All things eBay - Selling, Buying & Listing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m having to refund someone as they’re saying the item I sent out never got delivered. I have the receipt still to prove it how ever eBay was on their side because the receipt didn’t have tracking number 🤦🏼‍♀️ they kept saying talk it out with the buyer how ever buyer was ignoring my messages after they sent the one saying they’ve not received it. Never selling on there again 🥲
Did you use Royal Mail? You can claim back from them . There's forms on the website and you need to print off screenshot of the sale and proof of payment. I did and got my money back .

Reactions: 1
I’m having to refund someone as they’re saying the item I sent out never got delivered. I have the receipt still to prove it how ever eBay was on their side because the receipt didn’t have tracking number 🤦🏼‍♀️ they kept saying talk it out with the buyer how ever buyer was ignoring my messages after they sent the one saying they’ve not received it. Never selling on there again 🥲
How did you post it out?
Eta: wrote this as the exact same time as Kim above!

As the others have said on this thread if you have the certificate of posting you can claim up to £20.

I finally sold something on Ebay! I listed it on the 80% off fees weekend and then got a discount on the Ebay parcel delivery postage because of the Royal Mail strikes, so I'm actually going to receive the whole fiver it sold for haha, even after the fees & postage. Small wins!

Reactions: 4
I bought an electrical item supposedly brand new off eBay and when I plugged it in it blew and smoked, totally unusable now. I’ve messaged the seller three times now to discuss it, I don’t even know what they would do about it but I would like them to acknowledge it and check other items. Anyway, still no reply from
the company, do I leave negative feedback?

I bought an electrical item supposedly brand new off eBay and when I plugged it in it blew and smoked, totally unusable now. I’ve messaged the seller three times now to discuss it, I don’t even know what they would do about it but I would like them to acknowledge it and check other items. Anyway, still no reply from
Yes leave negative feedback. You have asked them to sort it and ignored you so contact EBAY to open a case and ask for your money back, send photos too.

Reactions: 3
I've tried googling/on Ebay help and couldn't find a clear answer - does anyone knlw whether I can send an item by a different postage option from the choices Ebay provides when you list an item? The compensation levels are quite limited, whereas if I send through e.g. Yodel Direct I have more affordable compensation options.

Report them! That is one of the negative things about ebay is the amount of fake stuff being sold. If the person is selling more of the item let trading standards know.

I love ebay but since they've changed the fees are ridiculous. I use it on and off but only when reduced fees are being offered.

I've only had a few things go wrong but Royal Mail has always been great at paying me back my money and I always get proof of postage. If I'm selling an expensive item I will increase postage so it's covered

Why are some buyers suck dicks?! Sold and item, buyer didn’t read the size on the description and is now telling me I am a scammer.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I've sold an item on ebay and used Royal Mail as always found them to be reliable........until now. The handbag I was selling didn't reach the buyer and after a month they advised me that item hadn't been delivered and possibly lost. I contacted Royal Mail and gave them the tracking number.....but here's my query that I'm hoping someone on here works or knows someone who does work for RM. Is there a way that the item has been delivered but Postie not scanned therefore showing as not delivered? If Yes then i will find another courier.
I have since received negative feedback despite having 100% positive for a very long time due to the bag going missing.

I've sold an item on ebay and used Royal Mail as always found them to be reliable........until now. The handbag I was selling didn't reach the buyer and after a month they advised me that item hadn't been delivered and possibly lost. I contacted Royal Mail and gave them the tracking number.....but here's my query that I'm hoping someone on here works or knows someone who does work for RM. Is there a way that the item has been delivered but Postie not scanned therefore showing as not delivered? If Yes then i will find another courier.
I have since received negative feedback despite having 100% positive for a very long time due to the bag going missing.
I think it can happen but rarely, Out of the all RM are the most reliable imo and the best at compensation. If you got negative feedback I would say it is unlikely they have the bag because presumably they've been refunded?

