Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I’m just glad it’s over. No more expectations to be having “the most wonderful time of the year” .

Something I’m looking forward to- seeing my therapist again. Three weeks since I saw him already and he’s at work from tomorrow. So we can arrange a new appointment 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Miss Villanelle

Chatty Member
I've spent many nye's out, always felt forced. I'm snuggled up on sofa this year with my dogs watching The bodyguard on TV and this makes me happy.
Those struggling, it is just another night and you aren't alone, take care of yourselves x

Reactions: 9

JSquared

VIP Member
I'm alone for NYE this year. I was meant to be spending it with my boyfriend, but he dumped 2 days ago. Tbh I've struggled to find something to do on NYE for the past few years.

I feel really, really down about finally having to spend one alone tbh - I feel at 27, I should have a big group of friends to go out with. I've had quite a struggle with my mental health for the past 4/5 years but this year is the worst it's ever gotten to and I've definitely hit rock bottom. My body dysmorphia has left me isolated and I've lost all my friends because of it :(

Hugs to everyone else that's having a tough time, I hope things get better for all of us.
Sending you so much love. Hard to find something positive in this but Fresh Year, Fresh Start?

I don’t have a big group of friends but go for quality over quantity. I’ve been in big groups and it’s toxic. All put on for SM - when behind the scenes there’s lots of bitching, back stabbing and so on x

• Heart
I'm at home with my Husband and cat but I do feel quite alone at times. I'm happy and ready for a new year but sometimes I just feel lonely.

I live a quiet life and moved away from my closest friends aswell so can't even pop and see them without a 100 mile drive. Also some family are out not too far away for NYE and haven't invited me so that's not helped.

Thank you for this thread it's helped me not feel so lonely.

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I think a lot of the pressure comes from social media. People only show their best bits and some of what is shown is staged. That’s what we need to remember x
Maybe it's social media nowadays but I think there was a lot of pressure for the millennium and it never really went away for new year.

Reactions: 8

Nixxs

VIP Member
Really don't like NY after years of having to make believe enjoying going out. Something always kicked off. Now I don't bother and will more than likely go bed early

• Heart

Delia Smith

VIP Member
My fella is upstairs and i'm on the sofa with the cat. I used to feel a bit low/FOMO on NYE but as i've got older it's worn off and i'm fine just chilling at home. Gona watch the full monty and get a beer from the fridge.

mee43

VIP Member
I think New Year is a lonely night. Even in Relationships I'd rather treat it as a normal night and go to bed at usual time.
I agree. I’ve always disliked it, even when I was younger, and actually made the effort to go out.
It’s just me and the OH tonight, searching for things to watch on TV.
I’ve been aware of feeling a bit lonely lately anyway, and I think NYE enforces that feeling.
I think I’ll be in bed long before 12.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I was alone on Christmas, that felt harder. This feels like any other day for me personally.

I bought pizza and chocolate so I'm relatively happy.

Who was the group of people you were with last night?

• Heart

mee43

VIP Member
I couldn’t even stay up for the start of Hootenanny! I went to bed, got woken up by the fireworks; worried about all the poor animals in the area being terrified by them; texted my kids Happy New Year; felt sad that no one else texted me - especially my Brother, given that we’ve had a rough time this past year or so. Then decided it’s time to stop feeling sorry myself and went back to sleep 😆
I hope the New Year is good to us all.
Looking forward to starting dry January today, at least - feel like I’ve had my body weight in wine to ease me through the Christmas period! 🙈

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Oo can I join in? I’ll be honest I feel really boring I could quite happily go to bed but I feel like I should stay up to watch Big Ben chime in the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

jenna6387

i have a little cat and she finds the fireworks so startling. her ears go back and her eyes are all big and panicked 😭😭😭

I've decided to clean my bedroom specifically top to bottom. Full cleanse for my mind and symbolic also. hoovered, clean sheets, incense, polish etc and I just want to snuggle with my cat and probably be on tattle too
[/QUOTE]

It’s so horrible to see our pets so scared. I really recommend classic radio. It really helps mine.

That sounds like a perfect plan, and plenty of cat snuggles in fresh bedding ❤

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Happy new year everyone ❤ Recognise lots of faces from other threads.

My husband has gone to bed as he’s up for work at 4:30am and I’m a bottle of wine deep as I feel the need to stay up and see the new year in!

• Heart

Blockster

I've had covid this Xmas and it's really affected me mentally, I feel so low and the thought of a new year fills me with horror! I'm sorry that's so depressing isn't it?

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
My oh has gone to bed, the dog has gone with him, I'm on the sofa watching the full monty, feels like a normal night, years ago we'd have been out , I used to hate it, so am happy just being alone!

• Heart

annanuttall

VIP Member
My husband has gone to bed but I decided to stay up - so hello everyone I'm sitting here on my own. 🙌

• Heart

JSquared

VIP Member
I thought I'd make a thread for those of us that will be alone (or will feel alone) tonight. We can share our plans (if we have any) and talk about why we might be alone if it helps (?)

I'll be alone tonight and I feel a bit half and half about it. I have woken feeling quite down and alone already. But I did spend last night with a group of people who made me feel utterly invisible.

I'm 26 and the last couple of NYEs have all felt the same. Lonely, depressing and sad. Is this what it will always be like?

(Obviously covid has been at play but also all my friends are spread across the UK so it's harder to meet and organise. Especially with cost of living atm)

I'd just like to know I'm not the only one.

Please tell me your plans for today and tonight 💗🥹
Im so sorry they made you feel like that, I hope you’re ok.

Me and my OH indoors tonight. Going to cook something yummy and watch a film. Nothing exciting.

I’ve spent many NYs on my own - I would normally wear my favourite PJs, eat something yummy and have a pamper. Do whatever makes you feel good x

• Heart
Reactions: 6