Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalla

VIP Member
Happy New Year all!

Fireworks started here at 8.30 the odd ones here and there, but have been constant since about 11.50. Some screaming and shouting from down the road, and some pisshead wandering in the street singing Auld Lang Syne but not knowing most of the words 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ ..pretty typical for round here. I really need to move out of London!

Hoping for good, or at least better, things for us all for the coming year ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Gymhoned

VIP Member
my sister and her friends. they came over and my mum joined too and both her and my sister love to drink and when they do they get snappy, aggresive and mean (but only at me - im the youngest) reminds me of when i was in school and would come home to my mum drunk and nasty.
my sisters friends are not my kind of people - made awful jokes about horrific things that gave me a lump in my throat and my eyes water. at one point i had to go upstairs because my heart was pounding out my chest and i was on the verge of tears
i tried to speak to my mum about the "jokes" and i was dismissed and snarled at

they didn't even notice when i slipped away and when i did try and re-join it was like i wasn't even in the room. id try to join in and joke and play games and id be ignored and it was like they all decided that anything i said wasnt funny or worth listening to.

i went to bed feeling truly alone and sad in my heart. felt trodden on

this was after christmas where once again, my sister made me cry from being so nasty (but it's all in direct so my mum acts obvliviois most times) and when i want to call her out on it, i get told not to because "it'll cause drama"

that was a ramble, apologies 😣
~

thank you all for posting on this thread, it's making me feel better 💗🥹
Think you need some nicer people to hang out with!! Just because theyre family well who cares. My sister is vile too we havent spoken for 6 years and they really have been the happiest years!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Happy New Year Tattlers ❤
I'm in bed with the dog listening to the rain, husband is somewhere else.
Just waiting for the fireworks to start 🙄 hoping the rain puts people off.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

FilthyGorgeous

I’ve been ignoring it all day but feeling myself getting tense now. I always get like this at New Year because I associate it with bad memories growing up, but I’m a bloody adult now so I need to get over that. I also can’t be arsed with people who I never hear from trying to phone me and them getting emotional. Can’t wait until it’s all over 😂

• Heart

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I'm not on my own but my partner is a miserable fucker and he's gone to bed. He goes to bed at about 9 o'clock every new year's eve and has done for the last 15 years. I have options to go and spend it with family but I choose to stay here because I don't like leaving him on his own 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️.

I always make sure I have a nice meal and some good snacks and something good to watch on TV.

I've only gone out out on about two NYEs anyway and both were a flop. I've worked quite a few when I worked in pubs and a lot of people look like they aren't having fun. I've chosen to do a nice night out, that isn't NYE most years. Me and my partner go for a nice meal in January, I just don't tell him it's a substitute because as I said, he's a miserable fucker who doesn't like being told it's time to have fun.

Maid22

VIP Member
Agreed. Social media is the thief of joy and I’m glad I don’t have to read any of those type of posts this year from people bragging about how amazing their year has been. Social media is just a snapshot in time of someone’s life and is not representative of their day to day life (I still have to regularly remind myself of that even though I’m not on social media any more!) The best person we can compare ourselves to is our old selves to appreciate how far we’ve come.
Agree, I don't do any social media, folks think I'm strange cos I don't have faceache, why should I, am not interested in other folks lives, alot of it just braggy and boasting from what I've heard, folks falling out etc, not for me!

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Also alone tonight. Tbh happy to be! I've been poorly recently and I feel like being alone means no pressure. I can just chill and do what I want.

I quite like the concept of the new year and January always feels like a fresh start but then I do try to find the positives in everything 😂
(I love mondays for this reason too so I am definitely odd lol!)

Reactions: 4

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
Maybe it's social media nowadays but I think there was a lot of pressure for the millennium and it never really went away for new year.
that's an interesting point!

My husband has gone to bed but I decided to stay up - so hello everyone I'm sitting here on my own. 🙌
welcome 💗

and u are welcome @Lalla 🥰

I've just had some vegan chinese (yuummm) and i've finished cleaning/cleansing my room. Will now give myself a manicure and wait for my sweet tooth to kick in.

My mum is staying tonight and she'll be in bed before 12 and that's usually when the lonely kicks in. When it's just me awake in the house and it turns 12, fireworks going off everywhere hearing people cheer and I just feel swallowed by loneliness / emptiness.

Cheers y'all 🥹

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I agree. I’ve always disliked it, even when I was younger, and actually made the effort to go out.
It’s just me and the OH tonight, searching for things to watch on TV.
I’ve been aware of feeling a bit lonely lately anyway, and I think NYE enforces that feeling.
I think I’ll be in bed long before 12.
I love Auld Lang Syne but as I get older it gets sadder remembering lost loved ones (parents, aunts, uncles). For the past 10 years it's been me and some wine and I must be one of the few people who breathe a sigh of relief come New Years Day

• Heart

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
I'm alone for NYE this year. I was meant to be spending it with my boyfriend, but he dumped 2 days ago. Tbh I've struggled to find something to do on NYE for the past few years.

I feel really, really down about finally having to spend one alone tbh - I feel at 27, I should have a big group of friends to go out with. I've had quite a struggle with my mental health for the past 4/5 years but this year is the worst it's ever gotten to and I've definitely hit rock bottom. My body dysmorphia has left me isolated and I've lost all my friends because of it :(

Hugs to everyone else that's having a tough time, I hope things get better for all of us.
I'm sorry to hear this. 2 days before the new year is really rough

I feel the same at 26, that I should have this type of group and be doing that kind of stuff (even though I know it's objectively not true)

I really hear you about struggling with mental health for a good few years and I also have BDD. I really understand how it isolates you 💗 sending so much love and hugs

• Heart
Happy New Year everyone. We watched a bit of Hootenanny, I had a J2O and then watched the fireworks. Drank too much water aswell so know I will need the loo a lot so sleep might escape me lol. Husband has gone to sleep and I'm just laying in bed listening to Smooth radio for company/noise.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Chewingthefat

Happy New Year! Listening to the fireworks from my cosy bed 😂. Looking forward to waking up with no hangover tomorrow! :)

• Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
I’m at home with my daughter but I’ll probably go to bed at 10/11pm. Just another day for me.

my sister and her friends. they came over and my mum joined too and both her and my sister love to drink and when they do they get snappy, aggresive and mean (but only at me - im the youngest) reminds me of when i was in school and would come home to my mum drunk and nasty.
my sisters friends are not my kind of people - made awful jokes about horrific things that gave me a lump in my throat and my eyes water. at one point i had to go upstairs because my heart was pounding out my chest and i was on the verge of tears
i tried to speak to my mum about the "jokes" and i was dismissed and snarled at

they didn't even notice when i slipped away and when i did try and re-join it was like i wasn't even in the room. id try to join in and joke and play games and id be ignored and it was like they all decided that anything i said wasnt funny or worth listening to.

i went to bed feeling truly alone and sad in my heart. felt trodden on

this was after christmas where once again, my sister made me cry from being so nasty (but it's all in direct so my mum acts obvliviois most times) and when i want to call her out on it, i get told not to because "it'll cause drama"

that was a ramble, apologies 😣
~

thank you all for posting on this thread, it's making me feel better 💗🥹
I’m sorry to read this. Time to distance from them?

• Heart