Alone on New Year's Eve 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it's social media nowadays but I think there was a lot of pressure for the millennium and it never really went away for new year.
I don't think social media helps. One thing that always used to get me down (which weirdly hasn't this year so I am taking that as a win) is how much people had 'accomplished' and comparing myself. It got better after I deleted social media a few years ago but was still there for a long time after.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oo can I join in? I’ll be honest I feel really boring I could quite happily go to bed but I feel like I should stay up to watch Big Ben chime in the year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't think social media helps. One thing that always used to get me down (which weirdly hasn't this year so I am taking that as a win) is how much people had 'accomplished' and comparing myself. It got better after I deleted social media a few years ago but was still there for a long time after.
Agreed. Social media is the thief of joy and I’m glad I don’t have to read any of those type of posts this year from people bragging about how amazing their year has been. Social media is just a snapshot in time of someone’s life and is not representative of their day to day life (I still have to regularly remind myself of that even though I’m not on social media any more!) The best person we can compare ourselves to is our old selves to appreciate how far we’ve come.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agreed. Social media is the thief of joy and I’m glad I don’t have to read any of those type of posts this year from people bragging about how amazing their year has been. Social media is just a snapshot in time of someone’s life and is not representative of their day to day life (I still have to regularly remind myself of that even though I’m not on social media any more!) The best person we can compare ourselves to is our old selves to appreciate how far we’ve come.
Agree, I don't do any social media, folks think I'm strange cos I don't have faceache, why should I, am not interested in other folks lives, alot of it just braggy and boasting from what I've heard, folks falling out etc, not for me!

Reactions: 5
I'm not on my own but my partner is a miserable fucker and he's gone to bed. He goes to bed at about 9 o'clock every new year's eve and has done for the last 15 years. I have options to go and spend it with family but I choose to stay here because I don't like leaving him on his own 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️.

I always make sure I have a nice meal and some good snacks and something good to watch on TV.

I've only gone out out on about two NYEs anyway and both were a flop. I've worked quite a few when I worked in pubs and a lot of people look like they aren't having fun. I've chosen to do a nice night out, that isn't NYE most years. Me and my partner go for a nice meal in January, I just don't tell him it's a substitute because as I said, he's a miserable fucker who doesn't like being told it's time to have fun.

Happy new year everyone ❤ Recognise lots of faces from other threads.

My husband has gone to bed as he’s up for work at 4:30am and I’m a bottle of wine deep as I feel the need to stay up and see the new year in!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy New Year Tattlers ❤
I'm in bed with the dog listening to the rain, husband is somewhere else.
Just waiting for the fireworks to start 🙄 hoping the rain puts people off.

• Heart
Happy New Year! Listening to the fireworks from my cosy bed 😂. Looking forward to waking up with no hangover tomorrow! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Happy New Year all!

Fireworks started here at 8.30 the odd ones here and there, but have been constant since about 11.50. Some screaming and shouting from down the road, and some pisshead wandering in the street singing Auld Lang Syne but not knowing most of the words 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ ..pretty typical for round here. I really need to move out of London!

Hoping for good, or at least better, things for us all for the coming year ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Loads of fireworks here, starting earlier, then a few at 11, then loads actually at midnight.

Also had a video call with my family, so that's good =)

• Heart
Reactions: 2