I think it can happen but rarely, Out of the all RM are the most reliable imo and the best at compensation. If you got negative feedback I would say it is unlikely they have the bag because presumably they've been refunded?
Yes RM were really good and refunded me within days of making the claim and I then refunded the buyer too. I do prefer RM hence why I use them alot.
The last parcel they sent, they hadn't scanned so I panicked again, however the buyer left me feedback so she obviously received the parcel but RM hadn't scanned it which is frustrating.

I messaged a seller at the end of January on Ebay and asked if the Hermes scarf I wanted to buy still had its care tag/fabric label. She said yes. A few weeks later I purchased the item. It did not come with the care tag and it also was not in an unworn condition which she said it was. I took pictures and wrote her saying I asked her about the tag still attached and she told me yes in January. She said it fell off when she switched boxes and that she could mail me the tag. I said no. I wrote her asking if it was still attached and I wanted it in the original sewing condition from Hermes.

She agreed to the return. I sent it back to England but parcel force could not deliver it because she did not provide a business name or building number to the business park that she owns and lives in . She said all the mail goes to the park office . I called usps and asked them to tell parcel force that but they were too late. I got the package back on Friday . I messaged the seller and said I will ship it through DHL and that I can put the park office underneath The name of the business park. I asked her for a building number if there is One. She asked eBay to step in today .

The scarf was missing the tag. I would not have bought it without it. The shipping company saying the address was not complete Is annoying but to them it looked incomplete . Seems like they didn’t go into the business park and see if they could leave it somewhere .

Her husband had an operation last week . Maybe that’s why she asked eBay to step in. I feel like I should be able to return it .

Ebay sided with her. That makes no sense to me. I called Amex to do a chargeback. I also appealed to eBay. I hope Amex will side with me.

I just received a notification on my phone to say an item has arrived but it’s not there.
I’ve looked outside it’s not there. The address is correct.
So far I’ve contacted the seller but I think I have to wait till the due date has passed to open a case.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Will I get a refund. Why did the courier say it was delivered. I was in at the time.
😡

I just received a notification on my phone to say an item has arrived but it’s not there.
I’ve looked outside it’s not there. The address is correct.
So far I’ve contacted the seller but I think I have to wait till the due date has passed to open a case.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Will I get a refund. Why did the courier say it was delivered. I was in at the time.
😡
If it’s Evri aka Hermes then I’d hold out until tomorrow. I’ve had this happen and it wasn’t delivered as when I went to track it no proof of delivery photo! It was then delivered the following day - which is frustrating.

Reactions: 2
Turns out it was delivered to a neighbour opposite but no note to let me know. Luckily the neighbour brought it round promptly.
Why not let me know - saves an awful lot of potential hassle if the parcel is not brought round till a week later
🤨

Reactions: 1
When selling on ebay do people find it better to offer free postage and include it in the price of the item or have the item a little cheaper but charge for postage? Sold items using both methods and get stupidly low offers either way.

When selling on ebay do people find it better to offer free postage and include it in the price of the item or have the item a little cheaper but charge for postage? Sold items using both methods and get stupidly low offers either way.
I always charge postage separate and offer free pickup.
I’ve had local people come and pick things up and then you can take cash

I always charge postage separate and offer free pickup.
I’ve had local people come and pick things up and then you can take cash
I have sold a bit more now I’ve added postage. I’ve added a little onto the item so I can accept an offer. But those collecting nectar points might of prefered the postage included in the item as I’ve noticed it’s only on the item price.

Sold something on eBay for my mum. She told me it was new and upopened and I stupidly didn't check. Buyer took two weeks to collect from the post office and told me last week that the item wasn't complete. She didn't open a case so I said she could return, I agreed to refund standard postage costs when she asked.

She has now returned the £10 item via special delivery costing £11.50 and weirdly the item weighs less than it did when I posted it. I will refund just because I cba with the aggro but I have no intention of refunding her £11.50. Does anyone know if you can over refund on eBay so I can add £3 onto the original refund?