lol.

Currently drinking homemade margaritas and catching up on YouTube. Will probably do a face mask later or my nails maybe.

Hogmanay is just another day for me. I’ve spent many years going out and getting drunk with friends that I don’t feel like I’m missing out anymore (not that my friends go out anymore either). Just do what makes you happy - pay no attention to anyone else💕
i'm going to do my nails too! probably have a late night snack and watch this drama i've been recommended on bbc. it's called Mayflies 🥰

Thank you for this thread it's helped me not feel so lonely.
You are most welcome. Thank you for joining in and sharing 💗

Reactions: 3

L3moning

VIP Member
Loads of fireworks here, starting earlier, then a few at 11, then loads actually at midnight.

Also had a video call with my family, so that's good =)

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I’m just glad it’s over. No more expectations to be having “the most wonderful time of the year” .

Something I’m looking forward to- seeing my therapist again. Three weeks since I saw him already and he’s at work from tomorrow. So we can arrange a new appointment 😂.
I quite enjoyed it as I used it as an excuse to get lovely food and be lazy and snuggle at home 😳 Although I did see a bit of the fireworks.

Hope it goes well with your counsellor

I couldn’t even stay up for the start of Hootenanny! I went to bed, got woken up by the fireworks; worried about all the poor animals in the area being terrified by them; texted my kids Happy New Year; felt sad that no one else texted me - especially my Brother, given that we’ve had a rough time this past year or so. Then decided it’s time to stop feeling sorry myself and went back to sleep 😆
I hope the New Year is good to us all.
Looking forward to starting dry January today, at least - feel like I’ve had my body weight in wine to ease me through the Christmas period! 🙈
Oh me too. I only had one cocktail last night to be fair but far too much over the Xmas period. Time for tea!

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I went to last year's recording with Years and Years, it's filmed in early December

I was also on my own last night, my son went to a party. Had a chilled evening and went to bed about 10ish
What happens when it cuts to Big Ben, is it a strange having to pretend it’s NYE?
Sorry for the questions I honestly thought it was live until I seen a tweet from the man who works on the show explaining how they cut to Big Ben seamlessly.

Reactions: 1

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Am I the only one that didn’t know the Rocks New Years thing the BBC show just before and after the fireworks isn’t live?

Tiredbones

What happens when it cuts to Big Ben, is it a strange having to pretend it’s NYE?
Sorry for the questions I honestly thought it was live until I seen a tweet from the man who works on the show explaining how they cut to Big Ben seamlessly.
It was all performed in a different order to how it was shown on tv. Y&Y had Pet Shop Boys and Kylie as the special guests. PSB performed first then Y&Y did their songs then Kylie came out. Once Kylie had sung her and Y&Y recorded some bits to camera, one saying join us after the Graham Norton show for our concert and one doing the countdown, the audience had to cheer and clap. Then Kylie left and Y&Y did another song then they released the confetti for midnight.
On the tv Kylie was on before midnight and PSB were on after. There was lots of stopping and starting to refilm bits so it never really flowed like a proper concert it felt like a tv show. The studio it's filmed in is tiny, like a school hall, but it looked much bigger on tv. I think there was only a couple of hundred people there, although there were still covid restrictions then